• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cyberlink PowerDVD 13... already

resume function and subtitle function PowerDVD 13

I know I should not tangle with the big boys but in this case there are two sets of pagination I should have said 27 and 101 for the resume function and 84-87 for the subtitles.
sorry for the confusion I won't tangle again.

Here's one for ya, PDVD 13 can't handle the newly released "The Hobbit 3D Pt. 1" properly. With my 3D setup, and 3d enabled i still see everything double lolz. There's about an inch between the 2 images. Swapping images is no solution. Use the same disc in PDVD 11 and it plays in 3D just fine :)

** edit ** make that any disc: it doesnt even play avatar 3D properly

Last edited:
I ended up with a copy of 12 with a new burner I recently got my hands on. Did an upgrade to 13. So in a way only ever paid for 13, and at a much discounted price. I agree with the issues and feel terrible for those who have been burned.

Maybe 14 is 3 months away. lol

Here's one for ya, PDVD 13 can't handle the newly released "The Hobbit 3D Pt. 1" properly. With my 3D setup, and 3d enabled i still see everything double lolz. There's about an inch between the 2 images. Swapping images is no solution. Use the same disc in PDVD 11 and it plays in 3D just fine :)

** edit ** make that any disc: it doesnt even play avatar 3D properly

That's just silly.

It looks like Cyberlink is taking versioning lessons from MS and Mozilla.

Well i don't have pdvd 12, but 11 displays the same discs just fine as to where 13 doesn't.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

Well i don't have pdvd 12, but 11 displays the same discs just fine as to where 13 doesn't.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk
Guess it's a good thing I never upgraded from PDVD 11; it's still my PC player of choice ATM. :D

The only reason I needed this user interface travesty was to play 3D Blu-ray movies while bitstreaming DTS-HD Master Audio to my receiver.

Now I've bought Stereoscopic Player instead which can directly play 3D SSIF files from the disc and can decode full resolution DTS-HD Master Audio via LPCM with LAV filters.

Guess it's a good thing I never upgraded from PDVD 11; it's still my PC player of choice ATM. :D

I am also running PDVD 11 v3901 and I just wonder if I purchase the upgrade to PDVD 13, can I have both installed on my machine and use either - or does the upgrade "wipe out" the PDVD 11 installation, or do I violate license by running both (or either)? The upgrade price of $44.95 is enticing, but not good if I have to do away with PDVD 11.

Looking through this thread, I noted conflicting opinion about this, with you saying that Cyberlink liked to wipe out old versions on upgrading while Drink mentioned he could run both PDVD 12 & 13. So just looking for advice before I press the button!

Strange BD playback

I have just downloaded PowerDVD 13 Ultra.

DVD Playback is ok

Blu Ray playback is unwatchable, just looks like its in 8 bit colour mode or something, although the rest of the screen outside the borders of the player looks normal, i.e. windows desktop still looks normal.

Any ideas anybody.

Attached Picture PowerDVD Problem

This attached is the picture I get from a Blu Ray disk with PowerDVD.

All other players work fine, i.e. TMT, WinDVD.

Also DVD's work ok on PowerDVD but not BD.

Anybody have any idea what is going on here.

Thanks

Attachments

• PowerDVD Blu Ray example.jpg
    PowerDVD Blu Ray example.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 53
Last edited by a moderator:
I am also running PDVD 11 v3901 and I just wonder if I purchase the upgrade to PDVD 13, can I have both installed on my machine and use either - or does the upgrade "wipe out" the PDVD 11 installation, or do I violate license by running both (or either)? The upgrade price of $44.95 is enticing, but not good if I have to do away with PDVD 11.

Looking through this thread, I noted conflicting opinion about this, with you saying that Cyberlink liked to wipe out old versions on upgrading while Drink mentioned he could run both PDVD 12 & 13. So just looking for advice before I press the button!
I haven't bought PDVD 13 itself yet, but unless Cyberlink has changed its upgrade model, it depends on your PDVD 13 license; an "upgrade" license (cheaper) will wipe out your old version, but a "full" license won't. (My PDVD 11 license was originally "upgrade", but I got a "full" key recently during the DLL-error debacle when their initial patch worked only with "full" keys.)

This attached is the picture I get from a Blu Ray disk with PowerDVD.

All other players work fine, i.e. TMT, WinDVD.

Also DVD's work ok on PowerDVD but not BD.

Anybody have any idea what is going on here.

Thanks
My first guesses are (a) marginal performance and/or (b) it's not disabling Aero during BD playback. If it's set up like PDVD 11 (appears so), click the gear at upper right for settings, then choose "Blu-ray Disc" and click the Advanced button; then go to the Windows Aero tab and check the box there ("Allow PowerDVD to automatically disable Windows Aero..."). Though it appears you have either Vista or Win7, try that even if you're on Win8 (which doesn't have Aero); IIRC the problem has more to do with WDDM than Aero itself.

My first guesses are (a) marginal performance and/or (b) it's not disabling Aero during BD playback. If it's set up like PDVD 11 (appears so), click the gear at upper right for settings, then choose "Blu-ray Disc" and click the Advanced button; then go to the Windows Aero tab and check the box there ("Allow PowerDVD to automatically disable Windows Aero..."). Though it appears you have either Vista or Win7, try that even if you're on Win8 (which doesn't have Aero); IIRC the problem has more to do with WDDM than Aero itself.

Yes I have tried that, no difference.

If I play a m2ts file its fine, if I play a BD disk or a BD folder then not OK

The difference is this, if I play a m2ts file, the player does nothing to windows colour system,

If I play a Disk or a bd folder, the player puts windows in basic colour mode.
Although, the desktop looks same, the player enviroment changes and looks as the attachement a few posts ago.

Cyberlink help is very bad.

Stick with TMT

@rotty dog

I had the same problem some years ago with PowerDVD 11 or 12, version 13 is fine at the moment. I don't think it is due to your older laptop but for me it was just a graphics driver/PowerDVD incompatibility with my specific hardware at that time. Nvidia or CyberLink, I can't remember, solved it with an update they released some months later. I know that's bad if one has only one player but it's usually the way it works. I never even considered bothering CyberLink's useless support.

Note that if you buy a new laptop it may work or not since you have different hardware then and not all is affected by this bug. But personally that's nothing I would consider just because of faulty software.

I have done many tests,
and I can say that TMT is simply top, in PQ and AQ,
at least on my HW chain, with AMD ATI card,
TMT sweeps away PDVD 13, seems almost see a Movie or Video SD in comparison with Video HD

TMT wins hands down :clap:

Last edited:
@rotty dog

I had the same problem some years ago with PowerDVD 11 or 12, version 13 is fine at the moment. I don't think it is due to your older laptop but for me it was just a graphics driver/PowerDVD incompatibility with my specific hardware at that time. Nvidia or CyberLink, I can't remember, solved it with an update they released some months later. I know that's bad if one has only one player but it's usually the way it works. I never even considered bothering CyberLink's useless support.

Note that if you buy a new laptop it may work or not since you have different hardware then and not all is affected by this bug. But personally that's nothing I would consider just because of faulty software.

Hi Hadar

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Yes, I think your right, incompatible with my setup.

I have downloaded and installed the latest driver for my graphics card, and guess what. no difference.

Never mind, ill stick with TMT.

Thanks again for your reply.

Do you have any codec packs on your system? I've seen this on a few systems when customers had installed codec packs which override the codec that PDVD uses.
Another thing to try would be to turn off hardware decoding inside PDVD

Back