• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cars 2

more info, please

I have a problem with this dvd. AnyDVD 6.8.8.0 does not give an error until I attempt to rip to folder, create Iso, or use Clonedvd2.

Where did you get this DVD? What country is this DVD from?
And what is the error you see "when you attempt.."?

It's curious that the other DVDs show
Found & removed 8 potential bad sector protections!
and yours
Bad sector protection not found.

Where did you get this DVD? What country is this DVD from?
And what is the error you see "when you attempt.."?

and yours

During Rip to Folder - error message "CloneMap 2", then a dialogue warning that all files will be deleted followed by CloneMap 2 again - circular.

Rip to Image - processes 8% then " error reading fro Drive: Sectors 337024-337055"

CloneDVD2 - tried Clone DVD mode, and Copy DVD Titles. Same error message.
"unexpected error - please be sure that all input files are available and that they represent a properly mastered DVD. If continue please send an error description to bugs@elby.ch"
No evaluation of the disc size.

Disc is original first use R1, Cdn

Last edited:
Correction - DVD is now readable

and yours

I reviewed my settings after the comments from Frank and realised that in AnyDVD 6.8.8.0, I had the "copy protection based on unreadable Sectors" unchecked (from Thor I recall).

I checked this box to enable, AnyDVD functioned to rip to image file (iso). I also tried CloneDVD2 for a full back-up which also worked fine. The disk was in my BH10LS30 drive, I re-tried in the Sony Optiarc 7460 writer and it worked as well.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
NEVER rip a dvd to iso with anydvd. Remember the big warning box you get? It's there for a reason. Ripping a dvd to iso will among other things leave structural protection intact. The iso ripper is for blu-rays, not dvd's.

I have a problem with this dvd. AnyDVD 6.8.8.0 does not give an error until I attempt to rip to folder, create Iso, or use Clonedvd2.

My drives HB10LS30, Optiarc 7240S, and Pioneer 218L. Same disc error using all 3 of these drives. Firmwares are up to date.

View attachment 18582

AR

This is not an orginal disc. If you bought it, give it back, it is pirated.

This is not an orginal disc. If you bought it, give it back, it is pirated.

James, not sure what makes you state this, the disk came directly from a reputable video store of over 20 years. I have no reason to think otherwise.

ar:confused:

Properties are different

James, not sure what makes you state this, the disk came directly from a reputable video store of over 20 years. I have no reason to think otherwise.

ar:confused:

The fact is, your disk is showing properties not in keeping with those seen in other logs for this DVD.

For now, I'm glad you got this going. :)

I reviewed my settings after the comments from Frank and realised that in AnyDVD 6.8.8.0, I had the "copy protection based on unreadable Sectors" unchecked (from Thor I recall).

This may have been the cause of the strange logfile. Yes?

-W

We just gotta wait people...Disney Studios is notoriously well known for aggressive encrypted DVD movie titles for which they have every right. Bad disc in my experience is the least likely cause "a fabled referenced". But often an excuse used by those who know no better. It's a new title and movie studios like Disney are well aware of AnyDVD and its movie collector enthusiast that look to back up titles for travel or personal collection using this and other popular software. In recent time Disney has resorted to placing it's often complexed encryption inside the menu portion of DVD file making it harder to dissect the title as normal.

Bad disc as an example is more of the older DVD players that cannot read newer titles and sometimes due to new encryption processes used on a given title for which even then it's really not a bad disc but antiquated or older dvd player equipment. Hey movie only (no menu)works in these cases 98% of the time and is true with CARS 2. This for now is what I will settle for. A movie only back up. No need for debate, anyone with my years of experience knows better. Just wait...Slysoft will figure it out.

We just gotta wait people...Disney Studios is notoriously well known for aggressive encrypted DVD movie titles for which they have every right. Bad disc in my experience is the least likely cause "a fabled referenced". But often an excuse used by those who know no better. It's a new title and movie studios like Disney are well aware of AnyDVD and its movie collector enthusiast that look to back up titles for travel or personal collection using this and other popular software. In recent time Disney has resorted to placing it's often complexed encryption inside the menu portion of DVD file making it harder to dissect the title as normal.

Bad disc as an example is more of the older DVD players that cannot read newer titles and sometimes due to new encryption processes used on a given title for which even then it's really not a bad disc but antiquated or older dvd player equipment. Hey movie only (no menu)works in these cases 98% of the time and is true with CARS 2. This for now is what I will settle for. A movie only back up. No need for debate, anyone with my years of experience knows better. Just wait...Slysoft will figure it out.
Not sure what you're on about, If you'd actually read through this thread you'd see that except for the the OP who's never come back with a reply the others have all been resolved and got full backups from this disc. One was a problem between the disc and the drive he was using and the other was down to a setting in AnyDVD.

It keeps scanning in Clone DVD but give it some time, it eventually works thru Clone. I was able to make a copy. Checked it & got movie & menus

Same problems with Cars 2.

Not able to back-up this title.
AnyDVD log file attached.
Clone says "Cannot copy protected DVD's"
Tried Rip to Hard disc and got error message "PS18"
Tried with Shrink and after reading menu's stopped reading drive.
Tried in my Plexor and Asus drive.
Checked AnyDVD settings and all seems okay.
Disc plays fine on DVD player and through WinDVD on computer.
No smudges, dirt etc on disc.
Not sure how to attach a Clone log file. All it says under log window is unable to copy protected material.
Am I doing something wrong? Have successfully back-up thousands of titles.
Thank all for your help.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.8.0_Info_F_CARS_2.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
Not sure what you're on about, If you'd actually read through this thread you'd see that except for the the OP who's never come back with a reply the others have all been resolved and got full backups from this disc. One was a problem between the disc and the drive he was using and the other was down to a setting in AnyDVD.

Exactly - I got a full backup with the AnyDVD Ripper - to Folder

-W

Not able to back-up this title.
AnyDVD log file attached.
Clone says "Cannot copy protected DVD's"
Tried Rip to Hard disc and got error message "PS18"
Tried with Shrink and after reading menu's stopped reading drive.
Tried in my Plexor and Asus drive.
Checked AnyDVD settings and all seems okay.
Disc plays fine on DVD player and through WinDVD on computer.
No smudges, dirt etc on disc.
Not sure how to attach a Clone log file. All it says under log window is unable to copy protected material.
Am I doing something wrong? Have successfully back-up thousands of titles.
Thank all for your help.

If you couldnt backup the title, then your problem isnt the same. Lawbook stated just above you that he COULD back it up. Create your own thread please

???

I should start a new thread? Many have reported problems. Very few have been successful. Since at least 1 was able to back this up then it is obviously something I am doing. All I am asking for is help with this not condemnation.

Have you actually read through this thread? Pretty much everyone has been successful

I already fixed it Adbear :) Check his seperate thread :)

I was able to back up this title using my preferred method - reading with ImgBurn 2.5.6.0 with AnyDVD active in the system tray. Nice for those of us that prefer to not reauthor DVDs and like to keep the original structure and layer break position.

It made a nice ISO/MDS set that burns and plays perfectly.

My log file for the DVD is attached.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.8.0_Info_E_CARS_2.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
cars 2 able to back up

hello I was able to copy completely with 6.8.8.0 but when i play back there are many places in the movie that play twice see 19 minutes into the movie during end of cars song "you might think" .

I already fixed it Adbear :) Check his seperate thread :)

I'd already seen that, but I was just pointing out that his assumption was wrong when he said that 'very few were successful' and that he needed to go back and read this thread to see that in fact just about everyone was successful.

Back