• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Newbie Guide Bluray

tbuelna

I apologize in advance if I am the 100th newbie to ask this, but after looking around the forum for a while I didn't see exactly what I was looking for. I have been using AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 for a while with no issues. I have a Bluray reader/writer and thought I would upgrade to AnyDVDHD and make blurays.

As you may have guessed CloneDVD2 is only for DVD's and so after doing some reading I right clicked on the little fox and selected Rip Video DVD to Harddisk. I am trying to burn the movie Oblivion. So I now have a file with all the source files on my computer, but I do not know how to get them from my computer to the actual Bluray disk. I read about Clown BD, but that crap doesn't make any sense to me. Is there a guide somewhere out there that will tell me what program I need and a step by step tutorial for someone that wants something user friendly?

I appreciate all the help in advance guys!!

Try this

And as far as actually copying bluray movies: DVD burning programs like our CloneDVD/CloneDVD mobile products are not sold as BluRay processors.

Download and install ImgBurn (http://download.imgburn.com/SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe or http://www.imgburn.com - it's a free tool).
Insert a BD and let AnyDVDHD scan it. Then open ImgBurn.

- Select "Mode" , then "read", then "source" to "create image file from disc". ImgBurn will create an image of the BD on the hard drive.
- Then you insert a blank BluRay disc
- Select the "write" mode "write image to blank disc" to create a 1:1 50GB copy of the original.

To fit to a 25GB blank, see this Forum discussion: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=13846&highlight=shrink+BluRay
OR:
Do this to burn with compression:
- Use AnyDVD HD ("rip to image..." ISO image) right click menu on the tray icon
- Use the free BD Rebuilder tool

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/BD_Rebuilder
- Imgburn (WRITE)

You can also use this wthout compression.

NOTE: for 3D: rip to image with "keep protection" off
- Then either burn the ISO to a 50GB blank with ImgBurn or mount it in Virtual CloneDrive (free from SlySoft) for commercial BD3D software playback.
- For 2D movie-only rips w/o compressiom, use Clown_BD. Clown_BD http://www.clownbd.com/
- Imgburn

Your step by step instructions is hands on practice with these software programs.

I appreciate the tips. I got a BD-25 to work and it looks pretty good! I appreciate the help Frank!!

And as far as actually copying bluray movies: DVD burning programs like our CloneDVD/CloneDVD mobile products are not sold as BluRay processors.

Download and install ImgBurn (http://download.imgburn.com/SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe or http://www.imgburn.com - it's a free tool).
Insert a BD and let AnyDVDHD scan it. Then open ImgBurn.

- Select "Mode" , then "read", then "source" to "create image file from disc". ImgBurn will create an image of the BD on the hard drive.
- Then you insert a blank BluRay disc
- Select the "write" mode "write image to blank disc" to create a 1:1 50GB copy of the original.

To fit to a 25GB blank, see this Forum discussion: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=13846&highlight=shrink+BluRay
OR:
Do this to burn with compression:
- Use AnyDVD HD ("rip to image..." ISO image) right click menu on the tray icon
- Use the free BD Rebuilder tool

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/BD_Rebuilder
- Imgburn (WRITE)

You can also use this wthout compression.

NOTE: for 3D: rip to image with "keep protection" off
- Then either burn the ISO to a 50GB blank with ImgBurn or mount it in Virtual CloneDrive (free from SlySoft) for commercial BD3D software playback.
- For 2D movie-only rips w/o compressiom, use Clown_BD. Clown_BD http://www.clownbd.com/
- Imgburn

Your step by step instructions is hands on practice with these software programs.

how about ,instead of burning, you wanted to copy to a NAS I've used anydvd to rip to nas as a ISO, but dvd blue ray player for TV doesn't recognize it on the network. No problem with dvd's.

Would really apreciate any input.

Me too!

I apologize in advance if I am the 100th newbie to ask this, but after looking around the forum for a while I didn't see exactly what I was looking for. I have been using AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 for a while with no issues. I have a Bluray reader/writer and thought I would upgrade to AnyDVDHD and make blurays.

As you may have guessed CloneDVD2 is only for DVD's and so after doing some reading I right clicked on the little fox and selected Rip Video DVD to Harddisk. I am trying to burn the movie Oblivion. So I now have a file with all the source files on my computer, but I do not know how to get them from my computer to the actual Bluray disk. I read about Clown BD, but that crap doesn't make any sense to me. Is there a guide somewhere out there that will tell me what program I need and a step by step tutorial for someone that wants something user friendly?

I appreciate all the help in advance guys!!

I've tried to set up a bluray burn using Nero 12. The problem is when it asks for a "structure" I don't know which folder to point it to. I have a backup of Epic and there are seven sub folders under the main folder for Epic.

Using CloneDVD is easy - you point the program to the Video_TS folder and it recognizes the structure.

Is there a comparable folder in the HD structure?

Thanks,

Ray

you point it to the main folder, the one that holds the "certificate" and "bdmv" folder

<moviename>
--<certificate>
--<bdmv>

you point it to <moviename>

but honestly nero is crap for burning just about anything. IMGBurn is free and does it 1000X better, especially since imgburn will automatically ask u if it should correct any incorrect settings and nero won't. eg: if u burn a blu-ray using the wrong UDF setting you end up with a coaster

you point it to the main folder, the one that holds the "certificate" and "bdmv" folder

<moviename>
--<certificate>
--<bdmv>

you point it to <moviename>

but honestly nero is crap for burning just about anything. IMGBurn is free and does it 1000X better, especially since imgburn will automatically ask u if it should correct any incorrect settings and nero won't. eg: if u burn a blu-ray using the wrong UDF setting you end up with a coaster

Okay, Thanks. I already owned Nero so I thought I would use it.

It worked. One thing I've noticed is that the commentary is always on. Nero gives me no idea what files or languages I'm recoding - half the time the spanish language is on the movie.

Does IMGBurn recode?

Last edited:
No imgburn does not recode. It only burns the data it is given. If you keep getting the wrong language track on the movie then either you are doing it wrong or Nero is. To recode a bluray take a look at bd-rebuilder or clown_be. Both are free and do a better job than nero

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

No imgburn does not recode. It only burns the data it is given. If you keep getting the wrong language track on the movie then either you are doing it wrong or Nero is. To recode a bluray take a look at bd-rebuilder or clown_be. Both are free and do a better job than nero

Downloaded bd-rebuilder. Looks okay. Takes a while to find out what the output will be. Also, it would be nice if they gave the size of the output file/s.

Thanks

the output size can be specified in setting > output options

the output size can be specified in setting > output options

No such menu "output options" is available.

This is the latest version v.044.17. Perhaps its not there. There are other options. Recode tells you the exact size of the file/s once you select the output. Would be nice if BD did. Still waiting for Nero to recode a file then I will try BD

yes there is menu "settings" then "output options", you just can't access it till you've loaded a bluray structure offcourse

yes there is menu "settings" then "output options", you just can't access it till you've loaded a bluray structure offcourse

Hmmmm... Yes, it is there greyed out. I have a blu ray structure in the viewing area. I had alternate movie output selected. When I deselect that the "output options" is available. I see where that only allows bd or dvd outputs and then a standard size. There is a customizable size available too.

Thanks for the replies. I will have to try it a few times to see the results.

Movie only mode is 2 way. You have movie only output (to make a backup of the disc with just the movie, means less shrinking) or alternate output if you wish to output to like an mkv.

1 word of advice, do not install any other versions of the helper tools than the ones specified in the first post. If you have newer version of them, install the specified ones. Those are the only ones tested and guaranteed to work with bdrb. Jdobbs does not accept bug reports if the versions don't match

Movie only mode is 2 way. You have movie only output (to make a backup of the disc with just the movie, means less shrinking) or alternate output if you wish to output to like an mkv.

1 word of advice, do not install any other versions of the helper tools than the ones specified in the first post. If you have newer version of them, install the specified ones. Those are the only ones tested and guaranteed to work with bdrb. Jdobbs does not accept bug reports if the versions don't match

Thanks for your help. It worked first time and the language came out right. It will take some fiddling around to get the size and settings right but it's better than the guesswork with Nero Recode.

how about ,instead of burning, you wanted to copy to a NAS I've used anydvd to rip to nas as a ISO, but dvd blue ray player for TV doesn't recognize it on the network. No problem with dvd's.

Would really apreciate any input.

Anyone figure this one out? I'm using a jailbroken ATV1 that is modded with the Broadcom card to allow playback in 1080p/i. The AppleTV1 is looking at my NAS drive for media, and I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to rip my original Blu-Rays to the NAS folder. Also, I'm not that tech-smart LOL, so this may be a pie-dream since I still don't know what portable BR player/reader/burner to buy, and then whether the ATV1 running XBMC/Crystalbuntu will find a useable format to playback the BR movie.

Back