• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Best Bluray ripping drives

Aileron

I have been getting a lot of read errors trying to backup my blurays. What are the best bluray readers for ripping that can overcome these read errors?

Laptop internal would be good, but I would also go external if it means I can rip all/most of my collection.

What about LG Electronics BT20N

Does anyone think LG Electronics BT20N would be a great drive to buy for backing up Blurays? I've been getting a lot of disc errors reading my collection. I am currently using a Matshita BD-CMB UJ-120.

Last edited:
Read errors on Bluray Discs

Any advice on overcoming read errors. I am using Matshita BD-CMB UJ-120.

1) I've read that slowing the read speed down in AnyDVD can help but that was is regards to a DVD, not BD. Is this applicable to BD ripping?
2) Would a different drive improve my chances?
3) What drives are best? I would like to get an internal burner for may laptop.

Thanks in advance.

It serves no purpose to duplicate posts/discussions and break up discussion into three different forums for the purpose of dealing with one issue.

Threads merged in the CD/DVD/BD Drives forum.

Internal laptop drives tend to not have as long a life. They tend to be cheaper in build quality. Matshita/Matsushita makes many drives that are more trouble than they are worth.

An external Blu-Ray drive from a good company could be better. You could even take a good internal desktop Blu-Ray drive, stick it in an external enclosure and then hook it up.

Personally, I like the Pioneer BDR-20x drives. I own the BDR-205 but they are no longer made. I think the BDR-208 is out now. Other people prefer LG drives. I'd recommend checking out reviews for current Blu-Ray drives.

Last edited:
Thanks, DL+D.

I've read that slowing the read speed down in AnyDVD can help but that was is regards to a DVD, not BD. Is this applicable to BD ripping?

There's now a Pioneer laptop drive that's just been released (BDR-TD03RT) which we should be getting in at work later today. If I get a chance to test it I'll let you know what it's like (although can't give long term recommendation as it's just been released.) I've found the Samsung laptop drives to be pretty reliable so far internal model number SN-506AB/BEBE, slimline external model number SE-506BB/TSBD for those who don't want to have to lug around a large external Blu-ray drive with it's own power supply

Thanks for the advice. Very helpful. I am considering the Pioneer BDR-XD04S. Anyone have any information good/bad? TIA

I just bought an :
LG Electronics 12x SATA Blu-Ray Disc Combo Internal Drive with 3D Playback and M-DISC (Black) UH12NS29 from Amazon for 39.99, it does not write Blu-ray but it does write reg DVDs, but it rips Blu-ray DVDs great. I do not burn Blu-ray discs. So for me this is just fine.

Back