• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

*Cinavia Protection*

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuriHL

UHD Guru
This is not going be a discussion topic. :)

For hardware related Cinavia questions/answers, see here:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=41885

For general discussion about Cinavia, see here:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=41581

Cinavia to be enforced in players Feb 2012?:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=50984

The reason I don't want to see any more Cinavia discussions in the AnyDVD HD forum is that it has been said that AnyDVD HD will not be the product that is used to defeat Cinavia. As such this topic doesn't belong in this particular forum.

Here's a link to my personal thoughts on Cinavia:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=317053&postcount=1439

Basically when the time comes for SlySoft to deal with it, which is their stated goal at some future point in time, they will do so in Slyce. Therefore, when Slyce is released sometime in the future, we can start a Cinavia discussion thread in the appropriate forum.

Feel free to post in the discussion threads I've linked to. Thanks!

Last edited:
Software Rights !!

You might believe you have the right, but in many countries it's illegal to make backups or an extremely grey area. What you believe and what is actual fact can be very different things.
I personally believe you should have the right to make backups of discs you actually own (I do not include rentals), but me thinking that doesn't change the laws in various countries as they stand today.

And comparing my comment about BD-r playback on settop players and AnyDVD is completely off, they aren't the same, although if you want to get picky about it then yes if you look at it along legal lines AnyDVD does give you something you don't have a right to in those countries that it's illegal to make copies of your discs.

Sounds like BS?! Quote:"You might believe you have the right, but in many countries it's illegal to make backups ..."
With no disrespect intended you may be in the wrong software forum or suited to apply for a job with the AACS? :)

The ability to BACK UP our Compact Discs into an ITunes library and transfer a COPY onto an iPod portable device was what initially allowed apple to get iPod off the ground. The ability to COPY ones music etc. to iTunes was so significant that the Compact Disc logo has only recently been removed from the iTunes logo!
AnyDVD along with a portable HDD offer me a similar freedom from my bulky BD / DVD collection. As does the Digital COPY often bundled on my retail BD Discs.

It really depends on legislation in your country. Here in Australia it is now illegal to possess any tool designed to defeat copy protection. Format shifting is legal so you can transfer CD to your other devices as they don't have any copy protection but doing the same thing for a DVD or BD would breach the law on defeating copy protection. No home user has ever been charged however for owning a copy of AnyDVD HD to my knowledge. One protection we have is that copyright holders have to prove their real economic loss for damages.

Sounds like BS?! Quote:"You might believe you have the right, but in many countries it's illegal to make backups ..."
With no disrespect intended you may be in the wrong software forum or suited to apply for a job with the AACS? :)

The ability to BACK UP our Compact Discs into an ITunes library and transfer a COPY onto an iPod portable device was what initially allowed apple to get iPod off the ground. The ability to COPY ones music etc. to iTunes was so significant that the Compact Disc logo has only recently been removed from the iTunes logo!
AnyDVD along with a portable HDD offer me a similar freedom from my bulky BD / DVD collection. As does the Digital COPY often bundled on my retail BD Discs.
I don't see your point. If you'd actually read what I wrote back then you'd see that I didn't agree with the law so having a go at me about what I wrote just because you don't like what was written is way off (and you can't start a sentence by saying 'no disrespect' then go on to have a dig and not be disrespectful), but the fact that you believe you can do it doesn't actually make it legal. Many countries made it legal to copy CD's, but when it comes to DVD's and Blu-ray they have different laws.

Here in Australia it is now illegal to possess any tool designed to defeat copy protection.

Out of curiosity, do you have a link to this law? I always like to read such things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back