• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anyone try backing up "This is the End"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alphamale

First time I've ever had Cinevia ruin my backup. What's the solution?

Look. READ, then post

First time I've ever had Cinevia ruin my backup. What's the solution?

There is enough about cinavia on the Forum to keep you entertained for a log time.

In short:

This is a well-known problem.
This Cinavia process is imbedded on many discs now and in many hardware AND software players since 2/2012 when it was required by law.
It is a copy playback blocker.

This has nothing to do with preventing making the copy. We get a lot of queries about the playback blocking of DVD / BD copies caused by Cinavia.

As of August 2013 AnyDVD since version 73xx will prevent all recognized software players from triggering on Cinvavia so play on the PC is possible.
This is NOT the same as for a copy playing somewhere else. The Cinavia is not removed but we stop the players from triggering it

You can read all about Cinaviahere:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=48789

Since this does not prevent the copy we do not see this as a real protection as such.
We are getting close now to defeating this blocking element and will most likely address this in our new Blu-Ray product Slyce in the second half of 2013.

The easiest solution for the "Cinavia problem" is to use a player which *cannot* play retail Blu-ray discs.
There are some media players which even support full blown Blu-ray menus, like the Netgear NTV550 (not tested myself).
No retail Blu-ray playback = no AACS license required = no Cinavia.
If you can live without full menus, there are many very good and very cheap media players available.

IMHO recording to Blu-ray media is extremely painful anyway. Expensive, slow, unreliable.

A hard disk as a backup media is cheap & fast.

Since this an INFO thread we'll close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back