• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Logfile- Road To Perdition

idaho

This is only the second blu-ray DVD I have that would not rip. Strangely, the other was also a Hanks video.
Attaching the logfile. Anything indicate what the problem is?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.3.5.0_Info_D_ROAD_TO_PERDITION.ziplog
    218.4 KB · Views: 7
When you try to rip, are you getting an error message at all?

I noticed the following from the logfile -
"Warning, OPD error: unknown error sending request!"

It seems like AnyDVD might be having trouble connecting to the internet, this could be causing the problem.
Check that your Antivirus/firewall is not preventing AnyDVD from accessing the internet.

When you try to rip, are you getting an error message at all?

I noticed the following from the logfile -
"Warning, OPD error: unknown error sending request!"

It seems like AnyDVD might be having trouble connecting to the internet, this could be causing the problem.
Check that your Antivirus/firewall is not preventing AnyDVD from accessing the internet.

I don't see the reason why it would need to connect, since AACS is already taken care off.
To original poster do wait for slysoft team member and they will advise what to do if anything is required from your end. In the mean time can you play the disc with anydvd running or not.

Connect to internet

This computer is not connected to the internet. In the past anytime iANY DVD needed to connect, it advised me and I strung the 60' of cable to temporarily connect... then it proceeded fine. On all three of these tries, none asked for the internet connection and all (including one IMG BURN) stalled/defaulted at 18-20%.

This computer is not connected to the internet. In the past anytime iANY DVD needed to connect, it advised me and I strung the 60' of cable to temporarily connect... then it proceeded fine. On all three of these tries, none asked for the internet connection and all (including one IMG BURN) stalled/defaulted at 18-20%.

AnyDVD doesn't need the internet for this disc - that failed attempt is just a routine connection (checks to see if it's possibly a ScreenPass protection that it failed to detect) and the failure is not an issue (that's why it's a warning only).

18-20% read error: simply a bad disc (or both disc and drive aren't 100% which can also add up to a failure to read).

That disc has no protection (other than AACS).

Confirms my suspicions

AnyDVD doesn't need the internet for this disc - that failed attempt is just a routine connection (checks to see if it's possibly a ScreenPass protection that it failed to detect) and the failure is not an issue (that's why it's a warning only).

18-20% read error: simply a bad disc (or both disc and drive aren't 100% which can also add up to a failure to read).

That disc has no protection (other than AACS).

Thanks GUYS, that was kind of what I was thinking!
APPRECIATE:clap:

Thanks for the info/explanation 8)

Fyi

Road to Perdition and Saving Private Ryan (both of which refused to rip earlier) were successful with a new disc of each. Apparently, there are plenty of blu-rays out there that LOOK good when examining them but have problems imbedded. :agree:

Road to Perdition and Saving Private Ryan (both of which refused to rip earlier) were successful with a new disc of each. Apparently, there are plenty of blu-rays out there that LOOK good when examining them but have problems imbedded. :agree:

Also commonly known as defective disc

Did you try cleaning the discs, as a some discs may have a thin film of oil from the manufacturing process which you can't see.

Did you try cleaning the discs, as a some discs may have a thin film of oil from the manufacturing process which you can't see.

:rock: Always.. A friend, into computers many years and associated with a video rental store, used the Original Armor-All spray to clean and apparently surface fill scratches (rub in with finger; to clean and then polish dry with tissue). I have no idea where he came up with it, but I have found that it does make many DVD's readable that were not prior.

Back