• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Need Blu-Ray Copy info

Jalex

I just bought a new 3.4g Intel quad-core with Asus Z77 Sabertooth.
I have never copied any Blu-ray at all and I would like to know what I will need for software to do this. I have some 25Gb discs but it looks like most Blu-ray discs will need to be compressed to fit on these.
Evenually I want to be able to copy 3D blu-rays as well.

I have never copied any Blu-ray at all and I would like to know what I will need for software to do this. I have some 25Gb discs but it looks like most Blu-ray discs will need to be compressed to fit on these.

Slysoft is working on a Blu-Ray program, but if you can't wait you can try BDRebuilder http://www.jdobbs.com/

Well if you can live with the price of 50Gig BD and use Imgburn along with Anydvd HD to create the image and Imgburn to burn back to the BD media either 25Gig or 50Gig and you should be back in business. Why cause that is what I currently use for my setup until they come out with a BD program that can copy and comprise the BD media or allows me to strip BD to just the movie itself.

Don't waste your money on dodgy software like 'Best Blu-ray ripper', for the moment just use AnyDVD HD to decrypt and BD rebuilder if you want to shrink it

Don't waste your money on dodgy software like 'Best Blu-ray ripper', for the moment just use AnyDVD HD to decrypt and BD rebuilder if you want to shrink it

Thanks Adbear
I have Anydvd HD now but I still haven't made any back-ups.
I have ImgBurn and BD Rebuilder and I was trying to compress to a 25GB disk and so far I haven't gotten them small enough. The mode that says custom 23Gb in the menu errors when it tries to encode the video.

The ones I was playing with are all 3d movies. Could this be the reason?
I am also still unsure what Player I should get to play them.

3D = no shrink

3D movies will not shrink so you'll need the 50GB route

Thanks Adbear
I have Anydvd HD now but I still haven't made any back-ups.
I have ImgBurn and BD Rebuilder and I was trying to compress to a 25GB disk and so far I haven't gotten them small enough. The mode that says custom 23Gb in the menu errors when it tries to encode the video.

The ones I was playing with are all 3d movies. Could this be the reason?
I am also still unsure what Player I should get to play them.

3D movies at the present time can't be compressed successfully without either errors during the encoding process or losing the 3D playability. You might want to invest in a few 50GB BD blanks so you can still get a back up.

I have backed up a lot of my movies using AnyDVD and CloneDVD2. With having two optical drives I can go from one disk to the other with no issues. I have never done a blue ray backup. I have two blue ray optical drives in my new PC but from reading this thread it seems its a bit more work doing BDs.

From what I read here, one first rips the BD to the HDD using AnyDVD HD, then compresses it with DVD Rebuilder, then burns it to the blank 25GB BD-R with ImgBurn? All three programs are needed? Is this correct?

Should be BD rebuilder though, not DVD rebuilder

Should be BD rebuilder though, not DVD rebuilder

Roger that..........I did install BD Rebuilder and all its little necessary sidekick programs and ImgBurn is running its verification of the burn as I post this.....hope it is a successful backup. First Blue Ray back up....

Zeta, how did it work out for you? I did my first to a single layer DVD-R. A jitter here and there but pretty good. Mainly just wanted to try the process out for later.

I have backed up a lot of my movies using AnyDVD and CloneDVD2. With having two optical drives I can go from one disk to the other with no issues. I have never done a blue ray backup. I have two blue ray optical drives in my new PC but from reading this thread it seems its a bit more work doing BDs.

From what I read here, one first rips the BD to the HDD using AnyDVD HD, then compresses it with DVD Rebuilder, then burns it to the blank 25GB BD-R with ImgBurn? All three programs are needed? Is this correct?

Yes That is what I am trying to do but so far I haven't made a successful one.
I have made many copies as well.

You said you have a new computer. I do too. Here is another interesting one for you. I have two 2-TB drives. One is a SATA 2 and the other is SATA 3. There are so many variables like bad DVD_R's and alike that I am not sure what was happening but ClloneDVD2 was making bad disks by sometimes failing the write. When I moved the image file to the SATA 2 drive it seems to be working fine now. I also have 2 Rom drives and one is Blu-ray but I didn't try writing directly to my second drive. Like I said it's a Quad Asus Sabertooth Z77. I am going to try the BR-Rebuilder on the SATA 2 drive and see if that effects it''s failing too next.
Here is what I was getting CloneDVD2 would always Read the dvd perfectly. When the message came up that says to put in recordable media I put in a blank DVD and the progress bar never started up and after waiting a while it would say it failed. The disks looked like they only had a few lines written on them but of course were no good anymore. Again this has nothing to do with my Blu-ray problem. Right now I am just trying to learn how to do that. It looks much easier if you don't have to compress.

Br backcups

Okay, Been waiting for quite awhile for the ability to B/U BR's using slysoft or clone. Been a LONG time user and want to know when is it coming? I've been hearing soon for awhile now. I have not been able to figure out the other way using BRBuilder and imgburn etc. or whatever you call these other s/w products. I believe in supporting the company that has been there for me in the past.

Paleeze hurring.

Okay, Been waiting for quite awhile for the ability to B/U BR's using slysoft or clone. Been a LONG time user and want to know when is it coming? I've been hearing soon for awhile now. I have not been able to figure out the other way using BRBuilder and imgburn etc. or whatever you call these other s/w products. I believe in supporting the company that has been there for me in the past.

Paleeze hurring.

According to Slysoft, Slyce, their BD back up software WILL BE RELEASED in the fourth quarter of 2012. That is ALL what they said. So we don't have much longer to wait (it can't be any later than December 31, 2012). Right now, according to Slysoft, they are having Slyce translated into the different languages they will be supporting. I would also guess they are still trying to stomp out all the bugs to make it allot more stable than the other BD backup/copying products out on the market. That's why Slysoft products are ALWAYS better than the rest. Remember, patients is a virtue, and when Slyce is finally released on or before December 31, 2012, eveyone will, again, realize why Slysoft ALWAYS have the better products in the world. If, on January 1, 2102, Slyce hasn't been released, Slysoft will look like they are unable to produce a promise product on time. Then they can't keep telling their loyal, faithful and paying supporters that Slyce isn't ready to be released because they are having technical difficulties they are trying to work out. But since this isn't how Slysoft does business, this will NEVER happen. So, start saving your money NOW, so you can purchase Slyce the day it will be released to the world! ! !:rock:

Back