• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Is it possible to re-rip a ripped movie?

mag357

This is my first post and I hope it is posted in the right forum.
I am very, very new to this hobby and just a few days ago gotten into it. I have a movie that was ripped and burn to a DVD and it has the code that prevents you from having sound throughout the movie. Now , is it possible for me to rip this copy I have using AnyDVD to get rid of the code and if so, is there any special step I would have to implement? I hope I am explaining myself here.

This is my first post and I hope it is posted in the right forum.
I am very, very new to this hobby and just a few days ago gotten into it. I have a movie that was ripped and burn to a DVD and it has the code that prevents you from having sound throughout the movie. Now , is it possible for me to rip this copy I have using AnyDVD to get rid of the code and if so, is there any special step I would have to implement? I hope I am explaining myself here.

Sound like cinavia nuisance to me. (Where audio is muted after 20 minute) Can you share movie name in question and post anydvd log file for that particular disc.

Also do you see any error message on screen when sound is muted and how are you playing movie in question. For example standalone player or software based player.

Sound like cinavia nuisance to me. (Where audio is muted after 20 minute) Can you share movie name in question and post anydvd log file for that particular disc.

Also do you see any error message on screen when sound is muted and how are you playing movie in question. For example standalone player or software based player.

I don't recall Cinavia wasn't for DVD but mostly for BD media so your info is wrong here DVD have CSS protection and a rare rare have Cinavia. If your not sure here some read about media protections for you.

http://www.miraizon.com/support/info_copyprotection.html

or

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinavia

Last edited:
I don't recall Cinavia wasn't for DVD but mostly for BD media so your info is wrong here DVD have CSS protection and a rare rare have Cinavia.
I've never seen a DVD where CSS would specifically prevent audio playback.

I would try the following and see if you get the same problem.

If a standard definition disk:
1. Rip the source DVD-ROM disk to the hard drive with AnyDVD
2. Build your back-up with DVD Shrink.
3. Burn back-up disk with Imgburn

If a Blu-ray disk:
1. Rip the source BD-ROM disk to the hard drive with AnyDVD HD
2. Build your back-up with BD Rebuilder
3. Burn back-up disk with Imgburn

If the source disk is a Blu-ray disk the audio problems with the back-up disk is most likely the Cinavia problems. Play the Blu-ray back-up disk on a hardware player make before February 2012.

OR

You can playback with software playing with AnyDVD HD and a good software player, they will bypass Cinavia.

I was afraid of this, not explaining myself correctly. Ok, let me try again. The DVD that I have, was not ripped by me, It was given to me and I was told it is a BD rip; and burn to a DVD. It looked to me as one of those boot leg disc. It so happen that when they played it, it worked fine on their player but I have a Samsung BD-F5900 player and it did not work for me. The movie is "About Last Night". So I was wondering if I could use my AnyDVD program and rip the boot leg disk that I now have, to see if it gets rid of what you call cinavia.

strike 1) a BDrip is usually a bd that was ripped to a container such as .mkv, especially if it's burned on a dvd. Anydvd doesn't handle data discs like that. It only handles valid disc structures
strike 2) rip the "bootleg", so you're trying to pirate a pirated movie? Sorry, can't help you there
strike 3, you're out) Anydvd can't and never will be able to remove cinavia. Removing cinavia requires audio recoding and that is beyond the scope of anydvd. Anydvd's cinavia fix patches the SOFTWARE player to not detect the signal. The signal itself is still present in the movie and any physical backup will still trigger it.

I don't recall Cinavia wasn't for DVD but mostly for BD media so your info is wrong here DVD have CSS protection and a rare rare have Cinavia. If your not sure here some read about media protections for you.

Hogwash.
While Cinavia is not "common" on DVD's - there are plenty that do contain it.
CSS is not known to blank audio.
AnyDVD does not remove Cinavia - you need to play that disk on an older player that does not support cinavia or on a software player with AnyDVD in the background.
Next time you post - include an AnyDVD logfile of the disk.
We don't guess here, and we don't support piracy either.
-W
I only posted at all to cleanup Recycle's dis-information - a full time job it seems. :D

Last edited:
Ok, first I did not say it was a pirated movie, I said it looked to me like a boot leg because of how the label looked on the disc, like if it was painted on to the disc. Since what I wanted to do cannot be done, then I appreciate all the replies and help to understand this thing. So as far as I am concern.... Case closed.
Thanks again to all those who tried to explain this thing to me, it was helpful.

but you did say it was a BDrip, and that's a classical term for such a thing. You also stated it was your friends' disc, which means that even if it was an original disc you'd be pirating the disc yourself since you don't own the movie yourself. In such as case we cannot help you. And what cinavia is concerned, slysoft is working on a product Slyce that will eventually be able to remove cinavia but it is unknown if it will be able to on initial release. Before you ask, no there's no release date known for that product.

Put the disk into Imgburn and lets see what the disk really is.

DVD-ROM, BD-ROM, DVD-5, DVD-9, BD-R single layer or dual layer

90% of the BD rips are in .mp4 1080P , the files are about 2Gbs, the password you are looking to bypass cannot be done with AnyDVD, if that is the case. Buy the movie and post a logfile, then we can see exactly what the issue is and if there is one. :agree:

Hogwash.
While Cinavia is not "common" on DVD's - there are plenty that do contain it.

Example then....I've seen CSS on dvd for retail release mostly when I see it on Anydvd.

Example then....I've seen CSS on dvd for retail release mostly when I see it on Anydvd.

Here you go,

Takers
Burlesque[SUP]#[/SUP]
The Tourist[SUP]#[/SUP]
The Roommate
Dylan Dog: Dead Of Night*
Zookeeper[SUP]#[/SUP]
Bad Teacher[SUP]#[/SUP]
Project X
Wrath of the Titans
Rock of Ages
The Campaign
Frankenweenie
Kick-Ass 2[SUP]#[/SUP]
47 Ronin[SUP]#[/SUP]
Endless Love (2014)

* for those, in territories where the movie is not released by Warner Bros., Sony Pictures, 20th Century Fox, Universal Studios or Disney, the DVD does not have Cinavia

Here you go,
<snips 15 examples>

And I can think of another 10-12 DVDs with Cinavia.
All this not to mention that the OP never even mentioned CSS at all to begin with.
Most DVDs have CSS - but we're talking about audio blanking here, and that smells of Cinavia.

-W

Are CSS and Cinavia mutually exclusive?

No they are not.
"CSS encryption" is one thing - the Cinavia "watermark" embedded in the audio track is another animal entirely.
Most commercial DVDs have CSS and Region Coding on them (at least).
Cinavia is not as common on DVD's as it is on Blu-Ray - by a long shot, but it turns up on several DVDs too.

-W

Last edited:
Cinivia

Cinivia has been known to turn up on demo's also.

Back