• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Is there anyone who has AnyDVD Cinavia fix working with PowerDVD 12?

What Techguy said...

I don't have PDVD11 or 13, but I do have 10 (pre- and post-cinavia 'enhanced') and 12 as an upgrade and a full install on different/same pcs. Having run through iterations of ADVD HD7.1.7.x to 7.1.8.0 without success avoiding the catastrophic failure, I'm a bit frustrated. It would be nice to know what works. Money and time are going down the toilet. Sorry, just venting, I guess...

I don't have PDVD11 or 13, but I do have 10 (pre- and post-cinavia 'enhanced') and 12 as an upgrade and a full install on different/same pcs. Having run through iterations of ADVD HD7.1.7.x to 7.1.8.0 without success avoiding the catastrophic failure, I'm a bit frustrated. It would be nice to know what works. Money and time are going down the toilet. Sorry, just venting, I guess...
Where are people getting the idea that PDVD 10 picked up Cinavia? It was added starting with PDVD 12, period. Part of the reason I'm still on PDVD 11 is it's Cinavia-free.

Last edited:
Where are people getting the idea that PDVD 10 picked up Cinavia? It was added starting with PDVD 12, period. Part of the reason I'm still on PDVD 11 is it's Cinavia-free.

Same reason why I stay with PDVD 10, cinavia free. So far all the BDs I wanted to watch on my PC have played just fine with PDVD 10.

Last edited:
If you read Luger's post he was quoting someone else. There's also this guy in the PowerDVD 12 thread who reckons PDVD 10 mutes Cinavia (I think he's gotten a bit confused)

http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=368923&postcount=30
Hmm, I wouldn't put it past Cyberlink to add Cinavia to DVD10. If you go to Cyberlink and look at their update page the last date for DVD10 is 2012, 10, 15 _ that puts it past the Feb. 2012 mark.
DVD10 is still being offered for HP computers owners over at Notebook Review, the date for that is after Feb, 2012 as well.
If I get curious enough I may test it out.

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdvd-ultra/patches_en_CA.html

http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-drivers-software-forum/519991-popular-hp-notebook-software.html

@Jeff: it doesn't matter WHEN the last update was. The only thing that matters is WHEN the player was LICENSED. PowerDVD 10 was initially launched on March 17th, 2010. That date is the only one that counts. That one is years before the feb 1st mark, making it not mandatory to have cinavia detection. The same is true for PowerDVD 11, that was released on April 18th, 2011. Also well before the cinavia embedding date. It also doesnt apply to PowerDVD 11. It has not and never will have cinavia detection. They can release patches for ever without having to add cinavia for the simple reason that the player was licensed to play blu-ray discs before the "cinavia date".

@Jeff: it doesn't matter WHEN the last update was. The only thing that matters is WHEN the player was LICENSED. PowerDVD 10 was initially launched on March 17th, 2010. That date is the only one that counts. That one is years before the feb 1st mark, making it not mandatory to have cinavia detection. The same is true for PowerDVD 11, that was released on April 18th, 2011. Also well before the cinavia embedding date. It also doesnt apply to PowerDVD 11. It has not and never will have cinavia detection. They can release patches for ever without having to add cinavia for the simple reason that the player was licensed to play blu-ray discs before the "cinavia date".
Unfortunately it didn't stop Cyberlink from adding a Cinavia enabled patch into DVD10. This version here is from Notebook review from the link earlier. I suspect this has happened as Cyberlink creates patches for 12 and 13 which are Cinavia enabled. The patches, if necessary, are modified to work with older versions, but the Cinavia detection is being left in there whether the law dictates it or not.

CinaviaWarning_zps71e00467.jpg

Last edited:
that message simply sais cinavia. Can't see which pdvd version. As far as cinavia for pdvd 12 & 13 is concerned, thats normal. They were released AFTER the cinavia date, so they don't have a choice. Those must have cinavia or lose their license.

If that ss is from PDVD 10. What's the build number?

Last edited:
that message simply sais cinavia. Can't see which pdvd version. As far as cinavia for pdvd 12 & 13 is concerned, thats normal. They were released AFTER the cinavia date, so they don't have a choice. Those must have cinavia or lose their license.

If that ss is from PDVD 10. What's the build number?
The build number 10.0.7.4702.
It's an HP OEM version which is Power DVD 10. I am going to assume that the retail DVD 10 version also is Cinavia enabled, at least any patches that are available for it anyway.
I just tried running the latest patch from Cyberlink and it downgraded it to 4520. The retail patches are not supposed to work with the OEM version, but it did anyway. I will play Karate Kid again to confirm the Cinavia warning with the retail patch and report back.
V10_zps4b82e738.png
OEM_zps8cbf25e9.png

it could be that hp tweaked the patch. As officially PDVD 10 does not fall under the mandatory cinavia category. That build you have also isn't on the official cyberlink site (yet), perhaps it will in a while. Curious thing this is. Though i wouldn't put it past cyberlink to integrate cinavia even if the players officialy don't need to have it

it could be that hp tweaked the patch. As officially PDVD 10 does not fall under the mandatory cinavia category. That build you have also isn't on the official cyberlink site (yet), perhaps it will in a while. Curious thing this is. Though i wouldn't put it past cyberlink to integrate cinavia even if the players officialy don't need to have it
Build 4520 wouldn't play Karate Kid, it just crashed with the typical undefined 800 etc. error.
Perhaps this is because the patch was meant for a retail version rather then an OEM one.
I don't have any other version to test with other then the HP OEM version (build 4702)
It's unlikely that HP has tweaked the OEM version and if you have ever dealt with HP, it's virtually impossible to get any info out of them. It's more then likely that HP may have instructed Cyberlink to include Cinavia in it's build _ I can see that...
We need someone to test build 4520 and post some screen shots, but I think cfrient has confirmed that, but with no screen shots or verification from him, there is no way of knowing for sure.

Last edited:
And now the OEM version won't install over build 4520 _ just reminds me why I don't use Cyberlink.
I probably have to use CCleaner and jump through allot of hoops to get it to install again.

Edit: I spoke too soon, it did update back to 4702 as it appears in Programs and Features, but it didn't go through the usual Windows installer procedure, it just haapened in the back ground with out me knowing it. It is now playing Karate Kid again. :aiee::bang:

Last edited:
I don't have build 4520 but I'm running PowerDVD 10 with build 3715. Cinavia is not triggered when I play my backup of "The Losers". I tried updating to 4520 but after updating, any disc I try to play crashes PDVD. This is with the retail version. BTW, it does trigger with TMT 6, which it should.

I don't have build 4520 but I'm running PowerDVD 10 with build 3715. Cinavia is not triggered when I play my backup of "The Losers". I tried updating to 4520 but after updating, any disc I try to play crashes PDVD. This is with the retail version. BTW, it does trigger with TMT 6, which it should.

It may be too early to conclude any thing about build 4520, but so far it looks like Cyberlink needs to develop it further, at least to the point where it will play Blu-ray's.

Edit: Interestingly there is nothing about any problems over at Cyberlink about patch 4520.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/forums/show/1.page

Last edited:
Build 4520 wouldn't play Karate Kid, it just crashed with the typical undefined 800 etc. error.
Perhaps this is because the patch was meant for a retail version rather then an OEM one.
I don't have any other version to test with other then the HP OEM version (build 4702)
It's unlikely that HP has tweaked the OEM version and if you have ever dealt with HP, it's virtually impossible to get any info out of them. It's more then likely that HP may have instructed Cyberlink to include Cinavia in it's build _ I can see that...
We need someone to test build 4520 and post some screen shots, but I think cfrient has confirmed that, but with no screen shots or verification from him, there is no way of knowing for sure.

I think it was just Cyberlink who added in the Cinavia. I have the last updated version of the LG OEM (PDVD 10 4508 ) and that also detects Cinavia

So they've started to add cinavia to players that don't have to support it due to licensing date. Just great. Even more reason for me to keep a copy of my pdvd 11 build that's cinavia free.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

So they've started to add cinavia to players that don't have to support it due to licensing date. Just great. Even more reason for me to keep a copy of my pdvd 11 build that's cinavia free.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

At this point it's probably just OEM versions as Power DVD 10 is the only thing being offered as an OEM choice (LG and HP, so far). Given that P DVD 10 is the only choice for OEM, I am going to assume that any updates will have Cinavia.
I am also going to assume that these updates will not affect retail copies of DVD 10.

At this point it's probably just OEM versions as Power DVD 10 is the only thing being offered as an OEM choice (LG and HP, so far). Given that P DVD 10 is the only choice for OEM, I am going to assume that any updates will have Cinavia.
I am also going to assume that these updates will not affect retail copies of DVD 10.
That sounds like a good explanation, though I'm not sure if retail copies will be exempt. Good thing I'm on PDVD 11; no reports of Cinavia there so far. :D

PowerDVD 12.0.2625.57 with AnyDVD 7.2.0.0 does not work with Cinavia movies on my system (PowerDVD reports "catastrophic error 8000ffff").

win-7 ultimate 64-bit
PowerDVD 12.0.2625.57
AnyDVD 7.2.0.0
Movie tried: "Ides of March"

Back