• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Remove Annoying Adverts and Trailers

blingbling1384

I just noticed that the latest release of AnyDVD (and possibly a couple prior releases as I don't update too frequently) no longer has this option. There's options to remove annoying clips from menus, but I'd really like to have the previews removed so it will jump directly to the title menu. Is there any way to do this with the newer versions?

yes,but it is not possible "To jump directly to title movie"
This you were able to do in an earlier version.

If this option is no longer possible, SlySoft, please bring this back! This feature was golden!

If this option is no longer possible, SlySoft, please bring this back! This feature was golden!

It was removed because causes navigation problems in some dvds. If you want to skip to main title, then use CloneDVD2 and remove the menus

It makes no difference if you remove the menus or not it is not possible to jump directly to the Title Movie.
This facility was available in an older version of Anydvd but not in the latest versions.
I used to use it all the time without any problems.
There has been talk of introducing a similar facility in a later version.

Can't you just go to an old thread and install an old update or have they been all erased?

I'd like to chime in here for a minute if I could....

I came here on the forum to find the answer to this exact question...but I don't see a resolution.

I have a number of DVDs, primarily older ones, that will not play with AnyDVD unless I set it to "Jump Directly to Main Movie". "Jump Directly to Title Menu" or not removing adverts causes the title to hang.

I tried to play one of these titles yesterday and just noticed that "Main Movie" option is no longer available. And I can't play the title.

Like the previous poster, I'm anxious to know if this option will be brought back.

And, going backward to an earlier version is not a good solution. Being frozen at an old release means not being able to take advantage of ongoing fixes and updates....

T

Since AnyDVD removes PUO's, I've yet to find a single DVD that I can't get to the Main Movie in 2 clicks with.

-W

Don't have a clue what a PUO is, but in my case, these handful of movies I mentioned cause my movie player to hang if AnyDVD is not on this setting.

Doesn't matter if the player is Windows Media Player, PowerDVD or TotalMedia Theater. The player spins it wheels and does nothing. In the past I would have to remove the DVD, change AnyDVD to Jump Directly to Main Movie, and re-insert the DVD. Then it would play starting with the First Title.

So there are no clicks that let me get to the movie with these particular titles.

As I mentioned most of these DVDs were made back when DVDs where first produced and they are not mainstream titles. So maybe they have a slightly different structure?

T

Don't have a clue what a PUO is, but in my case, these handful of movies I mentioned cause my movie player to hang if AnyDVD is not on this setting.

Doesn't matter if the player is Windows Media Player, PowerDVD or TotalMedia Theater. The player spins it wheels and does nothing. In the past I would have to remove the DVD, change AnyDVD to Jump Directly to Main Movie, and re-insert the DVD. Then it would play starting with the First Title.

So there are no clicks that let me get to the movie with these particular titles.

As I mentioned most of these DVDs were made back when DVDs where first produced and they are not mainstream titles. So maybe they have a slightly different structure?

T

I see.
A workaround solution would be to re-author the DVD and rip just the Main Movie out of it. (assuming you can live without the rest of the crap).

-W

I'm very disappointed that this option was removed. Automatically jumping to the main movie (or even the title menu) and being able to skip the intros/commercials was a fantastic feature. Please bring it back. The "remove small clips" feature is worthless.

I don't want to have to re-author every movie with CloneDVD. I just want to be put the disk in and have it start playing the main movie. I'd enjoyed this feature for several year and it was removed without warning. Not cool. If it causes issues with some discs, then put a warning message above those settings in the options window and recommend that people don't use it.

I'm still having problems with the "remove annoying Adverts and Trailers" option. When I start playback, it skips through several very short, blank video files and then stops. I can't jump to the movie menu. I can't jump to the main title. I can't play anything. This is for multiple discs.

Please bring back the "skip to main menu / skip to main movie" options. That worked much more reliably than this new "enhancement" does.

Not sure if I'm beating a dead horse here but i really wish this feature was brought back. using CLONE DVD doesn't work for me. I keep all my movies on a computer and you just click on the movie and it plays the movie, Now the best part of this is the MENU structure is kept so if you wish to play the other crap its there. I have ripped over 300 movies this way and really wish it was back. Does anyone Know which was the latest version that had this feature? Yes understand it might night RIP newer DVDs.

Not sure if I'm beating a dead horse here but i really wish this feature was brought back. using CLONE DVD doesn't work for me. I keep all my movies on a computer and you just click on the movie and it plays the movie, Now the best part of this is the MENU structure is kept so if you wish to play the other crap its there. I have ripped over 300 movies this way and really wish it was back. Does anyone Know which was the latest version that had this feature? Yes understand it might night RIP newer DVDs.

Why doesn't CloneDVD work for you? It does exactly what you want.

James,

Will SlySoft bring back the "skip to main menu / skip to main movie"? That answer still has not been given at least from what I have read so far.

Can it be brought back but unchecked as a default, then the user can select it if they choose?

Back