• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Will CloneDVD Mobile ouput 5.1 audio

Shaynec

I have had a lifetime subscription to the Slysoft software for a couple of years now, and typically been happy. Now I am trying to rip my DVD collection to my hard drive as avi or some other fairly portable format.

I want compressed files (ie not 7-8 GB, closer to 2 or less), and I want 5.1 audio. It looks like CloneDVD Mobile is the best answer by Slysoft, but I cannot get it to do an avi with 5.1 audio. I have tried setting up devices with several different profiles posted in several different threads on these forums, only to find that these profiles will only work in 1.201 beta, not in the current release or beta versions. Am I missing something?

I am not looking for a multiple program/ multiple step procedure (ie CloneDVD with custom compression, then convert with CloneDVD Mobile - too complex). I want something my wife can do with little fuss.

So, simple question time. Will any of the current versions of CloneDVD Mobile do what I want, or do I need to find another piece of software that does?

Yes it will

Even though the intent of a "mobile" product is to produce good stuff for mobile devices, CloneDVD mobile will let you "pass" the 5.1 parameters through from source to target. Just use the VOB Passthru option.

Ok, tried it...

Thanks a lot for the fast response!

Tried ripping to a vob using the beta 1802 build. The pretty blue light on my receiver didn't light up, and I did not get sound out of the rear speakers. I also tried ripping with a competitors program. My blue light did come on, and I got appropriate sound out of the rear speakers, so I know my hardware is ok. However, since I already have CloneDVD Mobile, I'd rather not buy a competitors program if I can help it.

Tried ripping to vob with the last stable release as well, 1800 build, and got the same results. I was very careful to choose the AC3/6 audio steam. Double checked it before continuing.

So, what am I doing wrong with the audio?

The other issue is that the resulting files from both releases are honkin' big; 5 GB as compared to the <2GB I get with other programs. I haven't compared video quality; I suspect the vobs will be superior there, but that's not my concern; space is. I like the compression I get with AVI from CloneDVD Mobile, but want that plus 5.1 audio.

So, in short, still not getting 5.1 audio for some reason, and the file size of the vob is too big. Any other ideas?

Still no response...

So I bought DVDFab 8 DVD Ripper. It does the job quite well, giving me an AVI file typically less than 2 GB, with 5.1 audio, and some nice options for generating subtitles. The program isn't perfect (ie every 4th or 5th dvd I had to restart the program as it appeared to stall). I was able to chug through my 120 ish DVDs pretty quickly, taking around 30 mins each on my slowest PC, and about 9 minutes each on my fastest (I have several PCs, the slowest being dual core with an nVidia 9800).

Hated to spend the $$$, but wanted faster action than I was getting here.

have fun with this buggy crap!
DVDbug 8 has more bugs as you can find in a forest...

clonedvd mobile can output 5.1 with an avi, but only with v1201 or the latest version with this modifikation:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=51873

but there is no response, this is simple to fix but looks like clonedvd mobile is just a 3rd level product...
first level is anydvd and clonedvd

DVDFab8 is buggy, but it works

Well, the title says it all. If CloneDVD Mobile will do the job, how to make it work needs to be put in one place and stickey'd. I am not the only person that has tried to do what I was unable to do with CloneDVD Mobile.

Where I will heartily agree that the software from Slysoft is much less buggy, the way to make a reasonably small avi with 5.1 is easy with DVDFab8, where to this point I haven't been able to 1) get it to work, or 2) get a straight answer on how to make it work with CloneDVD Mobile. Having said this, I did not test what you posted, as I already have a working solution.

Hi

With "buggy crap" and dvdbug" i mean dvdfab and NOT software from slysoft!

Dvdbug=dvdfab
Dvdfab has 1000000bugs in just ONE RELEASE , slysoft maybe 1-2

the linked thread use a modifed device.ini and the avi overhead wirh this ini js the only bug i have found

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk

OK, then ask for a response...

... but there is no response, this is simple to fix but looks like clonedvd mobile is just a 3rd level product...
first level is anydvd and clonedvd

OK, then let's step up to this issue. Open a support ticket. Supply a log txt attachment with this problem and then let Fernando decide. I'm sure he'll want to know more about your opinion about how this is so important and so easy to fix.

I do not remember one single ticket in Support for this scenario except for one long ago and Fernando refused to support that special modified profile.

OK, then let's step up to this issue. Open a support ticket. Supply a log txt attachment with this problem and then let Fernando decide. I'm sure he'll want to know more about your opinion about how this is so important and so easy to fix.

I do not remember one single ticket in Support for this scenario except for one long ago and Fernando refused to support that special modified profile.
hi frank

i open a supportticket 2 weeks ago, (german) but still no answer about that!
this post is a statment BEFORE i know thats ffmeg is the main encoder from mobile and slysoft dumped the mencoder.exe
with mencoder you can use a command to remove the overhead!

and important is this for me (and MANY other users!, im not the only one who ask for 5.1 support) because i use clonedvd mobile for my media center!
my favorite is divx, so i can save hdd space, but what is a movie in 2.0 MP3?
in 2.0 there is NO feeling...

OK, it's getting checked

Fernando will look into this mystery overhead issue.

Others have gotten 5.1 to work just fine w/ VOB-pass-hrough but this is simply not the main intent of this product and we support it as problems come up.

100% of all Support ticket users asking about 5.1 go away happy with the VOB pass-thru solution so all this "sky is falling" talk comes as a surprise.

Sorry you did not get good results with the German ticket. That surprises me.

We'll look into that. Fernando has said so. But this GREAT need is simply not visible to me. Sorry.

Sorry you did not get good results with the German ticket. That surprises me.

no problem, i received no confirmation as usual (the 2nd time!) maybe slysoft never receive my message.
maybe i have found a bug in the support system too :D

Fernando will look into this mystery overhead issue.

Others have gotten 5.1 to work just fine w/ VOB-pass-hrough but this is simply not the main intent of this product and we support it as problems come up.

100% of all Support ticket users asking about 5.1 go away happy with the VOB pass-thru solution so all this "sky is falling" talk comes as a surprise.

We'll look into that. Fernando has said so. But this GREAT need is simply not visible to me. Sorry.

i hope fernando can find the isse, this overhead bug affected not only my 5. profil. SOMETIME i get unplayabe avi's with the standard generic profil (divx) too! ((2 from 40 files)

But this GREAT need is simply not visible to me. Sorry.
every man is different :)
i never buy a dvd (or BD) without 5.1 multichannel and never watch movies in TV (i have no digital tv with 5.1 support) :)

5.1 is a must have, the sound quality is more important for me than the quality of the films!
Sometimes I buy a movie just because of dts audio

Dolby Digital 5.1 on AppleTV

I don't understand the instructions in this post and have seen others asking about AppleTV. I have a 720p AppleTV and use it to watch DVDs. However, I'm starting to be really upset about missing the dolby digital and would like to know how to use CloneDVDmobile to produce an mp4 file that I can import into iTunes for playback on the AppleTV.

iTunes, as far as I can see, won't import a vob, so vob-passthrough cannot work.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Pending in the next major release

We will be migrating to a different engine for mobile very soon and this will allow 5.1 sound for the output without having to resort to pass-through.

Apple TV, inept to play simple formats like vob since 2007. Great software.

We will be migrating to a different engine for mobile very soon and this will allow 5.1 sound for the output without having to resort to pass-through.

hi frank, maybe you know an ETA for 1807!?
need to convert DVD's, but 1800-1802 crash when try to convert, and 1803-1806 create an unplayable file (all DVDs need to deinterlance, this is the reason for the crash so i can't convert w/o deinterlancer...)

i.e. "a case for two" season box 1+2

Attachments

• logmobile.rar
    2.3 KB · Views: 6
Nope

I do not see that on the horizon. We've fixed a lot of problems in the past weeks up to 1806 and all in all the product is behaving better in that we cover more "gray" authoring problems.

The log you show for 1806 tells me the conversion finished successfully so there is nothing for Fernando to see there at all.

need to convert DVD's, but 1800-1802 crash when try to convert, and 1803-1806 create an unplayable file (all DVDs need to deinterlance, this is the reason for the crash so i can't convert w/o deinterlancer...)

i.e. "a case for two" season box 1+2

Too vague. Can't see any problem. Profile?

Too vague. Can't see any problem. Profile?

the log i not from "a case for two" is an other one, with the same problem
gernerc divx, split file to capter deinterlace is enabled.

with split i get useless/unplayable files (i send u a link about that)
without split i get the new slysoft report @99% (need to pause/continued to reach the 100%, the same with the second pass)

file is out of sync!
please check PM for the sample video

Back