• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD: Elbys pending BD Backup Product: FEATURE DISCUSSION Topic v1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
ooh nice, here's to hopin i'll be one of the externals ^^

One more point needs to be made. Beta testing means exactly that...testing. That doesn't mean "oh good, a week of testing and it'll be released!" It means that they are looking for bugs. And if they find any, they have to be fixed BEFORE it's released to production. Frank is giving us this information to let us know there's progress being made, *NOT* to set some new artificial release date. That should be the end of this release date nonsense. SlySoft has been very good about providing information to us when there's information to share.

I can tell you that we will be doing aggressive internal beta testing starting the end of next week and after that time with selected, already-known-to-us external beta testers.

Maybe you should send a external beta copy to Verance and Sony beta testers to see if your new Slyce will be bullet proof.:D

I know Verance will bring out the BIG cannon if the Cinavia cure/fix/circumvention gets lift off down the road:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Slyce

I can't wait, but do have to for this. After upgrading computer, burners etc. I'm looking forward to backing up my br disks and being able to use them. I'll keep an "eye" out for the release. I appreciate your posting this information. We've been waiting with baited breath! :):disagree:

This sentence confuses me a little bit:

"However i can GUARANTEE that there will be a CloneDVD2 equivalent for blu-ray's. "

Are there 2 products? Or is this just a sentence saying that Slyce IS more-or-less CloneDVD 2?

Nope, its a correct sentence. Note the wording. "CloneDVD2 EQUIVALENT for blu-rays". But you are correct. Slyce IS cloneDVD2 but then as the line sais, for Blu-rays. Actually it's more than just like cloneDVD2, it's also like CloneDVD Mobile as slyce will be able to convert to files such as .avi (which is what clonedvd mobile does).

Nothing new. Beta testing is imminent. And no, you can't just join the beta. Lol. :)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

Couple questions?

1. It says in the first post that Slyce will be able to process ISO files directly. Does that mean we need to re-rip our Blu-ray ISO's with the protection removed or does Slyce hook-in with AnyDVD-HD directly?

2. Hardware requirements. Can we have a list of what the minimal hardware requirements will be?
Example:
- CPU(s) must support SSE2 or SSE3
- For video hardware decoding, you need a video card that supports either NVIDIA CUDA or ATI/AMD UVD2.

1) To use a protected ISO, you'll need to mount it. I don't know if Slyce will do that automagically or not. But mount it with VCD and let AnyDVD do its magic, then Slyce will work on it.

2) You pretty much hit the requirements. LOL

I think it says in the list on page one in this thread there is no need to mount an ISO to process in Slyce.

An unprotected one sure. They were specifically asking about protected ISOs though. Same deal there?

Settings / requirements

Couple questions?

Example:
- CPU(s) must support SSE2 or SSE3
- For video hardware decoding, you need a video card that supports either NVIDIA CUDA or ATI/AMD UVD2.

Nothing exotic any more than for AnyDVD HD and it will support Video Acceleration as needed. Here you can set Video Hardware Acceleration when you use one of the preview "player" options in Slyce.
Enabling this option tells the video adapter in your PC to do some of the video work playback and other animations.
Without it the cpu does it all and that can cause the machine to run slower doing other things.
For general information about DXVA Video Acceleration you find more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirectX_Video_Acceleration

System Requirements

IBM-compatible PC with a minimum 2 GHz Pentium-class microprocessor and 512 MB RAM
Windows 2000/XP/XP64/VISTA/VISTA64/Win7/Win7-64/Win8/Win8-64
A Blu-ray compliant drive is required.

Be nice to be in my hands to test this tomorrow being my Birthday tomorrow. Make a great gift. :)

Be nice to be in my hands to test this tomorrow being my Birthday tomorrow. Make a great gift. :)

Not likely, unless you are on the list of beta testers. Slyce hasn't even been released to the beta testers for mash-testing yet. Even if the package were officially given to the beta testers today it would be at least several weeks before it was considered good enough to go "Gold".

An unprotected one sure. They were specifically asking about protected ISOs though. Same deal there?
If you mount an ISO (protected or unprotected) in VCD, that should work in any ripper (including Slyce). That's almost certainly the only way to rip from protected ISOs as they must go thru AnyDVD HD to remove the protection.

Many rippers & players will "mount" unprotected ISOs internally without going thru VCD or other virtual drive software. I'm sure that's what Frank was talking about as a Slyce feature; if there's no protection to remove, it makes programming sense to bypass both VCD & AnyDVD HD so that Slyce can deal with the ISO directly. For protected ISOs, it makes no programming or business sense for SlySoft to bypass AnyDVD HD; it's easier to follow the usual processing chain (ISO > VCD > AnyDVD HD > Slyce).

Edit: Whether or not Win8's ability to mount ISOs directly affects this should not change the analysis. At most, Win8 would only assume the drive-emulation overhead VCD handled; that doesn't change the underlying issues.

Last edited:
I'm aware of all that which is why I said you'd likely need to mount protected isos. But then Frank sighed so I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back