• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blocked BD copy playback (Cinavia)

I don't own any of these DVDs, but from reading from others' experience, there is an AACS key on the DVD somewhere, and CSS doesn't do it.

In any case, DVD players won't get Cinavia detection because no AACS.

[EDIT: I should have said CSS doesn't do it by itself. The AACS folder cross-checks with CSS encrypted files]

Last edited:
They build an AACS hash and compare it to the stored hash on the DVD. If the CSS is removed, they hash won't match, and is no longer considered a trusted source.

From a sticky in the AnyDVD HD forum:
"The reason I don't want to see any more Cinavia discussions in the AnyDVD HD forum is that it has been said that AnyDVD HD will not be the product that is used to defeat Cinavia. As such this topic doesn't belong in this particular forum."

So AnyDVD (HD) does circumvent all known copy protection (e.g. AACS and BD+) as well as disable region protection, but it will not ever do anything about Cinavia copy protection?

This doesn't make sense to me. If you handle copy and region protection in AnyDVD (HD), why not handle ALL protection measures?

there is a subtle difference AnyDVD allows you to remove the copy protection from the disk and do something like extract it to your computer. this is AnyDVD's domain.

removing cinavia is more analogous to the way clone dvd allows you to make a dvd capable of playback on a standalone.

But who wants to watch a movie that's been speeded up by 10%, it's well known that you can get round Cinavia by speeding up the sound but it makes the movie unwatchable

Cinivia

I tried reencoding audio sample frequency to 32000 hertz on one mkv with Samsung bluray player and it doesn`t display any cinavia error code.

But who wants to watch a movie that's been speeded up by 10%, it's well known that you can get round Cinavia by speeding up the sound but it makes the movie unwatchable

So you speed up the video/audio and then use Reclock to slow it back down. Problem solved. ;)

Yes, I am joking, I know it won't be THAT easy to defeat cinavia. But I have no doubt it will be solved because anything a person can muck up another can unmuck the mess. I expect getting rid of the trigger of cinavia will either be a quick fix while backing up, not noticeable by the average person, or will take considerable time because of remuxing/mashing the audio signal.

I have no doubts that the Slysoft guys will find a way to defeat it.

( Ok, where do I get my money? :D )

The Cinavia Wikipedia page used to list the titles that had Cinavia, but it looks like they took that portion down - what is the best resource for tracking which Blu Ray titles have Cinavia?

fake AACS

Is it not possible to create a copy of a bluray disc, so that the player it sees like an orginal bluray? Than you don,t have to remove the cinavia watermark. Maybe with a fake AACS file or something.:doh:

No it's not possible otherwise there would be no point in AnyDVD or having copy protection in the first place. DVDFab did make fake AACS folders to fool the PS3 into thinking the disc was made on a Blu-ray recorder which worked for a while until Sony plugged the hole and now it no longer works. The only way round Cinavia is to either play your copy in a player that doesn't detect it or to remove it completely

Ok I found this good thread after I re-encoded the audio so many times and nothing worked. Could you just slice the movie up into segments smaller then 20mins and make a DVD and have them as chapters? I do not know much about DVD file structure, I notice one I have has a VIDEO folder with several clips and stuff, maybe edit the IFO file I think it is to play them all seamless? I just now have experienced this problem on my PS3. Only other way is to tear apart the audio, but I do not know anything about that at all.

Anyone notice?...

Recent releases like Wrath of the Titans and 21 Jump Street don't display the fact that they are protected by cinavia on their cover inserts.

This is my problem in a nutshell..

"They" wanna make standalones that support Cinavia, I can find some that don't , use my pc or simply avoid titles that contain the infection. But when "they" hide which titles contain this it takes away my power as a consumer. If "they're" proud of their achievement, why not boldy display which titles are "protected"? Why is it that google no longer shows an up to date list of these crowning achievements?! Since the argument is that consumers backing up their property have never been the target and we are not adversely affected by cinavia and other copyright protections, why would "they" have a problem displaying the info? Afterall "they" are trying to protect "their" content from the pirates who steal and aren't buying the titles, right? I'll never be smart enuf to crack Cinavia, n don't have the resources/time to fight it; but I should have the right to decide what I will and will not support. And if "they" are purposefully hiding this info so that I will be duped into supporting "them" all the while preventing me from safeguarding my property, it is they who are the thieves...

Last edited:
Hope Slysoft is not under estimating the HUGE selling point all over the world of their new product by including the removal of the cancer audio stream (Cinavia) as SOON as possible.:agree:

You're still on about this cinavia nonsense? Good luck with that.

I wouldn't call it nonsense. Doesn't impact me though :p Heck, I think the movies with dummy playlists are more annoying/troublesome.

Well, people can keep asking for it, but, the answer isn't going to change. SlySoft has answered it a bunch of times already, and the answer has been the same since day one. The initial release of Slyce will *NOT* handle Cinavia. Repeating the exact same request over and over again isn't going to change that. That's all. Much easier just to avoid Cinavia enabled players.

Yeah, I'm not too worried about Cinavia for the present and near future. Slysoft has said Slyce will handle it eventually (which I interpret to mean when it becomes a problem for more than a very small number of people), and that's good enough for me. I also suppose they'd rather not release a Cinavia removal or filtering method any earlier than they have to, in order to avoid a revised version of the protection being released any earlier than necessary. The longer they wait, the more Cinavia discs will be released with only the current version.

Personally, I avoid buying Cinavia titles... though the (likely) scant few people who withhold their business probably aren't enough to influence these companies at all, it's a stance I don't mind taking. There's only one movie I have which possibly has Cinavia, but I can't get any clear answer one way or the other, and I have no Cinavia-detecting equipment that would allow me to make an easy check. That title is 'The Adventures of Tintin' 3DBD combo, which is listed as having Cinavia, but only in countries where it's been distributed by certain studios (Sony, WB, Universal or Fox). Paramount's logo is plastered all over the packaging for the Canadian version, and there's no Cinavia logo... so I have no clue. On the whole, avoiding Cinavia discs thus far hasn't really been much of a challenge; with a few exceptions, they aren't exactly stellar films, lol.

Last edited:
Back