• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Batch Ripping Via Command Line

dan001

Hi,

I have used AnyDVD to rip about 200 dvds to ISO files, but I now need them also to be in the basic folder format you get when you choose the Rip to Hard Disk option.

I have found some cmd line details on the forums but I was wondering if there would be any issues (that may not be immediately obvious!) with the resulting files in doing the following in a batch file:-

- mount the ISO file using vcdmount
- xcopy everything from the mounted drive to a local folder
- unmount the ISO
- repeat for the rest of the iso files

It seems to me at face value this should work fine, but as I don't really know what is going on behind the scenes I thought it best to get some quick advice before setting this huge job going :)

Cheers
Dan

Hi,

I have used AnyDVD to rip about 200 dvds to ISO files, but I now need them also to be in the basic folder format you get when you choose the Rip to Hard Disk option.

I have found some cmd line details on the forums but I was wondering if there would be any issues (that may not be immediately obvious!) with the resulting files in doing the following in a batch file:-

- mount the ISO file using vcdmount
- xcopy everything from the mounted drive to a local folder
- unmount the ISO
- repeat for the rest of the iso files

It seems to me at face value this should work fine, but as I don't really know what is going on behind the scenes I thought it best to get some quick advice before setting this huge job going :)

Cheers
Dan
I strongly recommend to use tcclone instead.

ah ok, so I use vcdmount to mount the ISO as before, but then use tcclone instead of xcopy to copy the contents?

out of interest (if it's a quickie!), what is the difference between using tcclone and xcopy?

(in my limited understanding, I thought that as I had removed the copy protection already when I did the initial rip to ISO with AnyDVD, I could then just copy the contents without issue)

Cheers
Dan

Back