• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Star trek - into darkness on -7.3.2.0

Not sure what your talking about, AnyDVD has no problem backing up the main movie or any of the files.
Problem lies with the menus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

StarTrek-Into Dakrness Problem

This disk won't back up and it will not play on a PC. All that is displayed is 10 seconds of the movie file. Clone DVD2 2.9.3.1 backs up this 10 seconds like a normal complete DVD. The movie Jack Reacher does the same. I'm running AnyDVDHD 7.2.3.0. All other DVD's back up perfectly. What's going on with these 2 movies?

Not sure what your talking about, AnyDVD has no problem backing up the main movie or any of the files.
Problem lies with the menus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

5 different stand-alone DVD players I've tried, one had a problem with a back up of this DVD when starting it. Playback was fine.

Star-Trek-into Darkness

I've only managed to produce a backup copy that plays on a computer, by unticking 'remove first title' in Video HD DVD settings 2nd box down, before copying...(All other methods made coasters),,but its still no go when it comes to playing it on anything else has anyone cracked this yet.?????...ps - how do I post a log file? and where is it? try this..View attachment 23178

Dozy Star Trek into Dankness plays fine on a Blu-Ray Player after making A backup copy .Try it you well see

this is just my preference, but I don't really see a reason to burn backups back to disc, as strange as that might sound. especially for problems like the new Superman dvd. with my hdmi cable to tv, and the audio going to my stereo, I can't imagine burning it, just to watch it. looks pretty good coming from my laptop. :agree: maybe this was answered, and I did really read all the posts about Superman, but if I understand, the backup itself plays ok from the hd.

Problems with Star Trek Into Darkness

Ok, I stand corrected. Learned something new about CloneDVD2 today.

AnyDVD 7.3.2.0 and CloneDVD2 2.9.3.1 WILL produce a clean menu-free copy if you use the "Copy DVD Titles" feature of CloneDVD2 instead of the "Clone DVD" feature.

Lack of a menu is much better than a non-functional dud any day. :)

I'm sure our pals here will suss the menu issues out soon enough.

into the darkness

I copied into the darkness and can get it to play on pc, however, I cant get it to play on my stand alone dvd player, I'd have to say this is a first in a while, I think the last one was the last Mission impossible , any how , if I use the title ,menu , and play buttons all at once the it inializes and starts it's autorun, which means anydvd needs to add an update as usual ... it doesn't matter whaT U DO, it wont autorun,unless u hit all three buttons at once and I'm glad someone had that idea ty

I copied into the darkness and can get it to play on pc, however, I cant get it to play on my stand alone dvd player, I'd have to say this is a first in a while, I think the last one was the last Mission impossible , any how , if I use the title ,menu , and play buttons all at once the it inializes and starts it's autorun, which means anydvd needs to add an update as usual ... it doesn't matter whaT U DO, it wont autorun,unless u hit all three buttons at once and I'm glad someone had that idea ty

Since we don't know what standalone player your referring to that is all hearsay? I never had much problem making a iso and burning them back after mounting the iso with Virtual CloneDrive and then using CloneDVD to burn them back to DVD5 or DVD9 media and played fine on standalone? That includes jack reacher, jack and giant slayer, Epic, other newer release without any problems and now I got star trek on ISO I will also burn that back to dvd5 and dvd9 to test it out.

Update:

I mounted the iso Star Trek and burned with CloneDVD to dvd5 media and played back on my pc and sounds and video are good and play fine in R1 backup. I didn't try directly CloneDVD backup but the iso to provide info that it works this way. Anydvd HD 7.2.3.0 and CloneDVD 2.9.3.1.

Last edited:
Star Trek Into Darkness - Attempted to clone Redbox version.

I attempted to copy the dvd (all current CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD) and it had only one title in the Video_TS. Then I copied the files from the root of the dvd and it copied what looks like 20 different copies resulting in 77.9 GB. I cannot believe that one DVD could hold that much data.
Has anyone attempted to clone this title from Redbox rental? The DVD plays fine on a standard Toshiba DVD player.

that 77.1GB is the result of a protection called "structural protection". It creates multiple duplicate of the main (real) titles that makes it appear on disc as if it was actually holding that much damage. When you simply copy the video_ts folder from such a disc, those "virtual" files become real ones and your copied folder will be that oversized size. Any time the anydvd status window reports a disc to have STRUCTURAL PROTECTION you need to use the Anydvd ripper (rightclick the fox tray icon and select rip video dvd to hard disc) or cloneDVD2. Structural protection is not something that normally can be removed "on the fly" like with a simple file copy in windows explorer. Both the anydvd ripper and cloneDVD2 however know how to do it properly.

use either that ripper or cloneDVD2 and you'll end up with the real size :)

Star Trek Into Darkness

The beta 7321:bowdown: takes care of all the back-up issues.

The beta 7321:bowdown: takes care of all the back-up issues.

Good to know but others with 7.3.2.0 worked fine for them too....I rip to image and burned back with CloneDVD after mounting the iso.

Finally fixed

Please try it with this beta version of AnyDVD so there is no need to bypass menus, etc.

Go to this URL and take the first AnyDVD beta on the list.

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/

Last edited:
Installed AnyDVD 7.3.2.1, no reboot was required and backup of Star Trek Into Darkness full DVD was flawless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Jolly good show frank - the support team are great.

Yeah, but in the end when the smoke clears he is usually right. 8)

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT,.
I WILL UPDATE THEN'
I'LL GIVE STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS ANOTHER GO WHEN I'M PROPERLY AWAKE ITS 5 AM AND I CANT KEEP ME EYES OPEN........ZZZZZzzzz

Back