• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

R.I.P.D. Not making ISO but makes "_DVD File"

rcabanding

Hello,

I was trying to clone R.I.P.D. and it doesn't make the more .iso file but it makes a "_DVD File" Does anyone know how to correct this?

Hello,

I was trying to clone R.I.P.D. and it doesn't make the more .iso file but it makes a "_DVD File" Does anyone know how to correct this?

If you are using AnyDVD and right-clicking the fox icon, choosing "Rip to Image" creates an iso. Choosing "Rip video DVD to harddisk" rips the disc to folder (DVD files).

If you are trying to use AnyDVD to create an iso from a DVD, you will get a pop-up warning you that it isn't advisable. You can use CloneDVD to create the iso from the disc with AnyDVD running, or use the "Rip to harddisk" option and use Imgburn to create the iso from the folder.

Last edited:
ImgBurn and AnyDVD's ISO option are the same.

CloneDVD isn't a 1:1 ISO, the reauthored content is simply placed into an ISO container file.

An ISO of the DVD is a mirror image of the DVD inserted into your DVD drive with AnyDVD running. If only playing it in a hardware or software player, it should work fine.

The .dvd file should be created in addition to the ISO if you have the check box selected. This will contain layer break information for dual layer DVD's.

Are you saying that you are only getting the .dvd file, and not the .iso file as well?

Also, please post a log file.

If you are using AnyDVD and right-clicking the fox icon, choosing "Rip to Image" creates an iso. Choosing "Rip video DVD to harddisk" rips the disc to folder (DVD files).

If you are trying to use AnyDVD to create an iso from a DVD, you will get a pop-up warning you that it isn't advisable. You can use CloneDVD to create the iso from the disc with AnyDVD running, or use the "Rip to harddisk" option and use Imgburn to create the iso from the folder.

Sorry I left an important part out. I normally use AnyDVD and CloneDVD together. CloneDVD doesn't seem to be making the normal ISO it makes for everything else I try and Backup. This is the first Disc that I have seen this with.

Sorry I left an important part out. I normally use AnyDVD and CloneDVD together. CloneDVD doesn't seem to be making the normal ISO it makes for everything else I try and Backup. This is the first Disc that I have seen this with.

Then you need to post an AnyDVD log.

I have the zip log but how do I post it in text format here?

It will be a ziplog, not a text. From the "Please Read Before You Post" sticky:
How to post an AnyDVD log file:
1.) Make sure AnyDVD is running.
2.) Put the problematic original movie DVD in your DVD drive. Wait for AnyDVD to scan the disc. (Please make sure you wait 10-15 minutes, some discs may take that long. If it still doesn’t work, do the following with no disc in the drive.)
3.) Right click the red fox icon on your system tray.
4.) Select "Create Logfile…"
5.) Wait for AnyDVD to create a log file.
6.) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where AnyDVD created the logfile and the logfile's name. (Typically AnyDVD will create a folder in My Documents named AnyDVD logs) Click "OK".
7.) Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Version_info_Driveletter_titleofmydisc.ziplog" (If the drive was empty, it will be called “AnyDVD_Version_info_Driveletter_EMPTY_DRIVE”).
8.) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forum, look for the icon that looks like a paperclip (next to the Smilies icon).
9.) If you don't see the paperclip icon, click the "Go Advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
10.) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forum).
11.) Click the "Browse" button, locate and select the .ziplog file you created.
12.) Click "Upload".
13.) Click “Close this window”. The .zip file should be attached for us to look at.

You could try updating to the latest beta at the top of the forum and see if that works

R.I.P.D. -to get good backup

The only way I could get a good backup of this disc was to:

Using AnyDVD - choose RIP to Image (creates 7.3GB file)
Wait until finished
Insert DVD-R DL (Dual Layer Disc)
Start up CloneDVD
Choose Write Existing Data from CloneDVD
Choose the .ISO file created with AnyDVD

Played perfectly with no menu issues, hesitation during playback, etc. If I used CloneDVD any other way, like to RIP to .ISO and it created a single-layer .ISO or if it was copied to a single-layer disc the disc would have issues during playback. Player is a Blu-Ray player, the disc created is DVD format.

(BTW, had to do the same thing with Thor...)

The only way I could get a good backup of this disc was to:

Using AnyDVD - choose RIP to Image (creates 7.3GB file)
Wait until finished
Insert DVD-R DL (Dual Layer Disc)
Start up CloneDVD
Choose Write Existing Data from CloneDVD
Choose the .ISO file created with AnyDVD

Played perfectly with no menu issues, hesitation during playback, etc. If I used CloneDVD any other way, like to RIP to .ISO and it created a single-layer .ISO or if it was copied to a single-layer disc the disc would have issues during playback. Player is a Blu-Ray player, the disc created is DVD format.

(BTW, had to do the same thing with Thor...)

You never tried "rip to harddisk" (folder) then. ??
-W

Tried that to a single-layer disc, but that didn't work, either. Something about going from DL to Single. Ran into the same problem with Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. Used AnyDVD to RIP to .ISO, then used CloneDVD to do full backup from .ISO to Dual Layer disc.

I'm checking the copy of Pacific Rim using the same technique because I had the same issue with that one going to Single Layer.

Tried that to a single-layer disc, but that didn't work, either. Something about going from DL to Single. Ran into the same problem with Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. Used AnyDVD to RIP to .ISO, then used CloneDVD to do full backup from .ISO to Dual Layer disc.

I'm checking the copy of Pacific Rim using the same technique because I had the same issue with that one going to Single Layer.

James has said over and over and over, do not "Rip to Image" with DVDs, especially ones with structural protection, but still you are doing it and telling others to do it also. If you want to rip to image, and even save a step, just use CloneDVD. That pop-up warning message isn't there just to give the developers something to do.

Back