• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVDfab releases Blu-ray player!

DVDFab is great (for ripping off freeware and then charging you for it)

DVDFab Media Player can play Blu-ray disc 60 days for free

Watch BluRay with the new VLC 2.x, its freeware.
Nice solution if you have AnyDVD HD wich removes protection.

Last edited:
Watch BluRay with the new VLC 2.x, its freeware.
Nice solution if you have AnyDVD HD wich removes protection.

I just tried it, and yes, it definitely needs AnyDVD(HD) to remove AACS protection. It is a nice clean playback on the BD I tried (the latest Star Trek disc 1).

One little quibble about its BD support is that it totally bypasses the menu system, unlike VCL's DVD support where it jumped directly to the main menu.

Just my two cents, but it looks like they've ripped off VideoLAN, again. Wouldn't be surprised if they have, and charged for the experience.

Wow that's weird. A bunch of features coming up in the newest release of XBMC, and blu-ray playback that VLC just introduced. All packaged up nicely and charged for.

Seen as this is the internet I only have one thing to say: MEGA-LOLZ.

Bashing DVDFab so you can ingratiate yourselves with Slysoft is great, but is BS. Slysoft has had years to incorporate a "main" movie rip feature and player like Fab. Fab products work, and work reasonably well. Slysoft have chosen not to introduce a main movie feature or a player. And more important, they don't even say if they intend to come out with one. I don't care who makes the product or who charges for it. Just make it.

Difference being Slysoft are trying to make theirs from scratch rather than just nicking others free work and then charging for it, it has nothing to do with ingratiating yourself. DVDFab is notorious for using others work and charging you for it

Last edited:
We've been hearing this story for almost two years. Furthermore, if you know anything of the tech industry (Microsoft/Apple ect...) you know everyone copy's everyone elses work.

there's a difference between writing something similar and a blatant nicking of code.
Also, from personal experience FAB products don't work that well, especially when it comes to new versions of BD+ on discs

OK, I don't want to get into an argument. I respect, obviously, the work Slysoft does. I just think they could be a bit more forth coming with a player or Main movie rip. If they have no intention on putting one out, just say so. Putting down another company that has both I think just doesn't sound productive.
But I respect your opinion.

A simple Google will show that Fengtao has used other people's handiwork, or that anything they come up with will eventually become worthless.

Like this one from Doom9 awhile back, or the fact that their Cinavia 'solution' for the PS3 became a bunch of worthless plastic when Sony upgraded PlayStation3 recently.

Or the fact that they stole a lot of what Slysoft has done over the years, including BD+ decryption and fixing the problem with bus encryption, which they incorporated into their rip-off masterpiece, PassKey.

And, the fact that they charge you more overall for their products than Slysoft does.

I'd like to see Slysoft promoted on there as much as Fengtao is 'promoted' on here, but I seriously doubt that Fengtao would allow that.

:D

Bashing DVDFab so you can ingratiate yourselves with Slysoft is great.
Who's doing that? Slysoft have my money, I have their product. I'm not expecting to be invited out to visit them. They're a company, I'm a customer; I'm under no illusions that we're "friends". I'm just pointing out that DVDfab's new software seems an awful lot like the new XBMC that's due out soon.

So telling the truth about a company stealing, using and charging for code from other software packages, much of that code free, is now bashing. Uh, yeah. You have a very strange way of not wanting to argue about something.

thats correct!
DVDbug(DVDfab) is just a collection of stolen software/freeware, the slogan on there website "best dvd ripper" is a lie...
with dvdfab you buy a lot of bug's! (and i know that)

the best slogan for fab is:

if you need a bug...
...buy dvdfab

We've been hearing this story for almost two years. Furthermore, if you know anything of the tech industry (Microsoft/Apple ect...) you know everyone copy's everyone elses work.

I think you need to learn about tech industry as well. Did you know when Apple was in financial touble it was Microsoft who help them out financially. I don't think fengtao will ever do this if slysoft had trouble like this.
Therefore compare apple to apple not oranges.

Last edited:
thats correct!
DVDbug(DVDfab) is just a collection of stolen software/freeware, the slogan on there website "best dvd ripper" is a lie...
with dvdfab you buy a lot of bug's! (and i know that)

the best slogan for fab is:

if you need a bug...
...buy dvdfab

Shouldn't be if you need bugs rather than bug :D

In addition even after stealing the code they can't still get it right.
I use BD-Rebuilder and it blows fab garbage all the time when it come to blu-ray. Even though the use same encoder.

VLC 2.0 plays Bluray discs and its free. If you want to put VLC on multiple boxes and you dont want to run AnyDVD HD on all of them then you just need to download libaacs.dll and keydb from a third party site.

Back