• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blue Velvet & Zombie - US Versions

I can understand James comment. If the decrypted disc plays fine as a full disc then that implies that the encryption has been removed otherwise it wouldn't play that way either. Playing back a file uses different codecs to full disc play back so I'd look to see if your codecs are the issue

Last edited:
Never play the M2TS from an original disk. You can remux with tsMuxeR and playback, try it it should work.

Guess I was hoping to not have to back up the whole disk from now on?
How is this any good as I can't stream the movie anymore I have to back
up to a 50gb blu-ray from now on, what good is this to me and how is it a waste
other than my last two days trying to help you. I said I would wait till someone else complained... it's only a matter of time and now i get attitude?

Sorry for that - we have quite a lot on our desks at the moment and James was just venting some frustration with the workload.
Your information was, after all, a little misleading at first, so we did waste some of our time, which obviously we don't really have right now, heading in the wrong direction.

What I think is going on: when TMT is playing back a blu-ray disc, it will specifically choose its built in codecs for playback - in this case it's the AVC codec for the video part. It manually builds the filter graph required to handle the disc, including the HD audio codec, which is restricted in that it will only work with full BDs due to licensing conditions.

If you play an individual m2ts file, TMT will not bother choosing an appropriate set of codecs itself, as the file can be anything containing any number of codecs potentially unknown to TMT.
So it leaves it up to the OS (direct draw etc) to build an appropriate filter graph - which is the official way to go.
If you happen to have more than one AVC codec, there's a very good chance that a different codec will be chosen (which is what Adbear meant).

So, it's possible that the video has authoring bugs that are handled gracefully by Arcsoft's built in codec but not by the other.
Or the other codec might have a flaw that just happens to show with these discs.

Another theory: there is certain information that is redundantly stored in both the actual m2ts files and in the .clpi/.mpls files on the disc.
The software players usually prefer the stream information from the .clpi files over the same information stored in the PMT packets in the m2ts files.
But if you play an individual m2ts file, the only available source are those PMT packets. If there's something wrong with those, strange things might happen.
I can't really think of how the stream info would cause this specific phenomenon, but it is noteworthy that these differences apply depending on how you play the disc.

So - remuxing would be an interesting attempt to cure this.

Anyway - I doubt this is an AnyDVD issue.

Never play the M2TS from an original disk. You can remux with tsMuxeR and playback, try it it should work.

Can't do it , it corrupts. MeGUI same, it corrupts. Tried & tried. Been backing up my blu's for a very long time & never seen this before on any of them. Been streaming them to ps3 for a very long time & until this only CINAVIA stopped me from backing up & streaming the movie file.

My friend has a copy of the Zombie movie and said he'd drop it round tonight or tomorrow, so I can check it out and see if it does the same with his

Sorry for that - we have quite a lot on our desks at the moment and James was just venting some frustration with the workload.
Your information was, after all, a little misleading at first, so we did waste some of our time, which obviously we don't really have right now, heading in the wrong direction.

What I think is going on: when TMT is playing back a blu-ray disc, it will specifically choose its built in codecs for playback - in this case it's the AVC codec for the video part. It manually builds the filter graph required to handle the disc, including the HD audio codec, which is restricted in that it will only work with full BDs due to licensing conditions.

If you play an individual m2ts file, TMT will not bother choosing an appropriate set of codecs itself, as the file can be anything containing any number of codecs potentially unknown to TMT.
So it leaves it up to the OS (direct draw etc) to build an appropriate filter graph - which is the official way to go.
If you happen to have more than one AVC codec, there's a very good chance that a different codec will be chosen (which is what Adbear meant).

So, it's possible that the video has authoring bugs that are handled gracefully by Arcsoft's built in codec but not by the other.
Or the other codec might have a flaw that just happens to show with these discs.

Another theory: there is certain information that is redundantly stored in both the actual m2ts files and in the .clpi/.mpls files on the disc.
The software players usually prefer the stream information from the .clpi files over the same information stored in the PMT packets in the m2ts files.
But if you play an individual m2ts file, the only available source are those PMT packets. If there's something wrong with those, strange things might happen.
I can't really think of how the stream info would cause this specific phenomenon, but it is noteworthy that these differences apply depending on how you play the disc.

So - remuxing would be an interesting attempt to cure this.

Anyway - I doubt this is an AnyDVD issue.

Yes, i tried to remux it (ts muxer v1.10.6) & MeGUI 2050 (with the latest updates) Thank you for your understanding i did not want to be involved i
would have stayed on the sidelines like i have since 2007.

Ah, I can understand now. It is probably the codecs.

I had an issue with corrupted video that looked very similar to JJJBBB's, but it was for flv files. I was trying to build DVD's and the video kept corrupting, I tried so many encoders and methods and it kept corrupting. I asked for help on various forums and no one could figure it out. People said everything from I had a virus to I was just an idiot (which I can agree with ;)).

Anyway, I'm not sure how I did it, but I was experimenting with GraphEdit and looking at codec lists and I somehow figured out I had more than one codec for FLV. FINALLY I discovered (again I'm not sure how now) that the extra codec was coming from a program called Total Video Converter. I completely uninstalled it, and it solved my issue.

I suspect something similar is happening here, with some program or codec that some program installed on JJJBBB's system at some point.

My friend has a copy of the Zombie movie and said he'd drop it round tonight or tomorrow, so I can check it out and see if it does the same with his

Please let me know, as i'm sure that this is something new with the US version of both movies ,i will be happy to say , sorry i screwed up. J

Last edited:
All my blu's are backed up as reMUXed "M2TS" files containing video, DTS, AC3, and the engish CC track. Almost all are compressed to around 8.5 gb. All but the CINAVIA protected movies play just fine on my pc RIGHT now no codec issue except these two. The ps3 plays all just fine RIGHT now except for CINAVIA protected. Looking at around 300+ files here that all play fine with this codec package on the pc right now except these two.

Stupid SamuriHL suggestion time. What happens if you convert it to mkv and try playing it with tmt? Makemkv makes it quite easy to do the conversion and is free while in beta. I'm simply curious.

Stupid SamuriHL suggestion time. What happens if you convert it to mkv and try playing it with tmt? Makemkv makes it quite easy to do the conversion and is free while in beta. I'm simply curious.

Not stupid at all, i demux then remux to mkv in order to use MKVuncrop to remux the video bitrate or uncrop if nessasary, two pass @ VHQ at whatever bitrate i choose after consulting the bitrate calc and including the audio and sub options i want to save, it's just easier. then convert back the final to M2TS for the ps3.

Not stupid at all, i demux then remux to mkv in order to use MKVuncrop to remux the video bitrate or uncrop if nessasary, two pass @ VHQ at whatever bitrate i choose after consulting the bitrate calc and including the audio and sub options i want to save, it's just easier. then convert back the final to M2TS for the ps3.

What I'm asking is if a straight up MakeMKV made MKV can be played in TMT without issue.

What I'm asking is if a straight up MakeMKV made MKV can be played in TMT without issue.

I wish, this issue remains in the mkv format as the vc1 or x264 is the same file inside the container, it still plays with the corruption. I am reviewing the codec files installed on both computers now maybe this is a fluke.

I wish, this issue remains in the mkv format as the vc1 or x264 is the same file inside the container, it still plays with the corruption. I am reviewing the codec files installed on both computers now maybe this is a fluke.

Do this:

1) http://www.xvidvideo.ru/media-playe...er-classic-homecinema-x86-x64-1-5-3-3851.html
2) http://files.1f0.de/lavf/LAVFilters-0.40.exe
3) Install MPC-HC
4) Install LAV Filters
5) Configure MPC-HC like this (View, Options):

-Output: Set to one of the EVR renderers
-Internal Filters: Uncheck EVERYTHING
-External Filters: Add LAV Splitter, LAV Video, LAV Audio and set all to prefer

Now, with AnyDVD enabled, put your original disc in, go to File, Open DVD, and point it at the drive. Does it play? Now, open your MKV. Does it play? Open an M2TS directly from the disc. Does it play?

The software I've linked to is open source, so, all that's required here is a little of your time.

One last question...do you have Haali installed? If so, forget everything I just said and uninstall it temporarily. :)

Do this:

1) http://www.xvidvideo.ru/media-playe...er-classic-homecinema-x86-x64-1-5-3-3851.html
2) http://files.1f0.de/lavf/LAVFilters-0.40.exe
3) Install MPC-HC
4) Install LAV Filters
5) Configure MPC-HC like this (View, Options):

-Output: Set to one of the EVR renderers
-Internal Filters: Uncheck EVERYTHING
-External Filters: Add LAV Splitter, LAV Video, LAV Audio and set all to prefer

Now, with AnyDVD enabled, put your original disc in, go to File, Open DVD, and point it at the drive. Does it play? Now, open your MKV. Does it play? Open an M2TS directly from the disc. Does it play?

The software I've linked to is open source, so, all that's required here is a little of your time.

One last question...do you have Haali installed? If so, forget everything I just said and uninstall it temporarily. :)

Ok, nice clean-up, well when i opened media player classic it said i needed the latest DirectX files so i installed them too. Seems to have made no diff LAV filters and all. Glitches in the same places. Thank you for trying to help.

Ok, nice clean-up, well when i opened media player classic it said i needed the latest DirectX files so i installed them too. Seems to have made no diff LAV filters and all. Glitches in the same places. Thank you for trying to help.

Glitches in the same place rules out a codec issue IMO. Unless somehow the LAV filters weren't being used. Did you verify that LAV Video, LAV Audio, and LAV Splitter were the filters being used when playing in MPC-HC?

Well my mate brought over the backup of his Zombie disc done with AnyDVD HD and it has no issues at all. I've just run the backup through MakeMKV and it made an mkv with no issues. Also I have no playback issues when playing back the m2ts file.
One thing to point out though is that he did rip it with 6.8.8.0

Very Sorry

Thanks for checking, this means i have a problem with two computers!

Sorry to have wasted everyone's valuable time and energy.

As this seems to be a pc issue I will look into fixing this without bothering you any more. Thanks again and sorry to everyone.

j

Back