• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD with Nero Software?

bobjtx

I read the FAQ about using Nero software with AnyDVD, but I still have a question, as an issue has just appeared when I upgraded to anydvd v7.0.6.0.

I use the rip to hard drive feature of AnyDVD to rip to the hard drive. Then I want to shrink it using DVDshrink. Then burn with Nero ROM and/or view with Nero Showtime. I run AnyDVD in a Parallels Win XP virtual environment on a MacBook Pro. In the past this has always worked flawlessly. However since upgrading to v7.0.6.0 I have noticed that sometimes DVDShrink reports an invalid DVD structure when I try to use it on the ripped files. Same for Nero Showtime (DVD Player). Ok, ater reading the FAQ I thought the Nero software simply could not handle the new DVDs. But then I tried playing the DVD DISK using nero showtime and it works fine. Hmmm. Why does the ripped version on the hard drive give Nero Showtime and DVDShrink a problem when the DISK version doesn't?

Also, is it possible to install an older version of AnyDVD to see if the issues were there in earlier versions? If so, I would be happy to test this. BTW, I have had this same issue appear with Young Justice Season 1: Vol 4, John Carter, and Journey 2 Mysterious Island (all disks I hae tried to backup ater upgrading to AnyDVD v7.0.6.0). Note that I did not have this issue with disks 1-3 of Young Justice that I backed up before upgrading to AnyDVD 7.0.6.0. First post, so if I have missed some info you need, let me know.
Thanks,

This is a problem that has been known long before 7.0.6.0, and no it isn't a problem with AnyDVD but with Nero. And DVD-Shrink and other 3rd party tools.

From another thread Frank (Slysoft Support so he knows what he is saying) has this to say about the situation:

Why didn't you tell us you were using an OEM burn product?
This kind of thing will happen more often as time goes on, so get used to it when you use an OEM burning product.
And it does not matter if it worked in the past directly with AnyDVD.
Most OEM/third-party burn programs or processing software will NOT support on-the-fly READ and then WRITE, especially with newer DVDs.
This means you will run into problems trying to use AnyDVD in the background with these products since they can not handle newer sector protections like CloneDVD2 can.

Products like Shrink, 123, DVD X Copy, 1Click, Roxio, I Copy, Nero, and other products will fail with (for example):
- "DVD could not be imported because the ...",
-"Burning Error"
- "Disc error", "fail to read from drive...." or
" dvd shrink has encountered an error and cannot continue. Failed to read file. "
"Invalid DVD navigation structure"
"encrypted" or
"CSS not removed"
"Copy Protection Error"
"Overlap" or
"Out of memory" or
"invalid access to memory location."
"The V_ADMAP table is corrupt", etc, etc, etc.

Things like "dvd structure appears to be corrupt",
"Copy protection error - the read failed because the section is encrypted".
"this dvd can not be read. please try another dvd."
"AVS still present, blah blah"
or whatever may also appear..

You will need to use the "rip video DVD to hard disc..." option on the right mouse click menu on the AnyDVD tray fox icon and then burn from the Hard Drive and NOT the DVD.

We offer CloneDVD2 as the ideal partner product for AnyDVD as it does not have this limitation.

I read the FAQ about using Nero software with AnyDVD, but I still have a question, as an issue has just appeared when I upgraded to anydvd v7.0.6.0.

I use the rip to hard drive feature of AnyDVD to rip to the hard drive. Then I want to shrink it using DVDshrink. Then burn with Nero ROM and/or view with Nero Showtime.

So longs as you rip to harddisk and not image with AnyDVD... the output folder should work fine with DVDShrink and then into Nero to burn.

I've done this for YEARS with no issues.....

You need to submit a LOGFILE for the disk in question to get a real answer here.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=52659

-W

Last edited:
Today, i have try to backup an original dvd9 (Hugo R2) to empty dvd9,with nero express (meanwhile anydvd 7.0.6.4 runs in the backround ...)

The DVD was backuped with no problem :)
I tested it and in to my pc and in to my stant alone dvd player and played with no problem.

Perhaps this is another way to take a perfect 1:1 backup copy

Last edited by a moderator:
Today, i have try to backup an original dvd9 (Hugo R2) to empty dvd9,with nero express (meanwhile anydvd 7.0.6.4 runs in the backround ...)

The DVD was backuped with no problem :)
I tested it and in to my pc and in to my stant alone dvd player and played with no problem.

Perhaps this is another way to take a perfect 1:1 backup copy

Yes... if you're going to a DVD9 it usually works.
Not so sure if AnyDVD reports structural protections if that would work though.
-W

Yes... if you're going to a DVD9 it usually works.
Not so sure if AnyDVD reports structural protections if that would work though.
-W

That's why i use Hugo for testing.Because it has a lot of protections,but the result is a backuped copy with no problems :D

P.S i post the reports of the backuped and the original dvd to make the comparison

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.0.6.4_Info_D_HUGO (backup).zip
    219 KB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_7.0.6.4_Info_D_HUGO (original).zip
    663.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by a moderator:
I currently rip to hard disc (the video_ts folder not an iso inage) then use Nero Recode to select just the main movie (Or I sometimes load the whole disc into Recode) then let Recode do it's work to convert to single layer then burn the DVD to disc. 99% of the time I just let Recode shrink the main movie to a single layer disc then burn it as I get less compression then having Recode shrink down the entire disc. Of course I lose the menu by just having the main movie but that doesn't bother me at all.

As much as I Like using Nero Recode I might still try Clone DVD some day as it can do the same thing as Recode with discs ripped to the hard disc.

As much as I Like using Nero Recode I might still try Clone DVD some day as it can do the same thing as Recode with discs ripped to the hard disc.

Nero Recode has better compression algorithms than Clone DVD - this gives you better quality on titles that need a lot of compression.

DVDShrink is the parent of Nero Recode - and even more quality available with everything turned on.

-W

Nero Recode has better compression algorithms than Clone DVD - this gives you better quality on titles that need a lot of compression.

DVDShrink is the parent of Nero Recode - and even more quality available with everything turned on.

-W

Thanks, I didn't know that.

Nero (Not what it used to be)

-W

I have been a long time user of Nero, changed from version 8 to 11 recently.

The latest version lacks functionality that version 8 and even DVD shrink had (ability to trim titles & end credits).

Also curiously burnt DVD5 backups play on my Panasonic blue ray player, however they will not play on my Sony DAV-IS10.

If i burn using CloneDVD they play fine on both.

I am even seeing this problem using image burn lately, no idea why!!.

Appears to have other problems as well...

It seems I am having problems with BD/DVD players as well as Nero Showtime not being able to play the ripped movies. I should have mentioned this earlier, but didn't think of it. It seems that there is no Menu screen. I can hear the music playing when the DVD reaches the menu, and pressing enter will take me to the default title, but I can not get the DVD menu to display. I will try re-ripping (TS_Folder) with 7.0.70 to see if things have improved. I never did see an answer to my earlier question about "going backwards" to an older release of AnyDVD. Is this possible? Can I install for example, 7.0.5.0 to see if the problem goes away, or will this mess up the installation files?

Thanks,
Bobjtx

Nero 12 Platinum HD + AnyDVD HD

These two work like a charm. I'm regularly making Nero AVC H.246 2 Pass files with these. It takes about 24 hours.
Prometheus, when ripped to the hard drive was 44.4GB.
Nero 12 Platinum HD - AVC H.246 HQ 2 Pass = 14GB
I also own DivX Convertor, which I set to take it down to 4GB max, for storage on a FAT32 Drive, such as the Playstation 3's.
The quality is almost exactly the same as the original, but one tenth of the size.
If it wasn't for Nero, and it's advanced quality controls, after the final recode with DivX, it's not half as good.
I've tried Handbrake and all the other freeware. And Nero pays for itself year after year. I also has a really good bluray player built in now.
Hope this helps. :D

Back