• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

JVC/taiyo Yuden

lfp2

Since JVC bought taiyo Yuden I have had nothing but trouble. Am I alone? Verbatim has been working good so far. The first 30 or 40 of a stack.

Taiyo Yuden

I have had similar problems useing a Lite-ON DVD Burner. Since I changed the Burner to a Sony Optiarc, everything appears to be OK. I did not throw/discard the what I thought were faulty, but tried again in the Optiarc, and things now appear to fine.

What?

Since JVC bought taiyo Yuden I have had nothing but trouble. Am I alone? Verbatim has been working good so far. The first 30 or 40 of a stack.

When did this happen? Can you post a link? I know that Taiyo Yuden and JVC became partners but I don't think JVC bought Taiyo Yuden. The partnership (I thought) was to form JVC Advanced Media as a marketing plan to distribute Taiyo Yuden media globally under the JVC brand name. IMHO I just wouldn't buy the JVC labeled Taiyo's. FWIW I have no problems at all with high-quality Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden discs but YMMV. Please also remember that there are manufactures who use the Taiyo name but they aren't Taiyo discs ;) for example Infosmart of Hong Kong is well known for making fake Taiyo discs as well as others. One way to tell for sure you don't have fake discs is by looking for/at the hub numbers since the fakes are also using the same media codes as original Taiyo discs.

No issues with TY discs here, am burning through a hundred or so a month for tutorial discs for customers

burn problems

I have a second portable drive which I use to double check burning problems. I've still been leery of what the problem really is and it may come for other reasons. I will do more work on what is going on. Thanks

Back