• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Keep getting error messages

Clsmooth391

I am getting the error message:

Update request denied, please check your license and contact SlySoft support!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

I am using AnydvdHD 7.1.6.0 as this is the last version I have as my updates ran out on 7th September.

I have tried 3 blu-rays and it's happening on all of them.

I have attached the log file.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.1.6.0_Info_F_THE_GREAT_GATSBY.zip
    310.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I am getting the error message:

Update request denied, please check your license and contact SlySoft support!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

I am using AnydvdHD 7.1.6.0 as this is the last version I have as my updates ran out on 7th September.

I have tried 3 blu-rays and it's happening on all of them.

I have attached the log file.

Thanks in advance.

Your AnyDVD HD license has expired. Please renew it, to continue receiving updates. Thank you.

Your AnyDVD HD license has expired. Please renew it, to continue receiving updates. Thank you.

Not sure exactly how the AnyDVD license works but I assume he would be allowed to upgrade to version 7.3.2.0, which would be the last version available before the license expired? Maybe that version would at least fix some discs? (7.1.6.0 seems quite old)

Unfortunately I don't believe Slysoft have links to older versions, perhaps you could contact them and maybe they would supply you with that version (if the license would allow an upgrade to 7.3.2.0)

Although with the nature of this software it would be a smart move to renew, so you pretty much guarantee it will work with these discs.

What i know of how the updates work, then its on a countdown basis. If you pay for 1 year of updates, then when you activate AnyDVD HD with your license, a countdown begins. When it then reaches zero exactly one year later, updating is no longer possible.
For me that is not realy an issue, since i have lifetime updates, so i don't have to run in to that problem.
So yah, he unfortunatly has to purchace a new license to get it working again, because his license is no longer valid.

What i know of how the updates work, then its on a countdown basis. If you pay for 1 year of updates, then when you activate AnyDVD HD with your license, a countdown begins. When it then reaches zero exactly one year later, updating is no longer possible.
For me that is not realy an issue, since i have lifetime updates, so i don't have to run in to that problem.
So yah, he unfortunatly has to purchace a new license to get it working again, because his license is no longer valid.

That may well be the case, although on the Slysoft purchase page it does say -

"If you choose not to renew, you may continue to use product versions released before your license expired."

I assumed this meant that the OP could update to 7.3.2.0, as long as it was released prior to the license expiring?

Last edited:
That may well be the case, although on the Slysoft purchase page it does say -

"If you choose not to renew, you may continue to use product versions released before your license expired."

I assumed this meant that the OP could update to 7.3.2.0, as long as it was released prior to the license expiring?
Version updates are not done through routine disc scanning; you must download new versions and install them. The message the OP's getting seems to be related to an online update, not a version update; though this disc does not have anything that normally would require OPD access (generally BD+), as old as 7.1.6.0 is (released in March) it could easily be trying to download MKB updates from SlySoft.

It's almost certain that the license validation code prevents any new update from being installed after expiration, even version updates released prior to expiration (i.e., 7.3.2.0 & earlier). Any other expiration mechanism requires coding complexity (i.e., release dates embedded in each version) that would go against SlySoft's "KISS" mantra which helps make AnyDVD work so well.

In any event, James gave the only reasonable answer to this issue: The OP needs to renew his AnyDVD HD license. ;)

Bottom line

In any event, James gave the only reasonable answer to this issue: The OP needs to renew his AnyDVD HD license. ;)

In short: why should expired keys get the same access as that paid for by up-to-data users?
What is to misunderstand?

Last edited:

I never said updating to 7.3.2.0 would fix this issue, I said it may fix some other discs the OP has, surely 7.3.2.0 has a better chance of working on more discs than 7.1.6.0 and less likely to need any updates/fixes?

In short: why should expired keys get the same access as that paid for my up-to-data users?
What is to misunderstand?

So the OP has a license until September, but because it has now run out he can't update past a version released in March?
It sounds pretty easy to me to misunderstand, especially when the renewal page states you can still use versions released prior to expiry.

It maybe be better to change the wording to -
"If you choose not to renew, you may continue to use product versions installed before your license expired."

Not trying to argue, but I can't be the only one that read it that way? :p

Some great features (like the new Cinavia player fix) have been added between those versions, and it seems a shame that the OP won't be able to use them, even though he would of been entitled to if he had installed those versions prior to the license expiry.

Edit - Out of interest, what would happen if the OP did get the 7.3.2.0 update file and tried to install it?

Last edited:
Moot

I never said updating to 7.3.2.0 would fix this issue, I said it may fix some other discs the OP has, surely 7.3.2.0 has a better chance of working on more discs than 7.1.6.0 and less likely to need any updates/fixes?

Yes, 7320 might have worked, but we certainly can't screen what might be fixed and what won't be. That is not a totally linear I think.
He bought for ONE YEAR in 2012 and now I see he has the lifetime renewal. If he could not use after the March update then something
is indeed wrong.

This of course makes this a moot point now and he is entitled to full access and support.

Last edited:
Yes, 7320 might have worked, but we certainly can't screen what might be fixed and what won't be. That is not a totally linear I think.
He bought for ONE YEAR in 2012 and now I see he has the lifetime renewal.
This of course makes this a moot point now and he is entitled to full access and support.

Yes, its a moot point now, but would the OP have been entitled/able to install/use 7.3.2.0 after the license expired?
This is really just a question to clear up my curiosity on the issue and for future reference 8)

Sure, but not the fix

Yes, its a moot point now, but would the OP have been entitled/able to install/use 7.3.2.0 after the license expired?
This is really just a question to clear up my curiosity on the issue and for future reference 8)

7.3.2.0 2013 09 02 release date was some days before the expiry date. He should have been able to use that but I doubt this would have addressed the disc at hand.

Would be nice to know

Theoretically, yes. 7320 should have installed.
I've given URLs to older AnyDVD versions and did not run into this problem yet after a user tried to use the latest and had to "go back".
I too would like to know if once tried that AnyDVD will not allow versions up to the expiry date.

Theoretically, yes. 7320 should have installed.
I've given URLs to older AnyDVD versions and did not run into this problem yet after a user tried to use the latest and had to "go back".
I too would like to know if once tried that AnyDVD will not allow versions up to the expiry date.
Yes, but the question is whether or not an update can be installed after the expiry date even though it was created before expiry. That would require AnyDVD to check the installer's creation date (instead of current date) against license expiry, which I previously suggested would require additional installer complexity seemingly incongruent with the KISS concept. (Obviously, you're more likely to know if that's true than I am. :bowdown: )

Also, the fact that the message appeared in a scan status window (not when installing a version update) suggests something other than a version update was afoot. In any event, the license renewal should have fixed his issue.

Back