• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD Drive dead since installing AnyDVD HD

AussieColin

I'm having the problem of "No Drive Detected" mentioned in one of the sticky threads. I've been using AnyDVD HD on a Win 7 system for some time with no problems. I've just updated to Win 8 Pro on new hardware and suddenly can't run AnyDVD HD. I've tried uninstalling, restarting, installing, restarting with no success. I've tried exiting from AnyDVD HD, turning off the virus software (AVG) and then running AnyDVD HD. No success. I've tried installing the latest beta (AnyDVD (HD) 7.3.8.1 beta) with no success. I've tried clicking on "Default", exiting and restarting. No success. I've tried clicking on "Create logfile..." but there's no effect since it won't detect the drive (which I've tried both with and without a DVD in it).

Now, after writing the above and checking in "This PC" view, I'm realising that I apparently no longer HAVE a drive! And, in case you're wondering: yes - the drive DID work; I've used it to install MS Office. Or at least it did before I installed AnyDVD HD Now the Device Manager reports that "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)". It is a TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH224DB drive.

Some help would URGENTLY be appreciated!

Disable/exit AnyDVD. Does your drive show up now?

A System Information log file would help determine what might the cause of your problem. Start Menu->Slysoft->AnyDVD->AnyDVD System Information. That creates a log file you need to attach and upload to your post.

Uninstall the drive from Device manager and reboot to see if Windblows 8 will reconfigure it? :p

Now, after writing the above and checking in "This PC" view, I'm realising that I apparently no longer HAVE a drive! And, in case you're wondering: yes - the drive DID work; I've used it to install MS Office. Or at least it did before I installed AnyDVD HD Now the Device Manager reports that "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)". It is a TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH224DB drive.

Some help would URGENTLY be appreciated!

Thanks for the replies people!

1. mike20021969: Is your drive listed/checked?

No. The window you show is completely empty, and the drive does not even show in the "This PC" (="My Computer") view.

2. FurryGuy: Disable/exit AnyDVD. Does your drive show up now?

No, nor when I uninstall it entirely.

A System Information log file would help...

Hopefully this is it: View attachment AnyDVD_7.3.7.0_Info.ziplog

3. funreviews: Uninstall the drive from Device manager and reboot to see if Windblows 8 will reconfigure it?

Tried that. No joy. :-(

If you uninstalled AnyDVD and the system still won't pick it up, your problem is likely with the new OS vs your drive.

-W

If you uninstalled AnyDVD and the system still won't pick it up, your problem is likely with the new OS vs your drive.

-W

Well, I'd agree except that it worked fine before I installed AnyDVD and stopped working as soon as I did. That rather indicates that it was something that AnyDVD did in my book!

Well, I'd agree except that it worked fine before I installed AnyDVD and stopped working as soon as I did. That rather indicates that it was something that AnyDVD did in my book!

It could just be a coincidence.

Is there a Restore point prior to installing AnyDVD ? IF this is true, do this option, and check to see if your optical drive exist. If it exist, then install AnyDVD again, and start from there.

Try going into Drives > on the bottom "aggressive scan for drivestations". Maybe that will work

Is there a Restore point prior to installing AnyDVD ? IF this is true, do this option, and check to see if your optical drive exist. If it exist, then install AnyDVD again, and start from there.

I had considered that too, but I'm reluctant. Two problems -
1. the list of Restore Points does not include one that mentions AnyDVD in any way so I don't know which to use.
2.The problem is that this is a new system that I'm in the process of setting up; still installing all my old software. I'm concerned at what else I'll lose if I revert back to before installing AnyDVD the first time - it was a while before I realised what had gone wrong and I don't recall what was installed before/after it.

In retrospect, I should have created a manual Restore Point before each install. 20/20 hindsight!

I'm going to call the shop I bought it from tomorrow and talk to a tech there. They'll presumably know the drive they put in & may be able to talk me through restoring it.

Try going into Drives > on the bottom "aggressive scan for drivestations". Maybe that will work

I'm not sure what you mean by this. "Drives"? Do you mean in Device Manager? If so I can't see any such command.

I don't think the problem is Windows not finding the drive. It appears in Device Manager but only as a faulty drive. As I said in the original post, when I uninstall it just finds it again with the same error. Telling it to search for updated drivers just results in it telling me that it already has the most recent ones.
Image of Device Manager screen: AnyDVDBug02.jpg

I ment drive selection in anydvd. But seeing that TINY image that faulty drive is probably the reason why anydvd can't find it. The drivers are not correctly installed. The fact that windows doesn't properly see it IS the problem, if the drive isn't probably installed then anydvd can't access it correctly.

Ah. Just realised you mean within the AnyDVD program. It's currently uninstalled so I can't try that. I'm going go down the route of asking the shop first (tomorrow) and make sure I know how to fix the problem before I install it again. If it's AnyDVD that's doing it then I want to be sure that I can fix it if I try re-installing afterwards and the drive disappears again.

I ment drive selection in anydvd. But seeing that TINY image that faulty drive is probably the reason why anydvd can't find it. The drivers are not correctly installed. The fact that windows doesn't properly see it IS the problem, if the drive isn't probably installed then anydvd can't access it correctly.

LOL. We seem to be overlapping replies. Sorry.

However, the problem from my POV is that before I installed AnyDVD there was no problem! Windows was correctly seeing the drive and I was using it.

But seeing that TINY image ...

How do I make it larger? If you click on it you'll see that the actual image was/is larger but when I posted it using the insert image tool it seems to have shrunk it down.

Device Manager

If you right-click on the drive, you should see a list of options (e.g. update driver, properties).

Have you tried any of the available options?

Also, now that AnyDVD has been un-installed, try un-installing the problematic drive again to see if it will install again.

If you right-click on the drive, you should see a list of options (e.g. update driver, properties).

Have you tried any of the available options?

Also, now that AnyDVD has been un-installed, try un-installing the problematic drive again to see if it will install again.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'd tried those options (checking for an update & uninstalling the driver to force Windows to rediscover the drive). In each case it made no difference.

Back