• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CINAVIA and Slyce

Other stuff moved

The other things are now over on the cinavia thread. No bloat here please.

slyce and NON-reencoded BD Reauthoring

From what I have seen & heard thus far about slyce is that it will have capabilities for Bluray similar to what DVDRemake had for dvd. Is this true? If yes, Slyce will, once released, be the be-all-end-all of must-have's for BD processing and crap removal. Currently the only "workable" option for doing a NON-rencoded remake of a BD with all the retail garbage gone and menuing intact is Multi-AVCHD, which isnt even supported by its author anymore. Can anyone speculate as to whether slyce will have this MUCH needed capability ?

any and all info about slyce you can find in my sticky in the high-def software section. Multi-AVCHD is NOT the only workable option. Check out the free BD-Rebuilder, it needs a few helper aps and a bit of learning to get the hang of but it works just fine. With the movie-& menu mode you can blank out all crap you don't want.

Cinavia is a watermark embedded in the audio track, so converting to an AVI then back to a Blu-ray /DVD will not remove it unless the conversion software has the ability to specifically target Cinavia removal (which at this time none do)

I'm not getting this, and I've worked a little with audio and video. if there is a dead air, white noise, or some frequency that Cinavia resides, so the player recognizes it and the firmware picks it up, then why can't a conversion program that is converting audio, check for it, and do whatever it has to do when converting the audio?

I'm not getting this, and I've worked a little with audio and video. if there is a dead air, white noise, or some frequency that Cinavia resides, so the player recognizes it and the firmware picks it up, then why can't a conversion program that is converting audio, check for it, and do whatever it has to do when converting the audio?

Oh sure. Piece of cake. NOT! LOL! One would have to either record over it, or remove it completely. One cannot simply do it, without affecting the audio quality. Yet...

Not to mention, identifying the watermark.

Oh sure. Piece of cake. NOT! LOL! One would have to either record over it, or remove it completely. One cannot simply do it, without affecting the audio quality. Yet...

Not to mention, identifying the watermark.

ok, I understand if it was that easy, it would have been done all ready. :bowdown: but without going to ten different websites, I was trying to understand with my limited knowledge, obviously as you pointed out, why a watermark or audio signal would not show up on a scope? and of course if a scope can pick it up, then that would lead to a programming solution of course. and as far as the gap that would need filling in. I am assuming of course, but if it is not anything that affects the audio in playback, then why wouldn't removing it, have no affect if removed and replaced by some low level frequency or something the ear wouldn't pick up? just brainstorming, that's all. :doh:

Imagine audio like it's linear. Much like time. If you were to remove a year from time, it's gone. If you replace it with something else, you've altered it from the original.
The audio signal may not be detectable by our ears, but it's still there. Removing it, would also inadvertently remove everything else in that time frame. Lest of course the exact frequency range could be suppressed. But that may not be enough. Because the pattern would still exist at some level. You can change the color of a cube, but it's still a cube. This pattern, may be more complex than we realize. And the detection algorithm may be VERY intelligent.

what it is, is a research engineer's dream, especially probably teams all around the world. the competition factor, as well as financial gain. more than enuff motivation for sure. I used to do stuff like that, and they'll figure it out sooner rather than later is my guess. good luck to those lucky engineers/programmers working on it here at Slysoft. :clap:

Regarding Cinavia - although removal is not for initial release, would it be possible to have Slyce detect and warn if Cinavia is present? Realistically it would only need to read through the main (English) soundtrack for the first (at most) 20 mins, foreign languages and commentaries are afaik never infected.

Alternatively you could just look for the logo on the packaging

Sorry if this has been asked. Will Slyce be able to merge the m2ts files of a seamless branch into one m2ts file (similar to what Clown_BD does, keep the original 1:1 copy and structure, just with a single m2ts file). This would eliminate many of the issues media players encounter with seamless branch

Been reading through the thread. I would vote for that too. Steve

Alternatively you could just look for the logo on the packaging

The packaging which I -always- throw away you mean?
In fact I do normally look and make a note, but I don't know if I can rely on it, or always remember to note it down, or can trust the one or two internet lists.

No not the plastic wrap packaging. on the back of the cover artwork. Where you usually find the movie synopsis. If the logo isn't present then it isn't on the disc.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

Here Is an Example:

Attachments

• CINAVIA.jpg
    CINAVIA.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 95
No not the plastic wrap packaging. on the back of the cover artwork. Where you usually find the movie synopsis. If the logo isn't present then it isn't on the disc.
The Losers, the very first Cinavia disc, didn't have the logo (at least here in the States); AFAIK every Cinavia disc since does.

Regarding cinavia removal not in the initial release of Slyce:

If this post by James is accurate, one of the reasons for Slyce's release being delayed becomes clearer.

Pure speculation on my part, but it is encouraging.

... one of the reasons for Slyce's release being delayed becomes clearer.

No, I didn't say that Cinavia removal is the cause for the delay. It would be stupid to delay the product for that reason. Who wants Cinavia removal anyway? ;)

What I said is, that because of the ongoing delay, we might see Cinavia removal.

Can you say what the delay is? Many people are very curious. No harm in asking. Do you think this quarter is still realistic?

Back