• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Need some help with memorial CD

You need to use a program to convert your original dvd to dvd file format. Then use clone dvd or your favorite program to burn to a blank dvd. I had the same problem trying to copy a dvd from a funeral home. I'm not sure if I can say what program I used but it was *******Xtodvd.

Last edited:
You need to use a program to convert your original dvd to dvd file format. Then use clone dvd or your favorite program to burn to a blank dvd. I had the same problem trying to copy a dvd from a funeral home. I'm not sure if I can say what program I used but it was *******Xtodvd.

Thanks ill try that :)

still doesn't work, for some reason the files on the dvd say its 46.9 GB and I know that impossible because its only a DVD-R

still doesn't work, for some reason the files on the dvd say its 46.9 GB and I know that impossible because its only a DVD-R

Did you try CloneCD as a last shot? or even CloneDVDmobile? Maybe using one of those programs can help convert the DVD into something else in which you can then convert into what you really want. It's a long shot, sure, but this disc seems to be not working for you at all, and that's the only things I can think of for you.

Only other thing I would suggest is to see if you could get another copy of the DVD and mail it to Slysoft. If you decide to do so, you should let one of the mods here know about your intentions, and they'll help you set up the right method to send the disc to Slysoft so that they can help you out in your situation.

Only other thing I would suggest is to see if you could get another copy of the DVD and mail it to Slysoft. If you decide to do so, you should let one of the mods here know about your intentions, and they'll help you set up the right method to send the disc to Slysoft so that they can help you out in your situation.

DING! We have a winner!

-W

Is there any real reason this would have to be physically mailed?

I mean, since it's a DVD-R, then it can't have anything on it that cannot be written by a standard DVD writer... unless there is some kind of specific hardware that these funeral homes use to make the discs? It certainly doesn't have CSS.

Has anyone at least gotten a 1:1 ISO of one of these discs to SlySoft electronically? Like uploaded to an FTP or something?

What do you mean exactly? If you start up ImgBurn and try to make an ISO of this without AnyDVD running, what exactly happens?

failed to read sector and retrys 20 times, then I get the disappointing "Oh No"

So there's actual bad physical sectors on the disc? Is it possible to get a regular DVD writer to physically damage sectors?

try this

Try this download a program called power iso open the disc in this and try to copy or extract the disc then burn with another program

worked for a disc i had that no other software could get for some reason gl

Try this download a program called power iso open the disc in this and try to copy or extract the disc then burn with another program

worked for a disc i had that no other software could get for some reason gl

still says its 46.9 gb and it didnt work

Im trying to make a .iso of a memorial tribute DVD made by a funeral home for a Aunt that passed away. ive searched the forums and tried everything I could but still get the same error.

At first it says that "Trying to repair defective DVD"

then im getting the error invalid input block IFOProperties 6

any help will be greatly appreciated

also to add when i see how big the files are on the DVD it says 46.9 GB. I know this isnt possible single its only a DVD and all the files on there seem to just be duplicates.

See this old post. It ain't nothin' new. I managed to get around the problem and say in the thread what I did.
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=43993

See this old post. It ain't nothin' new. I managed to get around the problem and say in the thread what I did.
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=43993

That's actually good info to know. I missed that, so thanks for posting it.

Here's the quote:

BUMP> I've got the same issue with a funeral service disc. Has it been resolved yet? Same error, same company, everything. Using latest AnyDVD and CloneDVD versions. I'm hoping for a fix for this in the very near future. Family is here now with the funeral disc, leaving in another day.

Update: Couldn't wait on an answer but wanted to report back for those who also may be wanting help with these types of discs. With AnyDVD running I just dragged the last vob file onto my desktop. It played fine, and included the entire slideshow. I used VideoLan to convert the vob to an mpg file, then imported it into a DVD authoring program (PowerProducer Express, in this case). I had to make my own menu but a successful backup of the funeral presentation disc was made.

Yes, you found a good "workaround" - the ANSWER is to send the DVD to Slysoft.

Past that this is all rhetoric over and over and over and over.....

-W

Wasn't an option for me back then. I had the owner of the disc bring it to me to backup and was only here for the weekend.
I expected that a real fix for it would come around, but hasn't yet. I'm letting my wife know to skip any DVD offers at my service.

I don't know if SlySoft will be able to fix this for every disc if they just get one disc. It may be that they would need each individual disc to add support for it into AnyDVD. For mass produced commercial discs, this is feasible. For a disc that only one person has, it just isn't feasible for one person to mail it to SlySoft, then wait (and hope*) that they get it back, so that AnyDVD can be updated to support this one disc.

If what fzappa posted works for these, that is probably what most people who has one of these discs would want to do.

Don't get me wrong though, it would be very nice if someone with one of these discs would send it in to SlySoft to see if there's anything that could be done to support these on a larger scale.

*Not implying Slysoft themselves wouldn't send it back; a lot can happen on a round trip to Antigua, or China, or wherever. :)

http://www.nationaltributes.com/

For such a small number of discs produced it wouldn't be difficult for each disc to have unique protection on it.

I found this on another forum about National Tributes copy protection, for what it's worth:
One of my employees just brought in a DVD that appears to have been created with the National Tributes software and using the "burn-lock" protection.

"It really does stop a computer from ripping and duplicating the disc. I don't know how it does it, but you can see a line across the track on the DVD. It is not something "scratched" into the disk, but rather a line about 1mm wide that appears to have no information.

However, I was able to easily copy the VIDEO_TS folder and make a DVD.

Yes, "burn-lock" stopped my first couple attempts to copy the disk, but didn't completely prevent it. "

I'd be interested to hear from those who have one of these to look at the disc surface. I can try and see if the family member with the original can check theirs.

Back