• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Copy Error with "Source Code"

The solution seems to be use CloneDVD and select only the 93 minute title.

Tried the ImageBurn method and I got an error stop at 96% again. Seems that the disc is pointing to a non-existent media sector.
So I used CloneDVD and unchecked the bottom four files (they just looked suspicious).

Worked! and I still have full menus and all extras including the directors commentary8).
Was able to rip that copy to an iso via anydvdhd with zero issues.
Thank you all for the tips.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the logfile earlier Tamvegas.
I'm suspecting there are a couple different versions of "Source Code" out there - probably coupled with a batch of defective disks to muck up the scenario. James and Peer (having your logfile) can sort this out - one way or the other.

-W

Thanks for posting the logfile earlier Tamvegas.
I'm suspecting there are a couple different versions of "Source Code" out there - probably coupled with a batch of defective disks to muck up the scenario. James and Peer (having your logfile) can sort this out - one way or the other.

That depends. I don't know what versions of AnyDVD you're talking about right now.
6.8.5.0 should handle all flavors of "Source Code". If not - we can start another discussion.

I was just basing it on what Tamvegas last said. It seems a few people have had to re-author in some way to get past an error in the last 4%.
Of course that might well be a production error at the outer rim of the disk as well.

-W

I was just basing it on what Tamvegas last said. It seems a few people have had to re-author in some way to get past an error in the last 4%.
Of course that might well be a production error at the outer rim of the disk as well.

-W

Pre v6.8.5.0 AnyDVD had a bug that may very well have caused this.
See this in the changelog:
- Fix (DVD): AI scanner bugfixes

Frank, I didn't see my post from yesterday. I did what you said, it it worked. Thank you/

Frank, I didn't see my post from yesterday. I did what you said, it it worked. Thank you/
Frank said "use ImgBurn". I really would like to know what you did exactly. Thank you.

same problem

Same problem, making iso with anydvd ripper or imgburn fails at 96%, clean disc, updated firmware of drive, online or offline info, still failed with unreadable disc error. I did the same as tamvegas, downloaded clonedvd trial, deselected last 4 items (all 0 sec run time items) and iso creation worked fine.

Think you guys are missing something thats on at lease some of these discs.

Dont think I've ever posted before so "I love AnyDVD!!!" thanks guys

Same problem, making iso with anydvd ripper or imgburn fails at 96%, clean disc, updated firmware of drive, online or offline info, still failed with unreadable disc error. I did the same as tamvegas, downloaded clonedvd trial, deselected last 4 items (all 0 sec run time items) and iso creation worked fine.

Think you guys are missing something thats on at lease some of these discs.

Dont think I've ever posted before so "I love AnyDVD!!!" thanks guys

This is what I was talking about....

-W

I am using the latest beta of AnyDVD but when I get about 95% of the copy done, I get an error that the copy failed. This is happening both with Nero and Roxio. I have enabled Agressive Mode, but still with no success. The DVD (not Blu-Ray) is clean with no apparent blemishes. Any help would be appreciated.
I also was unable to complete copy of SOURCE CODE DVD as an *.ISO file with v6.8.5.0 after 3 attempts. It copied about 97% each time, but then acted like there was more to copy but gave me an error that it was not able to copy the entire DVD. I do not have a screenshot of the exact error. The original played fine on DVD player. Was a US disc, fairly new with no apparently bad scratches.

I also was unable to complete copy of SOURCE CODE DVD as an *.ISO file

This is correct, do not do this. Use CloneDVD to make your ISO, remember deselect everything except the 93 minute title.

Assorted failed Source Code copy attempts

The Source Code DVD sure has your number.

I tried to copy the Source Code DVD six times unsuccessfully. Using AnyDVD 6.8.5.0, CloneDVD 2.9.3.0 and Nero 10.6.10600.4.100, Windows 7 3-bit. Using VLC 1.1.11 for playback.

Trys

1) CloneDVD to DVD-5 (transcoded smaller).
2) CloneDVD to DVD-DL (1-1 copy, no transcoding).
3) Nero -- complained about a failed read so wouldn't complete the copy try.
4) CloneDVD to DVD-5, copying all but last four "Play Time = 0.00" length files.
5) CloneDVD to DVD-5 copying *only* the "Play Time = 1:33:08" movie.
6) Copy from CloneDVD DVD files (after using DVD to copy from the DVD to the DVD files, see below) to a DVD-5.

In all except Try #5 (and #3), the resulting DVD would try to play but it seemed to be starting at the end of something (opening DVD "ta da," playback slide jumped to the end) and it would then launch into trailers. Could not bring up any menus or find a way to play the main movie. AnyDVD never reported any errors via a dialog. Try #5 wouldn't attempt to play anything, not even trailers. I didn't try ripping to an ISO (using CloneDVD or ImgBurn).

The original DVD plays fine with VLC. It starts up at a DVD menu that allow the user to "Play Movie" and the movie plays fine. A few special features are also available from the main menu and they work OK.

I *was* able to successfully rip to my harddrive and play back the movie with VLC from the copy on the harddrive (seeing same behavior as with the original DVD, i.e. "Play Movie" menu) using

a) AnyDVD "Rip Video DVD to Harddisk..."
b) CloneDVD and the "DVD Files" output method. I then used this this as the source in the unsuccessful Try #6 above.

Playing either one of these ripped images with VLC works fine, looking the same (menus, special features, playback of the movie) as when playing the original DVD. I'm OK with this since it allows playing of the movie while the original isn't in the PC and is locked away in a safe place.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.5.0_Info_D_SOURCE_CODE.zip
    210.8 KB · Views: 5
This is correct, do not do this. Use CloneDVD to make your ISO, remember deselect everything except the 93 minute title.

According to a couple other posters, you don't have to cut that deeply.
You can just de-select the bottom 4 titles in CloneDVD. (at least it's worth a try)

-W (just sayin')

I tried that (de-selecting only the last four items) per one of my copy attempts (failed Try #4 in my list) as well as only selecting the one main large movie file (failed Try #5). I had already seen those suggestion so I gave them a try before I posted.

BTW, I also attempted an ImgBurn of the whole disk to an ISO to see what would happen and it failed, reporting a bunch of CRC errors while working with some files or sectors (ImgBurn failure log not handy where I am or I would have included it here). I didn't try burning the one main large movie file to an ISO per another posted suggestion. So, even with AnyDVD 6.8.5.0 running, both Nero & ImgBurn crapped out with failures during copy attempts. Only CloneDVD didn't report (to screen) any failures and ran to completion although none of the copies it made worked either.

i've experience the same issue with Source Code.
Log attached.
Using AnyDVD6850
Error at 96% when "Rip To Image"
Was able to use CloneDVD 2930 to make an ISO file with CloneDVD automatically removing dummy title sets.
Tried multiple attempts and even used another Source Code disc. Every time had ISO rip stop at 96%
Just wanted to make aware that this is not an isolated issue with a few users.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.5.0_Info_M_SOURCE_CODE.zip
    208.8 KB · Views: 0
Tried multiple attempts and even used another Source Code disc. Every time had ISO rip stop at 96%
Just wanted to make aware that this is not an isolated issue with a few users.

No.. At this point I'd surmise it's a "known issue" and that it's being looked at.

-W

6.8.5.0 was able to backup the full (w/menus) Source Code DVD okay (apparently).

It would play back okay on my computer, although there was a substantial delay (w/ black screen) before the main title menu.

However, my set-top media player would choke on the .IFO and dump out without playing anything.

I traced (single step) through the .IFO with pgcedit, and found that it started with that black screen playback (title 10), which is a fake button select with two invisible buttons. After it finishes playing this, it goes to 9 with the commentary disclaimer.

So, I edited the .IFO to start at 9 instead of 10, so it never plays the fake button select video. Now it plays fine on my set-top media player too, with all menus, using DVD folder structure.

Both here and in Support I've had 96% problems fixed using ImgBurn.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cd_dvd/burning/imgburn.cfm

I thought is was worth mentioning :D

This is just a link to download ImgBurn 2.5.5.0. I used this version of Imgburn with AnyDVD 6.8.5.0 and had the same failure that others here have reported at 96% or so. Were you suggesting that 2.5.5.0 worked for you or others? Did you change the default read settings? I do love ImgBurn, and contributed $100 to the author, and helped him troubleshoot many errors in the past. The best part is that it seems to be able to read the "problem DVDs" directly to ISO (with AnyDVD running of course) and produce a working copy instead of having to rip the files to the hard drive and rebuild the image as is suggested for these supposed problem titles in the one FAQ on this forum. The FAQ suggests that CloneCD with AnyDVD will not work on these problemmatic DVDs, and ripping to files is necessary first. This hasn't been my experience with the ImgBurn/AnyDVD combination until the Source Code DVD.

Meanwhile, it ripped to files just fine with AnyDVD 6.8.5.0 and CloneDVD 2.9.3.0.

Just for grins, I tried the newest version of that "other" program, which I purchased along with AnyDVD/CloneDVD/CloneCD way back when I was beginning to back up my DVDs, and guess what - it created an ISO image directly from the DVD that plays flawlessly - all titles and menus on set-top players and computer software players.

Now I will say that I had pretty much stopped using that other program for almost two years, since AnyDVD was handling everything I threw at it, but it doesn't hurt to have both in the stable for cases like this. I'm one of those that perfers the simplicity and "purity" of being able to backup and burn an ISO image.

Last edited:
Back