• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ice Age: Continental Drift

Jeff R 1

I don't have this disc anymore, so if some one out there has this in a region "A" could you please post a log file of it. :) At the time I used the most recent version available _ 7.1.2.2
Speed menu allows me to play it, and I have enabled to keep the original menu, but ounce mounted TMT 5 freezes up after the 20th fox ID logo when I try to play it with the original menu.

I have one coming from e-bay and I will post log file then, if no one does it sooner.

Being a 20th century Fox disc, I am sure it's something to do with BD+ or some new encryption code that only speed menu will look after, but ounce I have a log file it would be nice to know what the problem is with the original menu.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Update: I burned the ISO files to disc and the original menu plays fine in my old Sony BDP S300, so it may the older version of TMT 5 that's the problem (5.2.1.120).

So with that said, the log file may not show any errors. Ounce I post the log file maybe it will show something.

Last edited:
Do you have access to TMT 5.3.1.146 (IIRC the last version before they added Cinavia)? That might help; so would a newer version IF you can live with Cinavia. (Hint: It shouldn't affect your Sony.) Newer Fox titles such as Prometheus have forced updates to commercial players--PDVD worse than TMT.

Yes I have 146, but I never liked it as it was missing a few features that are still present in 120, but I'll give it a try as a process of elimination.

This is looking more like a player problem rather then an ISO/AnyDVDHD problem, especially since I am the only one who's reported anything with this title.

Thanks for you help. ;)

I'll stick to TMT 5.0.1.114. Everything later only made it worse.

Same with PowerDVD, I stick with PowerDVD 10. Everything later (11, 12) only adds crap which is in my way (Moovie line, UPNP servers, bloatware crap) and makes the program almost unusable.

(EDIT: Personal rant... TMT 5.0.1.114 with the "don't change the refreshrate" hotfix, because the auto refreshrate switch is broken ... in *all* TMT versions, even the most recent versions. PowerDVD 12 isn't any better, it is broken, too. Unbelievable. I could program a working refreshrate switch for an existing player in less than a day. Everybody can do it. XBMC does it. Only ArcSoft and Cyberlink can't get it right ... for almost a year. Pathetic.)

Last edited:
Well you'd better get that "switch" into SlyPlayer then ;)

I'll stick to TMT 5.0.1.114. Everything later only made it worse.

Same with PowerDVD, I stick with PowerDVD 10. Everything later (11, 12) only adds crap which is in my way (Moovie line, UPNP servers, bloatware crap) and makes the program almost unusable.

(EDIT: Personal rant... TMT 5.0.1.114 with the "don't change the refreshrate" hotfix, because the auto refreshrate switch is broken ... in *all* TMT versions, even the most recent versions. PowerDVD 12 isn't any better, it is broken, too. Unbelievable. I could program a working refreshrate switch for an existing player in less than a day. Everybody can do it. XBMC does it. Only ArcSoft and Cyberlink can't get it right ... for almost a year. Pathetic.)

He He He !... That's funny, TMT auto refresh rate never did work with NVIDIA anyway, it was always grayed out since day one. I never liked Power DVD either _ any version, none of them worked with the frame interpolation feature on my projector. The most recent build of TMT (172) does not turn off Windows Aero any more in W8, I have to physically choose a basic theme. With my platform it has to be disabled, if it isn't I get jerky playback. This is to do more with the frame Interpolation again, if I shut it off every thing is fine.
XBMC works well all around, wish I would have found XBMC before spending my 50 bucks on TMT.

Well I have found that if I have a TV connected to my laptop (Which uses an Nvidia card) thru HDMI then TMT switches the refresh rate to whatever I'm watching, it just doesn't do it on the internal screen

Well I have found that if I have a TV connected to my laptop (Which uses an Nvidia card) thru HDMI then TMT switches the refresh rate to whatever I'm watching, it just doesn't do it on the internal screen
That is interesting... Jason has repeatedly said that the auto refresh rate is always grayed out with NVIDIA. Adbear, what version of card, and TMT are you using ?

Mine is quite old _ GT230M. And as far as TMT is concerned, it never worked, internal or projector.

Last edited:
Yes I have 146, but I never liked it as it was missing a few features that are still present in 120, but I'll give it a try as a process of elimination.

This is looking more like a player problem rather then an ISO/AnyDVDHD problem, especially since I am the only one who's reported anything with this title.

Thanks for you help. ;)

Installing a newer version of TMT 5 solved the problem, so I won't bother posting a log file unless some one requests it.

OT:
It's still pathetic. If TMT does something, it usually does it ... wrong.
UK BBC discs? European movies (24fps)? US movies (23.98fps)?

Installing a newer version of TMT 5 solved the problem, so I won't bother posting a log file unless some one requests it.
Just watch out for Cinavia titles; they won't play with AnyDVD HD active, even from the original disc. (The next TMT5 patch after 146 is where they added Cinavia.) Be sure you have access to either an older licensed player (TMT3, PDVD11 or less, etc.) or an unlicensed player (preferably XBMC 12.0/Frodo RC1, with Speedmenu active for all BD-Java titles).

Just watch out for Cinavia titles; they won't play with AnyDVD HD active, even from the original disc. (The next TMT5 patch after 146 is where they added Cinavia.) Be sure you have access to either an older licensed player (TMT3, PDVD11 or less, etc.) or an unlicensed player (preferably XBMC 12.0/Frodo RC1, with Speedmenu active for all BD-Java titles).

Ah yes, Cinavia, I know about that, TMT build .172...

I am still having some problems with XBMC and Eden edition, it will play fine for a while and depending on what settings I have chosen _ I get small jerky interruptions and some audio loss and then it will be fine for 5 or 10 minutes, (I am also not entirely sure if XBMC is compatible with Windows 8 ) but this is getting a bit of topic for AnyDVD HD. Ounce my ebay movie comes I can get started trouble shooting, but I can't do anything now with just the ISO files.

I am still having some problems with XBMC and Eden edition, it will play fine for a while and depending on what settings I have chosen _ I get small jerky interruptions and some audio loss and then it will be fine for 5 or 10 minutes, (I am also not entirely sure if XBMC is compatible with Windows 8 ) but this is getting a bit of topic for AnyDVD HD. Ounce my ebay movie comes I can get started trouble shooting, but I can't do anything now with just the ISO files.
You may want to try Frodo; though still in release-candidate status, they completely rewrote the audio engine to add HD audio support.

You may want to try Frodo; though still in release-candidate status, they completely rewrote the audio engine to add HD audio support.

Frodo is much better with only one drop in the audio and a slight freeze in the video.
I have to set a day aside and do some trouble shooting. When I get my disc from e-bay I will post a log file just to be sure there's nothing wrong with it, so I can remove that variable from the equation and start from there. There still may be a problem with the ISO files though _ I have been burning them to a duel layer rewritable Blu-ray and have been playing them on my stand-alone with 100% success until Ice Age 4. Near the end of the movie it started to jerk, drop frames and the audio would cut out now and then. May be the disc was defective and because it was a rental, we may never know, but I will start fresh with a new disc.

Frodo also has a problem in the fact that it won't play the ISO files of Batman, The Dark Night Returns _ it shows the speed menu and when I try and play it, nothing happens.

Any further discussion about XBMC I am going to start a new thread over in High Definition Software and quite possibly over at XBMC.
Thanks for you input on this.

Last edited:
Hi there,

I have exactly the same problems with WinDVD Pro 11 and this disk. It can be played on my older standalone Denon BD Player without network connection but it stops playing on my PC.
It plays the Fox intro but then it stops or hangs forever. On my standalone player it takes some time and then a small animated Fox logo is shown and the disk is played.

I have deinstalled AnyDVD and I get the same behavior on my PC.

My question is now, is this a problem of AnyDVD or WinDVD :confused:

This is the only Blu-Ray, I can not play on my PC. All others work fine. AnyDVD reports BD+ removed but it still doesn't play the disk.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.1.3.0_Info_I_ICE_AGE_4.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
If it does the same thing with AnyDVD uninstalled then it's the playback software

Isn't it...:agree:

I think so too. I already opened a case at Corel but things are moving there quite slow - asked me twice in one week via e-mail to update my graphics driver etc.

Thank you.

Isn't it...:agree:

I think so too. I already opened a case at Corel but things are moving there quite slow - asked me twice in one week via e-mail to update my graphics driver etc.

Thank you.

I installed a trial of WinDVD and it does exactly the same thing _ plays the Fox Intro and hangs. Tried it with Speed Menu and it still hangs.

TMT5 works with build 5.3.1.172, with or with out Speed Menu.

Earlier builds of TMT5 work (146, 144), but those builds have trouble playing this disc, at around 1 hour and 11 minutes in it pauses for a fraction of a second and continues. This behavior happens randomly through out the disc near the end, but always does it at around 1 hour and 11 minutes, give or take.

My guess is WinDVD doesn't like these newer Fox discs either. And since there hasn't been an official patch to WinDVD in over a year, I wonder if Corel decided to stop maintaining it rather than add Cinavia.

XBMC 12.0/Frodo is now on RC2. Install it, turn Speedmenu on (XBMC doesn't support BD-Java menus), and see if that works.

Back