• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Iron Man 3

quick update: i've updated and reupdated AnyDVD. i've defaulted settings. i've checked the region setting on all DVD drives, altering the setting on one drive. i've played with keeping/discarding various audio streams when ripping. i've done everything suggested in this thread and a thing or two more. and i've experienced complete and total failure at every step, on both PCs, no matter what i do. anyone out there got a bolt from the blue?? i'm going to have to return the disc to the owner tonight; he hasn't even watched it yet.

You haven't done the basic steps:
1) You still haven't supplied an AnyDVD log.
2) With all AnyDVD settings set to Default, rip the disc with AnyDVD. Play the VIDEO_TS.ifo file with MediaPlayer Classic. Does it play correctly?

You haven't done the basic steps:
1) You still haven't supplied an AnyDVD log.

????

Dude, what are you talking about? He posted not one but two AnyDVD log files.

Slie, if you run AnyDVD (fox icon appears in system tray at bottom right), and then run VLC player with the original DVD in your drive, can you open and then play the movie with sound?

If that works, then making an ISO using either AnyDVD or ImgBurn should create a disc image that is identical to the way your computer sees the original DVD along with AnyDVD running. If you then burn or mount that ISO, that should also have sound. If you back up DVD's by burning them to blanks, the 1:1 ISO option is the best method to do that, providing you are OK with using dual layer blanks for dual layer originals. Since your ISO image (burned or on a hard drive) is identical to the original DVD with AnyDVD running, you can always use that ISO to reauthor later (for example with CloneDVD) if you need to.

Anyway, if I were troubleshooting this problem, I would check to see if sound plays on the original DVD with AnyDVD running. Then I would make a 1:1 ISO (use AnyDVD's "Rip to image" option, or use ImgBurn) and either burn or mount it, and see if sound plays on that. I suggest trying both of those things then post back. If sound works for both of those options, then something must be happening that is unique to your setup, which affects AnyDVD's reauthoring when you use "Rip to folder".

Same bat Channel, same Bat problem.

LOL - Fair enough. US region, DVD format. :)

Please forgive me since I posted a similar question in another forum. I am currently at Beta version 7.3.5.1 with my hardware locked to Region 1 ( been that way since 2010 ) and still can not get a rip in IRON MAN 3 to play via Boxee. It works fine on the computer but not throwing it to the teley. I have used ANYDVD to make over a thousand copies of my movies and the Latest Star Trek and Iron Man 3 have kicked my butt. One point is ANYDVD seems to understand I'm locked region1 as it appears to believe I'm in Region 0. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Folks !

Glenn
and again I hope I didn't offend with the extra post, just I saw a similar problem and thought he might have found a fix.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.3.5.1_Info_D_IRON_MAN_3.ziplog
    661.6 KB · Views: 7
Please forgive me since I posted a similar question in another forum. I am currently at Beta version 7.3.5.1 with my hardware locked to Region 1 ( been that way since 2010 ) and still can not get a rip in IRON MAN 3 to play via Boxee. It works fine on the computer but not throwing it to the teley. I have used ANYDVD to make over a thousand copies of my movies and the Latest Star Trek and Iron Man 3 have kicked my butt. One point is ANYDVD seems to understand I'm locked region1 as it appears to believe I'm in Region 0. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Folks !

Glenn
and again I hope I didn't offend with the extra post, just I saw a similar problem and thought he might have found a fix.

You said that your drive says Region 0, but AnyDVD says region 1? Please take a look at this link, especially section 13b.

I hope that this'll help you get to the bottom of your issue.

You said that your drive says Region 0, but AnyDVD says region 1? Please take a look at this link, especially section 13b.

I hope that this'll help you get to the bottom of your issue.

Thank you..I did solve the region problem. I wasn't shutting down AnyDvd completely when setting the region on the DVD. I still have the problem of the movie not plying. It might be a Boxee Box problem, but this is the only movie out of a thousand thand don't play :-( and it doesn't play on my friends either. I am using the default settings of Anydvd and it seem to play fine windows media player...It does have me stumped though. Thanks gain !

Glenn

Finally...

Well just an update...I finally got Iron man 3 to play. The only solution I found was to use anydvd and rip a complete copy using Imgburn. The file was about 8Gb but played nicely. Never did get CloneDvd with Anydvd to work. Not sure what the problem is or was.

Thanks folks !

Glenn

Thanks Folks !

Glenn

I'm having the same issue (Monsters University, Star trek, and now Iron Man 3). I put my backups on my network drive as an ISO from Clone DVD 2 and watch them with my BoxeeBox... until now that is :(

I'm now working with a Handbrake doing a MKV version. We will see if that works. I have tried Clone DVD 2 every way but naked and upside down (not recommended). Next I will try the ImgBurn.

Is there an issue with Clone DVD 2, I have used it for years why is it not working?

If needed I can post a log file later as I'm ripping it as I type.

Last edited:
I'm having the same issue (Monsters University, Star trek, and now Iron Man 3). I put my backups on my network drive as an ISO from Clone DVD 2 and watch them with my BoxeeBox... until now that is :(

I'm now working with a Handbrake doing a MKV version. We will see if that works. I have tried Clone DVD 2 every way but naked and upside down (not recommended). Next I will try the ImgBurn.

Is there an issue with Clone DVD 2, I have used it for years why is it not working?

If needed I can post a log file later as I'm ripping it as I type.

Okay MKV done with handbrake worked for Iron Man 3 :) . I will try my other broken titles later.

Okay it worked with the latest Star Trek too!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I'm not sure what version of AnyDVD I used to backup Iron Man 3, but it did copy to disc fine and plays fine. Star Trek (Darkness) did copy and play fine, but I have to put the disc in and wait either close to a minute for the menu to pop up or hit the Title Menu (or similar) button to bring up the disc menu. However, the movie plays fine. Both DVD format.

Thanks Folks !

Glenn

Back