• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Command Line Flag to Disable/Enable anyDVD

tlh523

I have implemented a simple automation interface I use to rip and create an iso file. In this process, I need to be able toe toggle anyDVDHD on and off. Does anyDVDHD have a command line interface or some other method where I can enable disable anyDVDHD programatically?

I have implemented a simple automation interface I use to rip and create an iso file. In this process, I need to be able toe toggle anyDVDHD on and off. Does anyDVDHD have a command line interface or some other method where I can enable disable anyDVDHD programatically?

The first thing you should think about - *why* would you want to toggle AnyDVD on/off? This should be avoided, if possible.

a good reason

I would also like to have a command line option to at least enable AnyDVD because every time I mount an iso image with Daemon Tools Lite, it gets disabled for some reason. I'm getting tired of enabling it manually every time I need it.

I would also like to have a command line option to at least enable AnyDVD because every time I mount an iso image with Daemon Tools Lite, it gets disabled for some reason. I'm getting tired of enabling it manually every time I need it.

Use Virtual Clone Drive as a simple fix to your issue.

You should ask the Daemon Tools folks about this.

The first thing you should think about - *why* would you want to toggle AnyDVD on/off? This should be avoided, if possible.
Three reasons. If there are alternatives to disabling AnyDVD for any of these, please let me know:
  1. Using ImgBurn to create a protected image.
  2. Calculating disc IDs (other than dvdid.xml) for metadata providers other than Windows Media .
  3. Processing DVD-Audio.
I can enable/disabled AnyDVD using GUI automation, but then the trick is knowing when the drive is available. GetVolumeInformation() usually works, but sometimes it takes AnyDVD a while to unmount the volume before it enables or disables, and GetVolumeInformation returns a false positive.

It would be really helpful if there were a command-line way to enable/disable AnyDVD (both globally and for a specific drive) that would block until the drive is available again.

I would just be happy if installing updates to AnyDVD HD didn't reset my chosen option NOT to autostart the program...

I can't leave Any running all the time, so I have configured it to only be one when I need it. As such, I turn the Autostart 'feature' off. I don't understand why installing updates always turns it back on. The only response I ever see on the forums is 'That's by design'. By _WHAT_ design? If I have to go out of my to turn off a feature, then I _know_ I want it off... Why do the programmers of the software assume I'm too stupid to know what I want? :p

I've gotten used to it though... My now-default install procedure:
Download update
Install Update
Turn off Autostart
Close the program...

Still, I don't see the point of having a user-selectable option if you are going to keep disabling it for me...

I also have the same problem, I usually don't like to have programs ready to run and using some memory. I turn the autostart off every time I install a new update.

Back