• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Prob with Cars 2

b1030

See there is another Cars 2 thread but was told to post a new thread.

Not able to back-up this title.
AnyDVD log file attached.
Clone says "Cannot copy protected DVD's"
Tried Rip to Hard disc and got error message "PS18"
Tried with Shrink and after reading menu's stopped reading drive.
Tried in my Plexor and Asus drive.
Checked AnyDVD settings and all seems okay.
Disc plays fine on DVD player and through WinDVD on computer.
No smudges, dirt etc on disc.
Not sure how to attach a Clone log file. All it says under log window is unable to copy protected material.
Am I doing something wrong? Have successfully back-up thousands of titles.
Thanks all for your help.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.8.0_Info_F_CARS_2.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
Any time the anydvd status window indicates structural protection you need to use the Anydvd ripper first, then use DVDshrink on it. You talk about "Clone". What exactly is clone? CloneCD? CloneDVD? Clone what?

There's no visible read errors on the disc. The only thing i can see that may be a problem is that arcsoft filter you have on your system.

Try ripping the disc with the anydvd ripper and rip the video to harddrive, then feed it into cloneDVD2 (if you have it)

Thanks for your help. I meant CloneDVD2. It says it will not "copy protected material". ???
I did try to "rip to harddisk" and got error code "PS18".
I had exactly the same problem with Soul Surfer. Was finally able to back it up using the old Shrink without AnyDVD. Tried that with Cars 2 and Shrink read the menus then stopped reading drive. Tried to different drives.

Then it's either that arcsoft filter, simply a bad disc or your drives have gone bad. A slysoft rep will need to look at this further

Thank you Ch3vr0n!
Removed Arcsoft's Photoimpression software and was able to back-up this title! Did not have to rip to harddisk first. Used AnyDVD with CloneDVD2 with no problem. I did only rip Angle 1. Have only had problems with 2 titles out of thousands. This and "Soul Surfer". AnyDVD & CloneDVD2 might want to add this problematic software to it's list for future reference.

Appreciate the help!

Total removal may not be necessairy. If you have IMGburn installed you could have just requested the filter list and removed that filter without uninstalling the software itself. There is the risc that by removing the filter the software may not work anymore, but if it still does you won't have lost out on anything.

You could always reinstall that software, then use IMGburn to remove just that filter and see if you can back up the disc with photoimpression installed.

It already is on the list with problematic software ;)

Nevertheless glad you were able to back up the disc :)

Back