• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 14 and AnyDVD HD?

probep

Has anyone already tested new PowerDVD 14 with AnyDVD HD? Does Cinavia fix work?

Last edited:
why don't you try it and let us know if it does or not :)

I've tried the PowerDVD 14 trial version and the AnyDVD Cinavia fix currently does not work (muted audio and Cinavia message shown)

Interestingly this version does not seem to enforce Cinavia on BD folder format, they seemed to work fine.

Interestingly this version does not seem to enforce Cinavia on BD folder format, they seemed to work fine.

So you could try to mount the BD drive as an NTFS folder (AnyDVD running, of course). This might work, too.

So you could try to mount the BD drive as an NTFS folder (AnyDVD running, of course). This might work, too.

Good thinking. I've just tried it, and indeed it does work :D

Does PowerDVD 14 play BD folders on a hard drive? I thought they removed that function after version 7.3.

Does PowerDVD 14 play BD folders on a hard drive? I thought they removed that function after version 7.3.

IIRC it returned with PowerDVD 11.

I've tried the PowerDVD 14 trial version and the AnyDVD Cinavia fix currently does not work (muted audio and Cinavia message shown)

Just tested the official PowerDVD 14.0.3917.58.
Confirmed all the information from ddjmagic.

I don't understand how can I do that?
I have Windows 7 Pro 64bit.

Probably as easy as mounting the ISO in vcd. Then instead of pointing pdvd 14 to the virtual drive directly select the option to point it to a video folder (which is then your vcd drive).or mount the ISO, start windows explorer and navigate to the mounted ISO, and simply drag the contents of it onto pdvd that should trigger folder loading mode.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Probably as easy as mounting the ISO in vcd. Then instead of pointing pdvd 14 to the virtual drive directly select the option to point it to a video folder (which is then your vcd drive).or mount the ISO, start windows explorer and navigate to the mounted ISO, and simply drag the contents of it onto pdvd that should trigger folder loading mode.

Well, just tested. In such case Cinavia fix DOES NOT work. I used Daemon Tools Lite (instead of vcd) and BD ISO. I played BDMV-folder on virtual drive, but after 20 minutes audio muted and Cinavia message shown.

I didn't say point it to the virtual drive as a drive. I said mount the ISO and then use the folder navigation option or go via windows explorer

Well, just tested. In such case Cinavia fix DOES NOT work. I used Daemon Tools Lite (instead of vcd) and BD ISO. I played BDMV-folder on virtual drive, but after 20 minutes audio muted and Cinavia message shown.

James means mount the drive as a folder in windows (just navigating to the folder from the Virtual Drive doesn't work)

This is how I did it -

Click the Start Menu button.
Type "hard"
You should now see the top option - "Create and format hard disk partitions" - Click this - 'Disk Management' will open.
Now at the bottom left you should be able to see your optical drive (mine shows as "CD-ROM 0")
Right click on the drive - top option will be "Change Drive Letters and Paths" - click that option.
Another box opens - You should see an "Add" button - click this
Now choose the option 'Mount in the following empty NTFS folder' and click "browse"
Select an empty folder or create a new one and click OK.

That's it done, anything loaded in that optical drive will now show inside the chosen folder. Now point PowerDVD to that folder instead of the drive and it should play fine.

I didn't say point it to the virtual drive as a drive. I said mount the ISO and then use the folder navigation option or go via windows explorer

I did exactly as you wrote: used the folder navigation option.

James means mount the drive as a folder in windows (just navigating to the folder from the Virtual Drive doesn't work)

Thank you. I'll try that later.

Last edited:

This is how I did it -

Type "hard"
You should now see the top option - "Create and format hard disk partitions" - Click this - 'Disk Management' will open.
Now at the bottom left you should be able to see your optical drive (mine shows as "CD-ROM 0")
Right click on the drive - top option will be "Change Drive Letters and Paths" - click that option.
Now choose the option 'Mount in the following empty NTFS folder' and click "browse"

That's it done, anything loaded in that optical drive will now show inside the chosen folder. Now point PowerDVD to that folder instead of the drive and it should play fine.

Well, I've tested that with BD ISO (already ripped from original disc). PowerDVD 14 didn't detect Cinavia while playing that 'NTFS' folder (AnyDVD HD was not running).

Last edited:
TY-ddj

Thank You! Some of us aren't as knowledgeable as others when it comes to computer/and/or/software lingo.
I can tell a person from the South to go North and eventually you will arrive at your destination in Washington, or I could give them a map in which u just did!
so again, Congrats...

This is how I did it -

Type "hard"

Thank You! Some of us aren't as knowledgeable as others when it comes to computer/and/or/software lingo.
I can tell a person from the South to go North and eventually you will arrive at your destination in Washington, or I could give them a map in which u just did!
so again, Congrats...

Does anyone know whether Mymovies for Windows Media Center will accept pointing Virtual Clone Drive and PowerDVD 13 at an NTFS folder? I just tried it and when MyMovies tries to mount the Bluray ISO, Media Center throws an error about the MyMovies Link. I am also trying this in Windows 8. When I changed Virtual Clone Drive and PowerDVD 13 back to using a Drive letter, everything worked fine again. I thought I would tinker with this in case I should ever desire to use PDVD 14. I just want to know whether anyone had any success with MyMovies 4.06 Build 2 and this kind of setup. Sorry if this is off topic.

Thx

Does anyone know whether Mymovies for Windows Media Center will accept pointing Virtual Clone Drive and PowerDVD 13 at an NTFS folder?

Why do you want to do this?

Why do you want to do this?

I like using the Mymovies.dk application and it's my understanding that the Cinavia fix in anydvd only works if PDVD 14 is pointed at a ntfs folder with a VCD image mounted at that folder. I have PDVD 13 now and it works fine, but should I desire to upgrade to PDVD14, I wanted to if it would work for me. PDVD 13 works fine pointed at a ISO mounted to a VCD NTFS folder, but I can't get MyMovies.dk app working that way. No Loss. I saved myself some money :agree:

Back