• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Playing Blu Ray ISO's on PS3 over network

psgolfer

Hi There, I have been running an HTPC and just got a new 3D Projector (Epson 6010). For some reason I am having issues playing back 3D movies.

So to combat that, I figured I could stream my backed up movies through a PS3. Sounds easier than I thought.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

As far as I'm aware you can't stream 3D movies in 3D to the PS3. You have to play them back off a Blu-ray disc

As far as I'm aware you can't stream 3D movies in 3D to the PS3. You have to play them back off a Blu-ray disc

Hey Adbear, thanks for the reply. I don't see why it isn't possible. If a regular blu ray can be streamed to a ps3 then why not a 3D movie?

Are you aware of how to stream regular blu ray movies to a ps3?

Cheers, psgolfer

The software player for streaming doesn't allow frame interleaved 3D play back which is why it doesn't work. 3D Blu-ray structures are different to 2D

Hmm, didn't know that. Thanks for the information.

What about 2D Blu Ray from my HTPC to the PS3?

ripped blu-ray dolphin tale 3d on ps3 playing problem

Is there a good way to burn blu-ray 3d disks to iso format to play on ps3? I have ripped dolphin tale to iso with anydvd and then burned the iso to a bluray 50gb dl disk, but the ps3 doesn't even show the disk in the player? The data was verified by the burning program?

Is there a special way to burn the iso. I used imgburn with the basic defaults.

Could it be the media....I used optical quantum. I have ordered some sony bluray dl disks just in case.

thanks

As long as you remove copy protection when you rip to ISO then you should be able to burn back to a DL disc and just play it. If the PS3 doesn't even recognize the disc then that would imply it doesn't like the media itself. I've always used either Sony DL discs or Verbatim's and have never had an issue

Back