• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Speed of Converting DVDs

sanfrancisco

I was one of the first to get Clone DVD Mobile when it came out.

I could swear that when I used to convert my DVDs with the program that it only took about 40 minutes to convert a movie.

I had to install a new hard disk and XP OS. Now converting movies takes about two hours.

Can anyone else tell me how long it takes to convert a two-hour DVD movie?

I am using:

"windows smartphone"
movie only
no subtitles
small file size, about 250MB to 350MB

Last edited:
I can´t say the time to convert the files because it´s depends of computer. My P4 3.06 will take 40 minutes to convert a movie (130-140 minutes) with subtitles (Generic DivX) who is about 1300 MB. But I will think that a small file will take the same time. Have You checkt that your new harddrive use DMA. If not the computer get slow.

I can´t say the time to convert the files because it´s depends of computer. My P4 3.06 will take 40 minutes to convert a movie (130-140 minutes) with subtitles (Generic DivX) who is about 1300 MB. But I will think that a small file will take the same time. Have You checkt that your new harddrive use DMA. If not the computer get slow.

Thanks for the response. I will check on that DMA issue.

I have a P4 2.3, 1GB ram, so that should be fast enough. But the slow conversion if from a DVD movie, which I assume will be a slower process?

Your computer will be enough. Perhaps one hour should be enoug with your machine. I only get 512 Mb Ram but converting takes most of the CPU. I have another computer with P4 1.7 Gh and then 1 DVD takes more than one and a half hour. One of my friends have 2600 Celeron and that is not fun. About 3 hours works for one movie.
I hope you will find the problem soon.

Back