• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD: Elbys pending BD Backup Product: FEATURE DISCUSSION Topic v1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that there will be some type of disc error correction or something that will continue to read the disc. Does Clonedvd do this? I hope this will be in Slyce?

With limits

There are things that will get ignored and AnyDVD does this today, but there are limits. CloneDVD will flag READ errors according to Windows I/O rules.
Where do you draw the line? Ignore too many errors and you affect the playing quality and then the Cassandra scream loud "Too many ignored errors!!!!", and so on. No, we'll leave it as it is, thank you. Up to a certain point and then if it runs into the wall it's over, period.

Last edited:
There are things that will get ignored and AnyDVD does this today, but there are limits. CloneDVD will flag READ errors according to Windows I/O rules.
Where do you draw the line? Ignore too many errors and you affect the playing quality and then the Cassandra scream loud "Too many ignored errors!!!!", and so on. No, we'll leave it as it is, thank you. Up to a certain point and then if it runs into the wall it's over, period.

True. Then it takes a extremely long time to copy a movie. :bang:

I hope that there will be some type of disc error correction or something that will continue to read the disc.
If you have a problematic disc, the best ripper I've found that keeps re-trying is IsoPuzzle. An ancient program but it works:

1. Upon hitting an error, it will try a few times and then skip-over it to try again on another pass (keeps looping)

2. It has a "cool-down" feature that will pause the process rather than burn-out your drive

3. You can tell it to quit after a certain period, or keep trying forever

4. It maintains a logfile to keep track of the errors it's found, so you can

- Move the whole rip attempt process to another PC, or

- Re-try the rip process on the initial PC but using another read drive

Usually IME a bad disc remains a bad disc i.e. can't be ripped, but once it a while it works and when it does it's a godsend.

You do have to manually tell your PC to "don't Sleep/Hibernate" lest W7 goes bye-bye while IsoPuzzle is trying to work.

:)

Slyce

When does it come out!!! I will purchase right away!! It will make a nice Christmas present!!!:clap::bowdown::agree:

One of these days, I'm gonna have to try to carry on a conversation with a wall :bang:

I hope that there will be some type of disc error correction or something that will continue to read the disc. Does Clonedvd do this? I hope this will be in Slyce?

AnyDVD does this optionally, when creating an image.

Looking forward to this on release, finally a BD equivalent of CloneDVD, no more dodgy ads on BD backups, no more FBI warning screens, and removal of all copyright screens and the bloatware as well. Im sure the studios wont like this one bit :) Go slysoft.

Still working on it. That's not changed.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

Obviously the "December" release is fiction as it's mid month and no Joy. Most of the Christmas Shopping has gone by, so the commercial splash available to Slysoft is as well, and Father Time will soon turn the page on 2012.

What's your point exactly? We have a December release date and we still have half the month left. Have you paid in advance for the product? I don't think so!

Don't you think Slysoft want to release it more than any of us? They'll be getting our money after all! I for one am glad they don't release it before they're happy with it and before getting rid of the majority of bugs.

I'd surely appreciate more feedback from Slysoft as to the product's progress but that's one thing and what you're rambling is quite another. No one owes you anything and in fact, you don't owe Slysoft anything in return. If you feel cheated in any way, you're free to move on to a product that suits your needs.

OK, listen up

I am tired of this doomsday talk that pops up too often. The American space program also suffered delays in spite of a cast of thousands of engineers and developers. We have a few over-worked/stressed developers working on this product. This is not IBM.

We are in the 11th hour with Slyce and we know it. We have not asked anyone to sign up or pay up front.
We have run into some last minute delays and rather than release an inferior not ready product we will see this through to the end. And when we are ready with the first beta we'll announce it, period.

Nay-sayers: go away.

A quick question regarding Slyce's automatic main movie selection - Will it be able to do this from an already ripped unprotected ISO too or will the Original disc have to be used again?

Frank said that Slyce is almost ready for Beta testing. I don't know how many testers will be involved but I would guess that beta testing will take awhile to complete. So, I think anyone who was hoping a 2012 final release was coming may have to rethink that. Maybe I am interpreting that statement incorrectly. I am not trying to be a naysayer only commenting on the ramifications of that statement. If I am incorrect I apologize.

I hate to say it, but I will. With the upcoming holidays I'd rather have you guys spend the time with your family and friends instead of going into the office and working longer hours trying to squash some of the bugs that will be reported once it hits mass release (and mass configurations). I, for one, as a Slysoft customer, would prefer you to spend your time, at this time of the year, with your loved ones and not trying to make me happy.

Happy holidays to you and your crew Frank.

Will Slyce support a .m2ts as input file and will it support 3D .iso as input file?

M2ts as input, currently no. 3d ISO as input, yes. 3d backup, currently no. It will ignore the said folder.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

Slyce Wishlist

I'm going to be the 1st to post a wish here. I PMed James about this a while back, but heard nothing.

I have ordered a HP ProLient N40L microserver. It will run Windows Server 2012 datacentre edition, I will build in a Blu-ray drive with AnyDVD HD running. The wish is when I insert a disk, then this is automatically visible for my DLNA clients (main movie is fine).

There are other softwares on the market PS3 media server, MakeMKV that all try to do this (and fail, especially on seamless branching titles).

This is especially important for me to do as newer disks are not playing on my Oppo (need a FW update, which I'm not willing to do). Also good for streaming to wireless clients & rooms with no BD at all.

Can't wait

So excited to see this is almost ready. I am ready to start beta testing again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back