• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Enable/disable speedmenu independently per drive

paulbert

I would like to request a feature enhancement that allows the ability to enable/disable speedmenu separately per drive (enable anyDVD on two drives but only enable speedmenu on one of the two drives)

The use case is when when you use one physical drive for ripping and a second virtual drive for playback (using virtual clone drive). I would like to only enable speed menu on the playback drive, not the ripping drive, so the images ripped to the hard drive are unaltered.

The speedmenu feature is awesome, but there are cases where it can cause problems (for example TV series where the speedmenu does not indicate the episode titles or numbers, or scenarios where you lose access to special features).

On the rare occasions where speedmenu causes problems, if the ripped image was not altered, I could simply disable speedmenu on the playback drive to get through that one movie or TV series, without the need to re-rip that movie.

Thank you

The speedmenu feature is awesome, but there are cases where it can cause problems (for example TV series where the speedmenu does not indicate the episode titles or numbers, or scenarios where you lose access to special features).

Just FYI, you can setup speedmenu to keep the original menu.

op can also enable speedmenu in anydvd, start playback from his "playback drive" in his playback software and then simply disable speedmenu again and start ripping from his "ripping drive" can't he?

op can also enable speedmenu in anydvd, start playback from his "playback drive" in his playback software and then simply disable speedmenu again and start ripping from his "ripping drive" can't he?

No, he cannot. But the other way around works. Disabling, start ripping, enabling, watching while ripping.

Knew it was something like that. Just wasn't sure which way around.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Thank you James and Ch3vr0n for the replies, that was helpful and much appreciated.

Enhancement request: Enable/disable speedmenu independently per drive

Ok I would like to make this a formal request for enhancement. For the following three Blu-ray features, it would be great to have the option to enable/disable them on a per drive basis rather than globally.

Speedmenu
Remove prohibited user operations
Remove annoying adverts and trailers

The motivation as discussed above is for users that employ one physical drive for ripping and a second virtual drive for playback. This would allow the user to rip disks unmodified and then enable these three features only on the playback drive so you still have access to the original content when needed (by temporarily disabling these features on the playback drive) without the need to re-rip the disk.

The fact that speedmenu now provides the option to retain the original menus as James mentioned is very useful and I will utilize it - thank you for pointing this out! Though I would still like to have the peace of mind that the ripped copy matches the original and that changes to the DVD menus are only performed on the playback drive.

The fact that you can change these settings while a rip is in progress is also useful to know - thank you for pointing this out as well! The option to enable/disable these features on a per drive basis is still useful. Changing the settings every time you switch between ripping and playback is inconvenient. Even more so inconvenient for folks that do all their ripping and playback within media-center as changing AnyDVD settings requires using a mouse.

BTW, these 3 features are awesome - hats off to Slysoft for implementing them - I am a huge fan!

Ok I would like to make this a formal request for enhancement. For the following three Blu-ray features, it would be great to have the option to enable/disable them on a per drive basis rather than globally.
Another hint: You can rip and keep the protection. This will pretty much do what you want. You get 100% unaltered isos.

OK- I'LL BITE and be the first to ask...

No, he cannot. But the other way around works. Disabling, start ripping, enabling, watching while ripping.

I follow as:
Disabling- Enable blu-ray support <Unchecked>
Start Ripping- Rip video OR Rip to image
Enabling- Go back and <Check> Enable blu-ray support (immediately after ripping begins)
Watching while ripping- Please explain, this is a new one on me...

Trying to learn ALL the in's and out's of AnyDVD HD I may not be aware of :doh: THANKS

I follow as:
Disabling- Enable blu-ray support <Unchecked>
Start Ripping- Rip video OR Rip to image
Enabling- Go back and <Check> Enable blu-ray support (immediately after ripping begins)
Watching while ripping- Please explain, this is a new one on me...

Trying to learn ALL the in's and out's of AnyDVD HD I may not be aware of :doh: THANKS

No. You set your desired settings for ripping (no, don't disable Blu-ray support!), start ripping. While ripping, you can change AnyDVD settings (enable speedmenu, to stay on topic). The rip in progress will be unaffected.

Back