• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Which is the best Anti Virus

I'm sure any AV company would claim that theirs is the best.

The question you should ask is "what AV would you recommend?".

If you practice safe computing, some would say you need not even have an AV product.

Regardless, I too use AVG - the free edition. I've not had any problems with it and have been running it for about 5 or 6 years now.

I have been using Webroot for quite a while, and yes it does cost, but it's kept me pretty clean, and I like the Cloud based updates and scan.

I like Avast and Malwarebites. It keeps my system running safely. (XP)

What is the best anti-virus program?

One that is as up-to-date. Most people install anti-virus and then forget to update the definitions and/or do a virus scan until after they get infected.

mine won't ^^ automatic updates not only for the definitions but also the program itself :)

There are lots of antivirus but i like or i think Avast is the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard nothing but bad things about AVG and how unstable it is, and how it screws up a lot of systems pretty bad.

I've given up on most AV programs and their massive local databases and the constant need to update them. I've been hit by stuff before that goes right through that.

I currently recommend zero day cloud based scanners. The databases are online, so no updating. They are always updated as soon as new stuff is discovered. Some of these programs will download a small database every few hours on their own to help detect the current top malware faster. They are also very small.

I'm currently using Webroot SecureAnywhere. The whole download is less than a megabyte, and the install ends up using only a few megabytes.

I use Avira with edit to stop the pops and windows defender and also "Hosts" edited to prevent pops and redirects from taking over my computer as well. So a A/V and malware will work but if you edit your hosts file that will kill most pops that come one other web sites trying to redirect or make you click on them thinking they are legit or giving you any relevant help. But I read that AVG has insider hacking or that someone inside has a grudge against AVG as the Virus that attacks it seems to knows what exact codes to go after. If that isn't scary enough one has to ask how secure is AVG now that it's got insiders attacking their own program?

Each to their own I say but been using KIS for 5+ years now.

Now that I've updated my main PC to Windows 8, I use a combination of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro and Windows Defender to protect my PC, along with SpywareBlaster and Spybot Search and Destroy.

When I had Windows Vista or 7, a combination of Windows MSE and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro was more than enough for me.

One nice feature

I've used Avira until the nag screens got too common, then used AVG for a bit but ended up with Avast. The one feature it has that (AFAIK) it has a built in remote access to allow two users to share screens/controls for assistance. This comes in handy for me when traveling as I have a VNC program set up that allows some family to get help from me while I'm at my home desktop, but any machine with Avast can get me the same controls when on the road.

Back