• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Backup copy won't play on DVD player but works on computer

Just a thought:
I googled the drive (HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW) listed in the log file, and I get 'Hitachi-LG'. I'm guessing this is a re-badged LG drive?

If you can seccessfully set the booktype for +R (SL and DL) to -ROM using the LG tab in ImgBrn, then just maybe CloneDVD doesn't 'recognize' the drive.

Regards to all.

Just a thought:
I googled the drive (HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW) listed in the log file, and I get 'Hitachi-LG'. I'm guessing this is a re-badged LG drive?

Nope you're guessing wrong. That's the proper name. HL-DT-ST <modelname> stands for Hitachi LG - DaTa STorage

The fact that the booktype can be set with imgburn is irrelevant to CloneDVD2. If CloneDVD2 didn't recognise the burner, it wouldn't appear in the drive list so op wouldn't be able to even burn with it. A booktype issue wouldn't even be there.

OK, so I guessed wrong. I was just commenting on James' comment:
"Setting booktypes is done by vendor unique commands. There is no standard for doing this. CloneDVD will do it, if it knows how to do it for your burner."
I don't have CloneDVD. I was just trying to help, that's all. Sorry, I won't do it again.

Don't take my comment personal mate :) I was just saying what you were thinking was incorrect, that's all. Nobody's perfect or knows everything. Even i make mistakes. You had a thought, took a chance but unfortunately it was not correct. No big issue.

don't let that stop you from tryin to help again. Who knows, the next time you could be right :)

This is a CloneDVD2 issue. Last night I installed 123 Copy DVD Version 3.0 that I bought in 2006. I got a new computer last year and didn't install it because I have Clone. I have now backed up all of the before mentioned discs with no problems using 123. So unless someone can telll me how I could of changed a setting on Clone that would prevent it from burning the disc as a DVD-ROM or tell me how to check to make sure it is doing so, I have little confidence in this program. I have wasted too many discs trying to figure it out. I might as well use the (at least) 7-year-old program for burning.

cas956,

Your initial post offers very nearly no information of the problem YOU require support with.
Aiding confusion by attaching an extraneous log file?
At the 25th hour (page 2 post #17) generously you actually share the suitable log file from an original disc...!!!
In all you have been given 5 pages of generous assistance, collectively hours of time.
I am actually grateful for the knowledge imparted
To this advice your sentiment is only of concern over losing too many DVD+R blanks ha-ha :clap: ??

Last edited:
Back