• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Any dvd wont read

lfp2

Occasionally Any dvd wont read a disc. I have the latest version and washed the disc. Still no read. The name is In The Bedroom. It seems to go to a spot then stops.
Any ideas anyone?

without a logfile we can't have idea's nor help you. Please read the anydvd stickies on how to create and post one

Perhaps the problem is with the drive and maybe not with the dvd's

Please try to read another "copy" , and if the problem remains,then unfortunately you must replace you drive

Other DVDs are OK?
Add a log. Is the fastest way to find a problem.

Occasionally Any dvd wont read a disc. I have the latest version and washed the disc. Still no read. The name is In The Bedroom. It seems to go to a spot then stops.
Any ideas anyone?

Without posting an AnyDVD logfile, you might as well ask your cat. :D

-W

Without posting an AnyDVD logfile, you might as well ask your cat. :D

-W

I've done that in the past and she's refused to comment. Hence why I've taken to log files and detailed explanations when I've run into problems with AnyDVD. Lots of information sure has helped in resolving problems in a expeditious manner.

The cat had a solution

Thanks for where to go to.

The discs that won't play are pretty old now, I must have had then some good 10 - 15 years.

You might try putting one of these disks in the PC (exit AnyDVD 1st) and see if you can at least "Explore" it in Windows.

If you can copy the VIDEO_TS folder out of it with Windows you might have a path to back it up - maybe.

-W

Same problem as mine looks like

His description sounds like mine exactly. My system is windows 7. I think you were unnecessarily impolite with your answer. So if we get a disk that does the same we just forget about copying it? In that case we can forget it. I know my computer is ok because I copied one of my own creations today. Maybe your answer is in the FAQ if not it should be. Have a nice day

His description sounds like mine exactly. My system is windows 7. I think you were unnecessarily impolite with your answer. So if we get a disk that does the same we just forget about copying it? In that case we can forget it. I know my computer is ok because I copied one of my own creations today. Maybe your answer is in the FAQ if not it should be. Have a nice day

Unless you actually READ the Stickies and learn how to post an AnyDVD logfile - there is nothing anyone can actually do for you.
It's that simple. Every problem is unique - as is every logfile with the answers hidden within.

-W

Unique?

If every problem is unique then an FAQ is useless. I just said it sounded exactly like my.

Have a nice day

I actually agree with you. Most of the stuff up there is useless twaddle.

I've lobbied for years to ditch all the verbose "Webslinger era" sticky threads, and have just ONE sticky that tells people how to describe a problem and how to post a freakin' logfile.

But for now you can still find that useful info under section six of the "Have Problems?....." sticky thread.

-W

Failing media

Someone commented on media going bad. ((you?) I just bought a stack of Gold archive DVD's because I find that most of my DVD's 6 or 7 years old are gone. Directories listed but no content. Bummer thousands of pictures
Have a nice day

Even gold archive recordable DVDs will go "bad" after a number of years. That is one aspect of digital optical media that gets ignored by most people, degradation of the media, pressed or locally recorded.

Back