• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD2 cannot find video files

aiko714

Hello, Been using AnyDVD & CloneDVD2 happily and successfully for many years. Recently had a hard drive fail. Rebuilt the system, reinstalled AnyDVD and CloneDVD2, entered my registration information, popped a DVD into the reader and a blank DVD+R into the writer and I have attached two screen shots. One shows AnyDVD as I would expect it to be, but the CloneDVD screen indicates the program cannot find video files in the location I have always used. What am I missing? Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• anydvdIMG.JPG
    anydvdIMG.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 13
  • clonedvdIMG.JPG
    clonedvdIMG.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 13
Hello, Been using AnyDVD & CloneDVD2 happily and successfully for many years. Recently had a hard drive fail. Rebuilt the system, reinstalled AnyDVD and CloneDVD2, entered my registration information, popped a DVD into the reader and a blank DVD+R into the writer and I have attached two screen shots. One shows AnyDVD as I would expect it to be, but the CloneDVD screen indicates the program cannot find video files in the location I have always used. What am I missing? Thank you for your help.

AnyDVD sees the DVD in a G: drive.

CloneDVD is looking in a D: drive temp file. Do you still have a D: drive? It looks like it was a hard drive that was used to store the CloneDVD temporary files after reading a disc.

Last edited:
mm - yes, the DVD is in the G: drive which is my DVD reader.
The D: wasn't affected in my drive failure. It had/has a folder in the root :CloneDVDTemp. It is where video files are read from.

mm - yes, the DVD is in the G: drive which is my DVD reader.
The D: wasn't affected in my drive failure. It had/has a folder in the root :CloneDVDTemp. It is where video files are read from.

Unless you save the temp files to write back to a disc, they are usually deleted. If you are wanting to make a copy of the disc in the G: drive, then have CloneDVD browse to that drive, not the D: drive.

CloneDVD reads from the DVD to a Temp file, then writes from the Temp file to a blank DVD. This allows you to burn another DVD, if needed, from the Temp files without having to read the original DVD again. Unless you save the Temp files (which will soon fill up a hard drive), they are usually overwritten by the next DVD.

Last edited:
Sir, it is obvious to me after reading you latest reply to my question that I was a little confused. it is now crystal clear how to proceed. Thank you for your patient reply. Aging is not fun. It's confusing. Don

Back