• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Now You See Me backup blu ray

handyart

When using AnydvdHD ripper to backup "Now You See Me" to my hard Drive, the folder has a total of 78 gb vs 46 gb on the disc. Whats happening? Using version 7.3.6.0

create an ISO instead. There are probably some junk JAR files which can be deleted. Post your AnyDVD log file for more details.

When using AnydvdHD ripper to backup "Now You See Me" to my hard Drive, the folder has a total of 78 gb vs 46 gb on the disc. Whats happening? Using version 7.3.6.0

Just delete the directory of /BDMV/JAR/06000 along with its content. Its only purpose is to make copies too large to fit.
Generally you should always copy to ISO, then you don't run into this.

Removed the Jar folder after running Anydvdhd. Then tried to backup using BD Rebuilder. Burned to BD-25 but disc would not play.

Removed the Jar folder after running Anydvdhd. Then tried to backup using BD Rebuilder. Burned to BD-25 but disc would not play.

Which folder exactly did you remove? The complete JAR folder?

yup only that 06000 folder needed to be removed, if he still has the jar folder in the recycle bin he could just restore it and then delete ONLY the 06000 folder

yup only that 06000 folder needed to be removed, if he still has the jar folder in the recycle bin he could just restore it and then delete ONLY the 06000 folder

OK, I can do that. You don't think there's some new copy protection not covered by the latest version of AnyDVD HD?

that oversized jar subfolder IS the copy protection, sort of. Since that folder is present on the disc, and you can't actually remove files from a pressed disc, anydvd can't remove them. They need to be manually removed after ripping. They're nothing but unreferenced virtual dummy files with the sole intent of making the disc too big to burn back to disc if ripped. Technically they don't 'exist'. The files don't become 'real' until you rip the disc to folder structure. Same behavior as a 3D disc.

restore the jar folder, delete ONLY the 06000 folder and the disc will play just fine.

OK, I can do that. You don't think there's some new copy protection not covered by the latest version of AnyDVD HD?

No. As said before, rip to ISO, not folder.

No. As said before, rip to ISO, not folder.
I doubt ripping straight to ISO will help the OP use BDRB to shrink it to a BD25 disc; the crosslinked files will still be in the ISO, and I assume BDRB will still try to copy them (without crosslinks) to the BD-R. :doh: IMO Ch3vr0n's last response is more appropriate.

Is the JAR subfolder to be removed ALWAYS numbered 06000 when the gb is over the physical limit of the source disk when doing a folder back-up?:)

Last edited by a moderator:
nope, it depends on the disc. Think a while back it was the "55555" folder or something

that's where the logfiles come in. Peer said in this case it was the 06000 folder, on the other case one of the slysoft folks it was 55555 folder. Obviously there's something in the logfile that tells them 'hey i'm an unreferenced folder filled with crap for no reason, please delete me' which in turn they can then let the user know.

I doubt ripping straight to ISO will help the OP use BDRB to shrink it to a BD25 disc; the crosslinked files will still be in the ISO, and I assume BDRB will still try to copy them (without crosslinks) to the BD-R. :doh: IMO Ch3vr0n's last response is more appropriate.

That's also correct. BDRB will see the crossreferenced files and will error out with "source is too big for target" and will not be able to shrink unless that folder is removed first.

that's where the logfiles come in. Peer said in this case it was the 06000 folder, on the other case one of the slysoft folks it was 55555 folder. Obviously there's something in the logfile that tells them 'hey i'm an unreferenced folder filled with crap for no reason, please delete me' which in turn they can then let the user know.

And, where does one sign-up for school to learn how to do this?
OR
Use the SWAG engineering method to remove the cross-referenced files/unreferenced folder to bring the back-up folder under 50GB or 25GB?

Last edited by a moderator:
fix the "cross" referencing, i don't know but unreferenced well that's easy. They aint referenced anywhere (as in unneeded for disc playback) and the fix is easy. Delete them. What to look for i don't know but the folks at slysoft obviously do :)

Then, how does one know which JAR sub-folder to remove

I think it's as simple as looking for the folder with multiple large .bin files, all of which are the same file size (usually around 1GB each).
Once you find it, then delete that folder (There should only be one folder like it)

The logfile contains a list of files from the disc, so Slysoft can see which folder it is by looking at the list.

Back