• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia, Feb, 1, 2012 and forwards

Presently it would mean a major effort to take care of a minor annoyance, so no one is tackling the problem with too much enthusiasm.
This will certainly change, as soon as Cinavia gets more attention.

Yes I agree, a minor problem now, but by the end of 2012 and beyond I believe it is going to be a major problem.

If I was a CEO of a software company, and I did not have enought expertise or employees to eliminate the Cinavia infection.

I believe I would pool my resources with my other CEO friends of software companies to come up with a method of eliminating Cinavia.

The reward and power for a solution to eliminate the Cinavia infection is going to be huge, big enought to live VERY WELL OFF the rest of your life.:agree:

Last edited by a moderator:
would be nice if slysoft would introduce a new decrypter to address cinavia protection ... i'm already set and comfortable with ripbot264

It's not an "encryption." You have failed to understand the concept of Cinavia.

This is why:

i didn't read thru the entirety of this thread

You freely admit you don't read, then state your understanding which is not correct. Do you understand how that makes you look?

I'm sorry that I sound harsh, but the propagation of misinformation is something that really drives me crazy. :bang:

Please use Wikipedia and/or Google and/or forum search to bring yourself up to speed.

Yes, please relax. He admitted he didn't read through the thread and has some terminology wrong. It'll be ok. :)

It's not an "encryption." You have failed to understand the concept of Cinavia.

This is why:

You freely admit you don't read, then state your understanding which is not correct. Do you understand how that makes you look?

I'm sorry that I sound harsh, but the propagation of misinformation is something that really drives me crazy. :bang:

Please use Wikipedia and/or Google and/or forum search to bring yourself up to speed.

i know it's not encryption by definition, i misused the term 'decrypt' ....

perhaps you can focus your harshness towards a punching bag or something else ?

back to the topic at hand, concerning my needs, i would prefer to use ripbot just because i know how it operates and can fine tune many encoder settings.

however, if slysoft releases cloneBD to allow for user defined settings in the same manner as ripbot, i would consider buying it. but if it's not possible, i would prefer the cinavia protection be something that is handled by a virtual drive similar to anydvd hd.

in that case, i would allow anydvd hd to do it's thing in removing cinavia prior to feeding the cinavia-free content to my encoder.

either way works ...

in that case, i would allow anydvd hd to do it's thing in removing cinavia prior to feeding the cinavia-free content to my encoder.

This has been stated that it will NOT be something that can/will be done by AnyDVD. Stripping cinavia (a "contamination" in the audio), requires processing of the audio. That is something anydvd does not do, its a decrypter / ripper. Not a file processor. Afaik it has been stated (dno by who) that removing cinavia will/should be a job for "CloneBD"

Not possible. But you can "rip" with CloneBD and do whatever you want with the result.

By James, Peer, and myself. :D To remove Cinavia,which is SlySoft's stated goal, the audio will need to be decoded first. TrueHD/DTS-HD MA/DTS/AC3...those are all compressed formats. Some are lossless, some are not. Completely irrelevant to this discussion. Once the data is decoded to PCM, then whatever audio processing they are able to do to remove Cinavia will need to be done. This can NOT be done on the fly. It must be done by a tool like CloneBD as a processing step as the entire audio stream needs to be decoded and processed.

Not possible. But you can "rip" with CloneBD and do whatever you want with the result.

And to be clear, Cinavia removal, when/if implemented, will be in CloneBD, correct? I know we discussed it before but I just want to confirm so that I'm not spreading misinformation if something has changed.

And to be clear, Cinavia removal, when/if implemented, will be in CloneBD, correct?
As of today, yes.

I know we discussed it before but I just want to confirm so that I'm not spreading misinformation if something has changed.
Not yet, but things may or may not change. Probably not. Who knows. Lalala. ;)

I didnt read through all the threads but did read some. So I am under the impression that you will only have a problem with Cinavia if you have a BD player that has the Cinavia logo or has had a firmware update containing the Cinavia? All my Blu Ray players are Sony brand from Costco and the most recent one I bought a few months ago didnt have the Cinavia logo on it. I know I alreay have several back ups both blu ray and regular discs that have Cinavia on them but they play through fine on my players but didnt on my friends PS3. Also would newer Cinavia discs still have a playback problem on older players that dont have Cinavia in them?

It's unlikely that they will put a Cinavia logo on the players. I know they do on the discs, but, since ALL players sold after Feb 2012 will be required to support it, I doubt they'll bother with a logo for it. As for whether they will update older players with a firmware update to support Cinavia detection, no one really knows. We can speculate that players that are too old don't have the processing power to do so. More recent players....we don't really know. However, this is a paired protection. Meaning that you need both a disc containing Cinavia AND a player that detects it. If you have either one without Cinavia support, then you are good to go. So an old player without Cinavia detection will play Cinavia protected discs just fine. The PS3 is sadly the most popular player that has Cinavia on it.

It's unlikely that they will put a Cinavia logo on the players. I know they do on the discs, but, since ALL players sold after Feb 2012 will be required to support it, I doubt they'll bother with a logo for it. As for whether they will update older players with a firmware update to support Cinavia detection, no one really knows. We can speculate that players that are too old don't have the processing power to do so. More recent players....we don't really know. However, this is a paired protection. Meaning that you need both a disc containing Cinavia AND a player that detects it. If you have either one without Cinavia support, then you are good to go. So an old player without Cinavia detection will play Cinavia protected discs just fine. The PS3 is sadly the most popular player that has Cinavia on it.

Ok, thanks for the reply. I do know that a few of my regular dvd`s and a few of my BD back ups have Cinavia on it because after 20 minutes into a few of those movies the audio quit playing on my friends PS3 but they played fine in all of my Sony Blue Ray players that were purchased from Costco over the past several years with the newest one a few months ago. I look at firmware updates for dvd burners and players that if there isnt a problem dont fix it, leave it be.

Ok, thanks for the reply. I do know that a few of my regular dvd`s and a few of my BD back ups have Cinavia on it because after 20 minutes into a few of those movies the audio quit playing on my friends PS3 but they played fine in all of my Sony Blue Ray players that were purchased from Costco over the past several years with the newest one a few months ago. I look at firmware updates for dvd burners and players that if there isnt a problem dont fix it, leave it be.

The problem with that theory though is that they can force the issue. There have been discs that CAN'T play at all without an update to the firmware. So, that's a good theory, and if you use AnyDVD to always remove protection, then it may work out. But, for original discs, they can force updates by creating discs that won't play without them. The easy way to do it is to revoke player keys. :) Once you try to play a disc that contains a new MKB that revokes the player key, well, you need an update at that point. (Vastly oversimplified explanation, but, you get the idea)

hmm

Well since cinavia is gonna be spread around like herpes i guarantee when it does somewhere a pissed off employee who has access to cinavia secrets will spill the beans and prolly make quite a few bucks while there at it.

Oh and people could always keep a non-cinavia player just for playing there backups only and a newer player for playing your originals, its what i plan to do.

Last edited:
Is there not a way to make a "perfect back-up" - so that a Cinavia infected player THINKS it's seeing an original disk?

-W

Adding AACS encryption to a backup is NOT a solution. Yes, there are "products" that do that out there, but, it's a bad idea. A REALLY bad idea.

i would prefer the cinavia protection be something that is handled by a virtual drive similar to anydvd hd.

What's on the disc isn't "protection," it's a watermark that is part of the analog audio in such a way that it is the audio. If there is any possibility to remove it, it will have do be done by reauthoring the disc (like processing a DVD with CloneDVD).

Again, you're not just misusing terminology, you're not understanding the concepts, which you'll never do if you don't read, which you have to do in order to learn. I highly suggest you change your personal policy of not reading, and start with the Wikipedia article on Cinavia. I don't mean this as an attack on you; it's good advice. Really! ;)

Back