• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Both PowerDVD 12 and TMT5 now have Cinavia - Any hack to get around it?

ethanwa

Both PowerDVD 12 and TMT5 now have Cinavia. Does anyone know of any hacks to the software itself to get around it?

I heard there was one for PowerDVD 12 but I haven't found any info on how to do it online.

believe me, if anybody figured that out, it would be all over the Net. :disagree:

I'm sticking with PowerDVD 9, forever if necessary. don't want any part of getting the Cinavia infection. none of my other dvd players are going anywhere either. I believe in sticking with what works, and not allowing automatic updates to players, right now anyway.

Both PowerDVD 12 and TMT5 now have Cinavia. Does anyone know of any hacks to the software itself to get around it?

I heard there was one for PowerDVD 12 but I haven't found any info on how to do it online.

Corel WinDVD is just around the corner :D

The biggest reason I'd like to find a way around it (rather than downgrading to a past version of PowerDVD or TMT5) is because as new Blu-rays come out, often times the software needs an update to play it properly.... a perfect example is Prometheus Bonus Disc or John Carter 3D. There are also useful bug fixes for the software as well.

We HAVE to find a solution or we'll all be stuck in the past. I'm a software developer myself (as my regular job, not just a hobby) so I may take a deep look into some of the assembly to see what I can find.

The biggest reason I'd like to find a way around it (rather than downgrading to a past version of PowerDVD or TMT5) is because as new Blu-rays come out, often times the software needs an update to play it properly.... a perfect example is Prometheus Bonus Disc or John Carter 3D.
With AnyDVD HD, pretty much everything plays with older versions.

The biggest reason I'd like to find a way around it (rather than downgrading to a past version of PowerDVD or TMT5) is because as new Blu-rays come out, often times the software needs an update to play it properly.... a perfect example is Prometheus Bonus Disc or John Carter 3D. There are also useful bug fixes for the software as well.

We HAVE to find a solution or we'll all be stuck in the past. I'm a software developer myself (as my regular job, not just a hobby) so I may take a deep look into some of the assembly to see what I can find.

My PowerDVD 9 seems to play anything I throw at it without a problem. And it came included with my Lite-On BD burner. But I don't do 3D . . all 2D works fine.

WMP works fine with dvds with me, and also the classic WMP which you can find pretty easy, also works just fine. I had trouble with VLC, as it seems to take over my desktop, which was very annoying. might have been something I did, but it made itself the default player for everything, and I had to use a restore point to get rid of it. :(

i ain't gettin that w8 crap till there's a fix again to disable that metro ui startupscreen on boot right from the getgo.

i ain't gettin that w8 crap till there's a fix again to disable that metro ui startupscreen on boot right from the getgo.

I am with you on that, won't be getting it as well.

Unfortunately for me customers want Win 8 so I have to have it on at least 1 system so I know my way round it and can trouble shoot it when they phone up, luckily it means work pays for it. (All of £25 for an upgrade version, which by the way installs as a full version with no prior version required on the harddrives)

Unfortunately for me customers want Win 8 so I have to have it on at least 1 system so I know my way round it and can trouble shoot it when they phone up, luckily it means work pays for it. (All of £25 for an upgrade version, which by the way installs as a full version with no prior version required on the harddrives)

They said in the materials accompanying the disks that a previous version was required on the drive, or it wouldn't install. Begged the question of what to do if the drive fails. Anyway, you're saying Microsoft lied to us?? Wha????

They said in the materials accompanying the disks that a previous version was required on the drive, or it wouldn't install. Begged the question of what to do if the drive fails. Anyway, you're saying Microsoft lied to us?? Wha????

I have installed several versions (98SE/Me/7etc.) of Windows using an upgrade disc without having Windows previously installed on the HD. All it takes is having a disc of another, earlier Windows version, the upgrade install complains no OS installed and wants a disc to confirm you are indeed upgrading.

IIRC the upgrade EULA never state the previous OS has to actually be installed on the HD, just that you have an install disc.

It's been a few months.... anyone know anything new about Cinevia being hacked in software? TMT6 is out with Win8 support, by the way.

Back