• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Now You See Me backup blu ray

that oversized jar subfolder IS the copy protection, sort of. Since that folder is present on the disc, and you can't actually remove files from a pressed disc, anydvd can't remove them. They need to be manually removed after ripping. They're nothing but unreferenced virtual dummy files with the sole intent of making the disc too big to burn back to disc if ripped. Technically they don't 'exist'. The files don't become 'real' until you rip the disc to folder structure. Same behavior as a 3D disc.

restore the jar folder, delete ONLY the 06000 folder and the disc will play just fine.

OK, that did the trick.

Thanks

that oversized jar subfolder IS the copy protection, sort of. Since that folder is present on the disc, and you can't actually remove files from a pressed disc, anydvd can't remove them.

Well, not really. The copy protection has already been removed by AnyDVD. That folder thing is nothing more than a stupid prank and yes, of course AnyDVD could remove them - pressed disc or not.
But since these folders have no negative effect on playback or 1:1 ISOs and for those making folder copies can be easily deleted, we decided to leave it that way.

Now, that this file space cloning is being done with every ScreenPass disc, I suppose, we'll add an automatic removal...

Now, that this file space cloning is being done with every ScreenPass disc, I suppose, we'll add an automatic removal...

Now THAT is what I wanted to hear, when ripping to folder method the back-up is under 50gb or 25gb and ready to burn with Imgburn. :clap:

If not an automatic function (space cloning) then a DEFAULT setting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, Peer, for the tip about this movie!!

I had noticed that BD-Rebuilder was having issues with this movie, then I decided to check out the Slysoft Forum, and you stated what the problem was, and the solution as well.

:clap:

fix the "cross" referencing, i don't know but unreferenced well that's easy. They aint referenced anywhere (as in unneeded for disc playback) and the fix is easy. Delete them. What to look for i don't know but the folks at slysoft obviously do :)
I think he meant "crosslinking", as in two different files linked to the same disc data -- a blatant error in FAT-style file formats (once two FAT chains point to the same location they're stuck together till EOF), but not in UDF 2.5 (i.e., .m2ts & .ssif on 3D discs). The dummy files are probably linked to various pieces of data so HDD rips (and pseudo-ISO rips, like DVDFab used to do) will copy them as additional files.

The fix, for AnyDVD HD, would be to scan UDF file structures for crosslinked files, skip those that *should* be crosslinked (.m2ts/.ssif) and any good data, then hide the dummy files completely (NOT just rename them).

Now You See Me

I had an issue when backing up Now You See Me, I removed the jar folder and all its content to shrink it down and got it burned on to 3 different bd-r's with the same result. all trailers, deleted scenes and extra's all work, except for the movie itself. it doesn't play either as extended or theatrical version? what could be the issue here? I already have wasted 3 bd-r disc's. the movie is on the disc it just wont start. I also tried starting the movie from 1 of the chapters and still nothing.

Thanks,
Vince

I had an issue when backing up Now You See Me, I removed the jar folder and all its content to shrink it down and got it burned on to 3 different bd-r's with the same result. all trailers, deleted scenes and extra's all work, except for the movie itself. it doesn't play either as extended or theatrical version? what could be the issue here? I already have wasted 3 bd-r disc's. the movie is on the disc it just wont start. I also tried starting the movie from 1 of the chapters and still nothing.

What player are you using? If you have deleted the complete JAR folder then most likely that is what will be causing the issue.
You shouldn't have to touch the JAR folder, since AnyDVD now automatically deletes any of the unnecessary files from the disc.

I was just following what was written up here, Just delete the directory of /BDMV/JAR/06000 along with its content. Its only purpose is to make copies too large to fit. I just went to the jar folder and only deleted 06000 folder that's all. wont play on ps3 or pc

all extra's, deleted scenes play, once u click to play movie either extended or theatrical version the movie doesn't start? I tried just selecting chapter but still wont play, it just stays stuck on a black screen

all extra's, deleted scenes play, once u click to play movie either extended or theatrical version the movie doesn't start? I tried just selecting chapter but still wont play, it just stays stuck on a black screen

Did the original disc play correctly on your PC, before ripping it?

yes the original plays fine on both ps3 and pc, I just created a log file but how do I open the logfile? its format is .ziplog?

you don't. Simply attach the logfile to a reply. That's all you need to do

Now You See Me logfile

here is the logfile which I was having issues with the playback through either PS3 and PC after doing a rip to hard disc then using image burn to burn onto disc

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.3.9.0_Info_D_NOW_YOU_SEE_ME.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
I was just following what was written up here, Just delete the directory of /BDMV/JAR/06000 along with its content. Its only purpose is to make copies too large to fit. I just went to the jar folder and only deleted 06000 folder that's all. wont play on ps3 or pc

The latest versions of AnyDVD should already be removing that folder, didn't that work for you?
Otherwise, I'm assuming, you really did remove something else, which would account for a non-working copy.

Also: why did you rip to folder and then use imgburn to create an ISO?
AnyDVD can already rip directly to ISO, so there's no point.

unless the rip was done with a version before anydvd had that capability

Back