• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD Release Whining

Status
Not open for further replies.
where is my post?

I posted a comment yesterday and it hasn't been published ? I'm wondering why?

Omg

I can´t believe.....no new news nor speculations about Slyce.

So no alpha or beta versions....

I can´t believe.....no new news nor speculations about Slyce.

So no alpha or beta versions....

To be honest it is no longer worth commenting on anymore. As someone said since Slysoft never announced a finish date it is not late. The end date is infinite. Also, unfortunately, the company has experienced two personnel losses that also may have been having an effect in the recent months. Nobody knows so anymore commenting is ridiculous now and serves no purpose. It is what it is...

To be honest it is no longer worth commenting on anymore. As someone said since Slysoft never announced a finish date it is not late. The end date is infinite. Also, unfortunately, the company has experienced two personnel losses that also may have been having an effect in the recent months. Nobody knows so anymore commenting is ridiculous now and serves no purpose. It is what it is...

Don't agree with "it is no longer worth commenting on". I've been really disappointed nothing has come out yet after so much time. I suspected some people leaving the group as the reason, probably not a very big staff to start with and when that's the case any losses hurt. I do think the lack of official commenting on the situation is pretty lame though.

Don't agree with "it is no longer worth commenting on". I've been really disappointed nothing has come out yet after so much time.

A lot of people are disappointed. I'm sure even Slysoft is disappointed that Slyce has not been released yet. But, reality is reality.

I suspected some people leaving the group as the reason, probably not a very big staff to start with and when that's the case any losses hurt.

Development is not as easy as some people think. I'm not a developer and my knowledge of programming and my programming abilities are sadly limited but I know enough to find the whole process involved with Slyce to be daunting and that's without extra hurdles being added in the process.

I do think the lack of official commenting on the situation is pretty lame though.

Lame? Not really. Why repeat what they've already said over and over and over? But, you are entitled to your opinion.

Last edited:
Im afraid that I think that the reason for peoples annoyance re Slyce is NOT the fact that Slyce is unavailable.

The annoyance is integrity.

For example, how can it be that in December 2012 it was said that the product should be released that Month, i.e. before the New Year and still not be released 2.25 Years later, April 2014.

In other words, someone was blatantly not telling the truth.

That’s been the problem all along, the problem has not been that the product is unavailable, the problem has been integrity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Slyce Release Whining

I have to agree with you. How could it have been so close to being released in the last quarter of 2012 and then fall off the face of the earth. What could possibly have happened to result in it going so wrong? I just think that Slysoft does not have the technical expertise available on Antigua to develop this program. Losing two people certainly did not help. I don't want to criticize Slysoft anymore because it is like beating a dead horse. Many people here say how hard it is to develop this program but I think that a company whose specializes in this kind of development is supposed to be an expert on the process. So, when it take so many years to develop it I have to think that maybe they need an infusion of new talent. They are probably shorthanded and have a limited talent pool to draw on. Or, they have just changed their minds and dropped it. Who knows....It is irrelevant now. There are people here who will most certainly disagree with me but neither side knows for sure what happened. But something did happen in the last quarter of 2012. The closest program that Slysoft has that is similar to Slyce is CloneDVD and that was not developed by Slysoft. ELby did that one. Slysoft did a great job on Anydvd. So Slyce is new development territory for them and they do not seem to know how to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Slyce Release Whining

No one knows how close they are to finishing development or how far into development they are so let's keep the speculation to a minimum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have to agree with you. How could it have been so close to being released in the last quarter of 2012 and then fall off the face of the earth. What could possibly have happened to result in it going so wrong? I just think that Slysoft does not have the technical expertise available on Antigua to develop this program. Losing two people certainly did not help. I don't want to criticize Slysoft anymore because it is like beating a dead horse. Many people here say how hard it is to develop this program but I think that a company whose specializes in this kind of development is supposed to be an expert on the process. So, when it take so many years to develop it I have to think that maybe they need an infusion of new talent. They are probably shorthanded and have a limited talent pool to draw on. Or, they have just changed their minds and dropped it. Who knows....It is irrelevant now. There are people here who will most certainly disagree with me but neither side knows for sure what happened. But something did happen in the last quarter of 2012. The closest program that Slysoft has that is similar to Slyce is CloneDVD and that was not developed by Slysoft. ELby did that one. Slysoft did a great job on Anydvd. So Slyce is new development territory for them and they do not seem to know how to do it.

And you base your knowledge of the developers not knowing how to code a program with what knowledge, do you know how to do it? I guess not, like you are guessing they do not know how. :disagree:

And you base your knowledge of the developers not knowing how to code a program with what knowledge, do you know how to do it? I guess not, like you are guessing they do not know how. :disagree:

Slyfox you do Slysoft no help whatsoever with comments like that, you have achieved what is known as "Rubbing Salt In The Wounds"

It does not matter whether I am guessing or not. It is just an opinion and you have no idea what my level of tech experience is. It is just an opinion and I expected a response like was given. Did not bother me. Slysoft is a company that sells a product. That is all. They are not my friend. They are having problems making their next gen program. Plain and simple. Some people will not ever say anything negative about a company. They are fans of the company. I like Slysoft's products but that does not mean I cannot be critical of some things. After all isn't this what this thread is all about. Other threads have been closed because a moderator does not like the way the comments are going. This thread is moving that way to.

Slysoft owes me nothing except a good product. They have more then met that criteria as all of their "existing" programs are outstanding. But, I can still be critical of Slyce and like the company. The company does not need anyone to defend them. If they read these threads they can respond if they want. Typically a critical post is followed by someone criticizing the poster. Then it goes back and forth. Another poster told me that Slyce was not late because officially Slysoft never gave a release date. I thought that was silly statement but so what it was his opinion. Using that as a criteria Slyce will be ready in 2114 and be right on schedule.

Last edited:
If you're talking about the locked slyce feature topic being locked, it had nothing to do with slysoft or the moderators liking of the comments. It was locked at MY REQUEST AND MINE ALONE. The topic had gone offtopic one too many times, and since I did not have any new info to share about slyce I requested the sticky I created to be locked to prevent another derailment of the topic until i had more info to share. Leave the moderator out of it. And that other poster was me as well. If no release date is given then a product cannot be late nor early. Everything else is speculation.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

If you're talking about the locked slyce feature topic being locked, it had nothing to do with slysoft or the moderators liking of the comments. It was locked at MY REQUEST AND MINE ALONE. The topic had gone offtopic one too many times, and since I did not have any new info to share about slyce I requested the sticky I created to be locked to prevent another derailment of the topic until i had more info to share. Leave the moderator out of it. And that other poster was me as well. If no release date is given then a product cannot be late nor early. Everything else is speculation.

I knew it was you but did not feel it was proper to mention your name. So you don't have to comment in caps.Every now and then I forget you are not a moderator. You have so many posts I sometimes think you are. I was in error when I implied a mod closed the thread but I still do not agree with your analogy that since Slysoft never gave a date they can not be late. In a way in the 4th qtr of 2012 they gave every indication a release was imminent. That's as close to giving a date as you can get. Everyone was ready for a Xmas gift then.

In the mini FAQ was clearly stated that anything was not to be considered final and was subject to change. It was also said it was an estimated timeframe and not a fixed date. I was a bit disappointed myself but there are currently plenty of alternatives out till slyce is released.

Feel free to mention my name to if you refer to anything i said. I can only correct you then if something is incorrect or confirm it ;-)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back