• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Speedmenu as of current date

"protection intact"?

When you create ISO images for the purpose of playing them on a PC with AnyDVD running, you should ALWAYS create ISOs with the protection intact (this also implies not adding Speedmenus).
Later, when you mount the ISO, AnyDVD will do its thing and THEN you can have it add speedmenus or whatever miraculous modifications you want.

This way the ISO will always represent "the original" disc. Once you've removed the protection and modified stuff, you've gone down a one way street, what's done is done.

Also, AnyDVD doesn't work well with double application of speed menus (once during ISO generation and then once again when mounting). This can have unpredictable results.

So best either:

- create protected ISOs and use AnyDVD while playing them
- create unprotected and modified ISOs, but best turn AnyDVD off while using them.

The first option is always preferable (also for other reasons not mentioned here).

I admittedly am 'dumber than a sack of hammers' in interpreting this... PLEASE indulge me and explain what 'protection intact' means. With nothing specifically using those words, I would guess setting the blu-ray selections in this manner (below) would leave 'protection intact' as you state; inasmuch as nothing is removed?

Capture.JPG

Thanks muchly :bowdown:

I admittedly am 'dumber than a sack of hammers' in interpreting this... PLEASE indulge me and explain what 'protection intact' means. With nothing specifically using those words, I would guess setting the blu-ray selections in this manner (below) would leave 'protection intact' as you state; inasmuch as nothing is removed?

View attachment 23399

Thanks muchly :bowdown:

No, that's not what was meant. Those settings would still remove THE most basic protection: the AACS encryption.
Protection intact means: choose "Rip to image" and there check the box "Keep protection".
That will basically result in a simple 1:1 copy with totally unaltered data.

"Got it now"

No, that's not what was meant. Those settings would still remove THE most basic protection: the AACS encryption.
Protection intact means: choose "Rip to image" and there check the box "Keep protection".
That will basically result in a simple 1:1 copy with totally unaltered data.

Thank You, Sir! :rock:

When you create ISO images for the purpose of playing them on a PC with AnyDVD running, you should ALWAYS create ISOs with the protection intact (this also implies not adding Speedmenus).
Later, when you mount the ISO, AnyDVD will do its thing and THEN you can have it add speedmenus or whatever miraculous modifications you want.

This way the ISO will always represent "the original" disc. Once you've removed the protection and modified stuff, you've gone down a one way street, what's done is done.

Also, AnyDVD doesn't work well with double application of speed menus (once during ISO generation and then once again when mounting). This can have unpredictable results.

So best either:

- create protected ISOs and use AnyDVD while playing them
- create unprotected and modified ISOs, but best turn AnyDVD off while using them.

The first option is always preferable (also for other reasons not mentioned here).

Thanks for all the clarification. I backup my movies for play on devices other than computers so I need to remove the protection. I only play the .ISO on the computer to test things out, and most of the time that is from the disc before the backup, but sometimes I test the backed up .ISO out too.

Thanks for all the clarification. I backup my movies for play on devices other than computers so I need to remove the protection. I only play the .ISO on the computer to test things out, and most of the time that is from the disc before the backup, but sometimes I test the backed up .ISO out too.
In that case, before mounting the ISO for testing you'll have to either (a) uncheck the VCD drive in Drives > Selection, (b) disable Speedmenu, or (c) disable AnyDVD HD. Otherwise, even if you don't get an error message you'll likely end up with two Speedmenus (the first generated after mounting, the second from your rip) and will have to select the original menu twice (once in each Speedmenu) to get to it.

Do the Speed Menus Allow you to Pick/Select The Audio Track Before a Movie Starts?

I cant' find anything on the site that explains the Speed Menus and their functions.

Do the Speed Menus Allow you to Pick/Select The Audio Track Before a Movie Starts?

Occasionaly, When I Backup a Blu-ray movie I like to keep all the Sountracks; on some I retain 2; on some titles just the DTS Master Audio.

I have not used the speed menu feature for several months; because it was a little problematic for me.

I Backup my movies with Aiseesoft Blu-Ray Copy v. 7.0.10.0 and burn to Melody BD25s (INFOMER40) Discs always with good results, but that has been for several months without the ANYDVD HD Speed Menus enabled. LG WH12LS38; LG WH14NS40 drives.

I play back BD movie discs on 3D Blu-Ray players: Sony BDP-S5100 & OREI BDP-M2.

Thanks

Last edited:
no, they don't allow you to configure any kind of audio/subtitle preference, if you want to swap audio/subtitle you need to either tick the box that sais "keep original menu" (that way the speedmenu will have an entry to go back to the original menu where possible to pick language preferences) or swap them on your remote

The only thing speedmenu does is create a very simplistic menu with the video titles based on the mpls files. You select the title, it starts playing. That's it. Nothin else

how you burn or play them is irrelevant as the speedmenu is created on-the-fly during ripping

I just played the Godfather 1 using speed menu to start the movie. I realized forced subs were not being displayed, so I stopped the movie, and re-started from original menu. Just like that the forced subs show up.

Is this typical with speedmenus?

I just played the Godfather 1 using speed menu to start the movie. I realized forced subs were not being displayed, so I stopped the movie, and re-started from original menu. Just like that the forced subs show up.

Yes, this is typical with some discs, the original menu is needed to pass the correct forced subtitle to the player.

So is there any real advantage to speed menu a side from instant launch?

I added the feature to my rips (starting a new library) as kind of a safety net for the future should something change with full .ISOs.

For me I'd rather wait for the original menu to load and know things will work like the original disk.

Am I missing something ?

Not really. Can't you select the correct subtitle stream using the "subtitle" button on your remote?

So is there any real advantage to speed menu a side from instant launch?
Am I missing something ?

Some players can't play discs with Java menu's so the Speedmenu makes all discs playable on those players.

Like James said, the forced subtitles will always still be there, it just has to be manually selected on some discs.

Speedmenu is not going to be ideal for all situations, for example if you want to play special features or a particular TV episode, its not going to be as easy/intuitive as using the original menu.

I can select the subs using the remote, and I did just that while experimenting with Godfather 1. However I had missed some of the movie by then, because I didn't even think about forced subs.

And the problem for me is identifying those movies with forced subs.

I like the idea of having the speed menu. Something tells me it could be a fail safe for a player in the future, but that's just a wild guess.

Decisions decisions......

Back