• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The hunger games is protected, it contains playlist obfuscation

...or you can create the *.bdmv files to simply play 00665.mpls (this is what I did). Of course you loose all the FBI warnings, trailers and menu.

Attachments

• HUNGER_GAMES.zip
    444 bytes · Views: 127
Last edited:
At least for now, Speedmenus are the only way to play Hunger Games Blu-ray with AnyDVD on.
Fix for "normal" disc playback will follow next week.

Ok fair enough. But as I intend to play it on my popcorn hour c200 media player will the rip to image full disc thing work ok?

Yes it will. You still need to manually select playlist 665 from the SpeedMenu though.

Use AnyDVD 7.0.6.4

AnyDVD 7.0.6.4 fixes this disc fully.

Previous versions would - under most circumstances - corrupt the correct main playlist 00665.mpls. Depending on how your player/tool handles corrupted files, you may or may not have been successful anyway.
PowerDVD, for example, reverts to loading the BACKUP copy of the 00665.mpls, so PowerDVD would play that disc using AnyDVD 7.0.6.3 ok.
TMT failed, as ArcSoft probably only decides to read BACKUP files on filesystem level (e.g. after actual read errors).

This applies to both SpeedMenu and normal full disc mode.

I really have to comment on one thing at this point: this protection has always been a problem for honest, paying consumers, who just want a region free disc or want to store the movie on HDD.
Not so much for criminal pirates, as all they have to do, is find out the correct playlist and go from there.
That's inherent in the structure of this protection.

What I don't get: this particular disc has 62 playlists, that "could" be the main movie. Sounds intimidating at first, but for reasons that totally escape me, it has a full set of 10 identical playlists, that ARE versions of the correct playlist. So chances are roughly 1:6, if you're trying to find any correct main movie playlist (one of 76, 108, 447, 462, 565, 665, 832, 843, 876, 971).
Maybe Sony DADC has a deal with the pirates, not to make it too difficult for them, I don't know...

So I can now just rip the full disc as a image using anydvd hd as an ISo file and it will b fine on my media player (popcorn Hour c200)??

So I can now just rip the full disc as a image using anydvd hd as an ISo file and it will b fine on my media player (popcorn Hour c200)??

Yes.........

Where are you getting this disc of Hunger Games from to even rip to hard drive, it isn't released here in the North American continent until August 18 ?

I went to Blu-ray.com and the earliest release date is in Australia on August 17, most are the 18th and a number of them are in early September.

It sounds to me that everyone here is trying to rip a pirated copy.

Which begs the question, where is the Slysoft team getting there copy from ??

http://www.blu-ray.com/search/?quicksearch=1&section=bluraymovies&quicksearch_keyword=hunger games&quicksearch_country=all

What am I missing ?

Slysoft doesn't have a copy, but they have logfiles. ;)

Who does have a copy are the people who work in target, bestbuy, walmart and many other retailers that walk around boxes full of the DVD or BD out back in the warehouse.

Warehouse ----> Employee -----> Logfile -----> Slysoft

Thats what you are missing.

Who does have a copy are the people who work in target, bestbuy, walmart and many other retailers that walk around boxes full of the DVD or BD out back in the warehouse.

Not to mention reviewers who get advance copies from the studios, as well as certain e-tailers who ship orders to overseas customers as soon as they arrive from the warehouse. SlySoft isn't ignoring the pirates, however; that's why they don't put out new-release fixes QUITE as fast as they used to--say, a few days in advance instead of a few weeks. ;)

Not to mention reviewers who get advance copies from the studios, as well as certain e-tailers who ship orders to overseas customers as soon as they arrive from the warehouse. SlySoft isn't ignoring the pirates, however; that's why they don't put out new-release fixes QUITE as fast as they used to--say, a few days in advance instead of a few weeks. ;)

Correct. Honest, paying customers like you and me are not the ones putting the latest movie on torrent sites and what not, and I commend Slysoft for releasing the fix for the latest DVD/Blu-ray disc only a few days before its release date.

:clap:

FreezingInCanada ???? What part of Canada are you from ? I am on the South end of Vancouver Island, BC in a small town named Lake Cowichan _ it got up to 33 degrees here today ! 8)

Anyways, yes that makes sense, but they really shouldn't be going into the stock like that, they could get them selves into a bit of trouble _ it's their choice though. I know when Block Buster was here in Canada I would often talk to the owner about things and she told me that she used to go around and make sure that no stock appeared on the shelf before release day _ she was out for blood.
My point being that there are always people around making sure that others play by the rules.

Come Saturday I will be renting it and tranfering it to my hard drive so I can watch it when I want to, thanks to SlySoft and those daring employees Wal-Mart, Target... etc...

Last edited:
By any chance will the Australian/Region B disc been fixed or are you waiting on a logfile for it??

If it has not been fixed can I just make a 1 to 1 leaving encryption intact and then re-rip when it is fixed??

By any chance will the Australian/Region B disc been fixed or are you waiting on a logfile for it??

If it has not been fixed can I just make a 1 to 1 leaving encryption intact and then re-rip when it is fixed??

There is only one way to find out if it has been fixed and that is to try it with the latest version. If it doest behave like it should then it hasn't been fixed. You do a protected rip then yes bit until someone will insert the physical disc that matches your rip, anydvd won't be able to decrypt it as there is certain info it needs to decrypt that is only available on the actual physical media that even a 1:1 protected rip cannot provide.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

It's easy to see if it's been fixed. Üress the default button in AnyDVD and play the original. When you get to the main movie, press the >| (skip chapter button). If this does not work, then you still have an issue. You can also press the >> button and after a few moments you'll see the 'continue movie' logo.

When the fix is finally working, you can simply substitute the X:\BDMV\JAR\*.JAR folder from your original to your hard drive copy.

Where are you getting this disc of Hunger Games from to even rip to hard drive, it isn't released here in the North American continent until August 18 ?

I went to Blu-ray.com and the earliest release date is in Australia on August 17, most are the 18th and a number of them are in early September.

It sounds to me that everyone here is trying to rip a pirated copy.

Which begs the question, where is the Slysoft team getting there copy from ??

http://www.blu-ray.com/search/?quicksearch=1&section=bluraymovies&quicksearch_keyword=hunger games&quicksearch_country=all

What am I missing ?
What you re missing are distributors who get the discs early and are allowed to ship them out to foreign buyers before the official release date, I've bought hundreds of Blu-rays through DVDworldUSA who have been known to ship discs up to 4 weeks early, all legal and above board.

When the fix is finally working, you can simply substitute the X:\BDMV\JAR\*.JAR folder from your original to your hard drive copy.

Not quite sure I follow this last line, so you mean once a fix is working the only thing I need to rerip/copy from the original is the \BDMV\JAR\*.JAR ???? I take it I would still not be able to do this from an iso of the original with default settings and then rip to iso and keep encryption??

I may not have access to the original if something happens to it once I back it up.

Not quite sure I follow this last line, so you mean once a fix is working the only thing I need to rerip/copy from the original is the \BDMV\JAR\*.JAR ???? I take it I would still not be able to do this from an iso of the original with default settings and then rip to iso and keep encryption??

No, this is no longer true for recent ScreenPass versions.
Create protected images and you should be safe.

serie@ I've managed to do The Hunger Games do you know how I've did it First you think that you're copying the Film only then use file by file because there's a file that when you ELIMINATE IT U can make a copy of it So check the files that are inserted in the disc and find the ONE that has the BUG and U can do it My Friend serie

What you re missing are distributors who get the discs early and are allowed to ship them out to foreign buyers before the official release date, I've bought hundreds of Blu-rays through DVDworldUSA who have been known to ship discs up to 4 weeks early, all legal and above board.

Apparently this does not apply to Amazon.co.uk as when I ordered a region "B" from them and asked it to be shipped early, they refused.

But then again is Amazon considered a distributor or a seller _ or is there a difference ? Maybe they don't know the laws themselves.

The next time I need a hard to find title I will try DVDworldUSA _ didn't know about them. 8)

Back