• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Four Region-1 Titles That Cannot Be Ripped

shortsheep

I have successfully ripped numerous titles, even ones within a few days of their Tuesday USA release. But the following four titles simply won't rip, I always get "Error 1512, failed to remove BD+".

The four Region-1 titles are:
Rise Of The Planet Of the Apes
Water For Elephants (3 months old now!)
Dances With Wolves
The Whistleblower (released 3 days ago)

Here's my STATUS WINDOW message:

Summary for drive J: (AnyDVD HD 7.0.0.2, BDPHash.bin 12-02-22)
HL-DT-ST BD-REWH10LS30 1.00 061125099JA5TF5822
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Current profile: BD-RE
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 23652352 sectors (46196 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: RISE_PLANET_OF_THE_APES
Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
AACS MKB version 25
Failed to remove BD+, Error 1512!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

I have tried updating to the latest version (haven't tried 7.0.0.3 today yet)
but it's a MAJOR PITA to keep writing BD-RE's which take up to 3 hours for a D/L disk. Unfortunately this computer cannot access the Internet and cannot utilize the online update database, but if I'm almost always using the latest "beta" this shouldn't be an issue. The software just can't seem to decrypt these four disks. Note that one of these movies has been out for at least 3 months now and still cannot be ripped. I don't think it's a Cinavia problem, as I easily ripped MONEYBALL. And to answer the obvious question, YES I have tried the original disks, and only save an image whenever it cannot be ripped immediately. And I'm NOT able to use ANyDVD-HD to save these to image - if it won't rip them, it won't save to image either so that is done using NERO the only other thing that works all the time.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.0.0.2_Info_J_RISE_PLANET_OF_THE_APES.zip
    241.2 KB · Views: 8
Not true, you can always rip a Blu-ray with AnyDVD HD. It's only whether it can remove the encryption or not that is an issue. If it can't remove the encryption then when ripping to image you have to choose the option to make a protected ISO.
It would seem that for some of these movies at least it needs to be able to connect to the online server to work, there's no way round that other than just waiting it out and hoping that someone else finally runs through the exact same version of the disc that you have and then that one gets included in a later build.
I don't quite understand why you have to burn it to a BD-RE each time, just rip to a protected ISO if you don't want to go back to the original disc, then mount that ISO using Virtual Clone Drive when you want to try to remove the protection

Last edited:
Shortsheep, Lately, I have found that if it's BD+ protected, you have to have internet access and a valid up to date AnyDVDHD license to download the keys the first time you try it. It doesn't matter how old the title may be.

But once downloaded, the keys are stored on your machines local data base and you don't need internet access after that.

If you're BD-RE version doesn't work with internet access, likely you will need an original to decode it.

BTW I have decoded RPOTA with no problem and works on a standalone. I used Version 6.9.1.12.
AnyDVDHD 7.0.0.3 is the latest as of now and should work too.
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=52287

If you have the rental version of RPOTA and want to do a full backup with extras. Read the "SquallMX" posts on doom9 first.
http://forum.doom9.org/archive/index.php/t-163390.html

The menu fix posted by SquallMX worked for me too.

Last edited:
Clarification

I *don't* write an image every time, I only write an image when I cannot decrypt the original Blu-Ray. Most often this is necessary when AnyDVD-HD hasn't caught up to the latest releases yet. As I said, in the USA the releases come out on Tuesday, generally, and it might take 3-4 days for ANyDVD to update the decryption to be able to rip them.

There is absolutely no reason to "create protected ISO" versus a "decrypted" ISO, when you are using a BD-RE it takes exactly the same amount of time to write it - UP TO THREE HOURS - so you don't want to do it very often as D/L BD-RE are redicukously expensive (up to $50/disk!) so who can afford to have dozens of them available just to store disks that ANyDVD can't rip?

As far as I know you cannot WATCH a protected ISO using popular players such as Home_Cinema or VLC or WMP or even PowerDVD, because your suggestion of using Virtual Clone Drive is totally useless with Blu-Ray. I know of NO virtual drive that worls with Blu-Ray - PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG!

I simply want to RIP, watch the rip, then transcode the rip to about 18MBps to store on the server. AnyDVD cannot access these BD+ disks, so it cannot write unprotected ISO's, that's why I have been using NERO, although NERO usues a proprietary .NRG image format that only NERO can read to write another disk.

I just downloaded and tried 7.0.0.3 and it doesn't help on these four titles.

As far as I know you cannot WATCH a protected ISO using popular players such as Home_Cinema or VLC or WMP or even PowerDVD, because your suggestion of using Virtual Clone Drive is totally useless with Blu-Ray. I know of NO virtual drive that worls with Blu-Ray - PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG!

Yes you are wrong.

As long as you've mounted the protected image with VCD and you have AnyDVD running then this is no issue.

I *don't* write an image every time, I only write an image when I cannot decrypt the original Blu-Ray. Most often this is necessary when AnyDVD-HD hasn't caught up to the latest releases yet. As I said, in the USA the releases come out on Tuesday, generally, and it might take 3-4 days for ANyDVD to update the decryption to be able to rip them.

There is absolutely no reason to "create protected ISO" versus a "decrypted" ISO, when you are using a BD-RE it takes exactly the same amount of time to write it - UP TO THREE HOURS - so you don't want to do it very often as D/L BD-RE are redicukously expensive (up to $50/disk!) so who can afford to have dozens of them available just to store disks that ANyDVD can't rip?

I simply want to RIP, watch the rip, then transcode the rip to about 18MBps to store on the server. AnyDVD cannot access these BD+ disks, so it cannot write unprotected ISO's, that's why I have been using NERO, although NERO usues a proprietary .NRG image format that only NERO can read to write another disk.

I just downloaded and tried 7.0.0.3 and it doesn't help on these four titles.

You rip to protected ISO when AnyDVD HD can't decrypt the disc so you can go back to it later. As Mike_r has already said VCD will allow you to mount Blu-ray ISO files either with or without protection.
Also AnyDVD HD will allow you to make either protected or unprotected ISO's so there's no need to use nero at all, just use the 'rip to image' option and leave protection on.
I know most of the main Virtual drive programs support mounting of Blu-ray ISO files, just not nero's proprietary .nrg files. If you can't get AnyDVD to make a protected image and want a more compatible image then use Imgburn as it makes standard .ISO files
You also might want to change where you're buying your DL BD-RE's from, I can buy a pack of 10 for £39 on ebay, and even individual discs for around £5-6

Last edited:
Unfortunately this computer cannot access the Internet and cannot utilize the online update database, but if I'm almost always using the latest "beta" this shouldn't be an issue.
Newer BD+ must have Internet access now. AnyDVD won't do it locally.

The reason for this is likely because if AnyDVD completely cracks BD+ locally, it is basically publishing to BD+ developers exactly how their code is being defeated, and gives them a guide on how to make it harder for AnyDVD developers. Game of chess, basically.

I have successfully ripped numerous titles, even ones within a few days of their Tuesday USA release. But the following four titles simply won't rip, I always get "Error 1512, failed to remove BD+".

Are you runnning within a VM? New BD+ titles don't like that, you must allow AnyDVD to access the online protection database to succeed.

Ripped Rise of the Planet of the Apes

This week I ripped a Blu Ray disc of Planet of the Apes. There was no problem.

Are you runnning within a VM? New BD+ titles don't like that, you must allow AnyDVD to access the online protection database to succeed.
Does AnyDVD need online access every time the disc is inserted, or just the first time? Does it only need online access in the first instance if you're running within a VM?

Does AnyDVD need online access every time the disc is inserted, or just the first time?
First time.

Does it only need online access in the first instance if you're running within a VM?
(Usually) only within a VM and only with new BD+ titles.

First time.
Does AnyDVD need the physical media for this (or anything), or can I safely rip to protected ISO on a system without AnyDVD (with ImgBurn)?

(Usually) only within a VM and only with new BD+ titles.
I take it "usually" means that some discs need online access even when they're not in a VM?

Does AnyDVD always detect a failure in this situation, or does it think everything's OK and just have broken output?

Region not set in driver

Looked at your log and DVD region not set in driver set up
i had this problem and was told about this and it sorted problem.

The four Region-1 titles are:
Rise Of The Planet Of the Apes
Water For Elephants (3 months old now!)
Dances With Wolves
The Whistleblower (released 3 days ago)

Here's my STATUS WINDOW message:

Summary for drive J: (AnyDVD HD 7.0.0.2, BDPHash.bin 12-02-22)
HL-DT-ST BD-REWH10LS30 1.00 061125099JA5TF5822
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Current profile: BD-RE
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 23652352 sectors (46196 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: RISE_PLANET_OF_THE_APES
Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
AACS MKB version 25
Failed to remove BD+, Error 1512!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

I have tried updating to the latest version (haven't tried 7.0.0.3 today yet)
but it's a MAJOR PITA to keep writing BD-RE's which take up to 3 hours for a D/L disk. Unfortunately this computer cannot access the Internet and cannot utilize the online update database, but if I'm almost always using the latest "beta" this shouldn't be an issue. The software just can't seem to decrypt these four disks. Note that one of these movies has been out for at least 3 months now and still cannot be ripped. I don't think it's a Cinavia problem, as I easily ripped MONEYBALL. And to answer the obvious question, YES I have tried the original disks, and only save an image whenever it cannot be ripped immediately. And I'm NOT able to use ANyDVD-HD to save these to image - if it won't rip them, it won't save to image either so that is done using NERO the only other thing that works all the time.

Looked at your log and DVD region not set in driver set up
i had this problem and was told about this and it sorted problem.

Setting the drive's region for a Bluray disc won't make a bit of difference. The drive's region only matters when AnyDVD decrypts a standard definition DVD.

So is this thread resolved?

shortsheep's original post problem can be traced to not having access to the internet so AnyDVDHD could download new BD+ keys? Could be due to no internet connection or not a valid AnyDVDHD license.

That's the conclusion I undersand so far anyway ;)

So is this thread resolved?

shortsheep's original post problem can be traced to not having access to the internet so AnyDVDHD could download new BD+ keys? Could be due to no internet connection or not a valid AnyDVDHD license.

That's the conclusion I undersand so far anyway ;)
As the OP didn't answer my question, I assume he isn't really ineterested. Neither am I.

As far as I can tell this is running as a trial on a W2003 x64 server so it may well be just a matter of database denial due to trial.

As far as I can tell this is running as a trial on a W2003 x64 server so it may well be just a matter of database denial due to trial.

I don't think so. I suspect he runs within a VM, but I never received an answer.

Running in VM?

When you ask if I'm running in VM, do you mean a Winderz emulator like under Linux or Apple? VMWare? The answer is definately no. Booting Winderz-XP Pro x64.

When you ask if I'm running in VM, do you mean a Winderz emulator like under Linux or Apple? VMWare? The answer is definately no. Booting Winderz-XP Pro x64.

So, are you using AnyDVDHD trial version? As noted by Frank, that could be the other reason those titles aren't working for you. Anyway, as FAIK, all those titles are working with a current AnyDVDHD license and an internet connection. ;)

Back