• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved - Use AnyDVD 6.8.4.1 beta or newer] new protect on source code DVD??

Don't rip to ISO with a DVD. There is a massive warning when you did this, don't click it away and then complain about it later.

Can't we just ELIMINATE the rip to ISO "feature" for SD-DVD's and be done with it?

I swear to Cod we've spent more time discussing it than it was ever worth.

-W

Can't we just ELIMINATE the rip to ISO "feature" for SD-DVD's and be done with it?

I swear to Cod we've spent more time discussing it than it was ever worth.

-W

Nope. Because it only causes trouble with some discs. With others it's sometimes a handy feature. You just need to know, that if you run into trouble, we told you so ;)

Yes.. I hear you.
It's like that "remove annoying adverts and trailers" feature.
It usually works fine - but when it doesn't work fine... the typing starts. :)

-W

humm the warning I get is :

attachment.php

All that says to me is that it is going to make a file that you need a way to mount the image ( as I do with Alcohol or as others do with Virtual Drive ) vs using a tool like DVDshrink which I don't use.

I have been using this software for a very long time, never had much issue making an image file of my discs. Using alcohol or AnyDVD Rip to Image.

How is the above a warning about anything else ?

-R

Attachments

• image-warn.jpg
    image-warn.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 50
source code

rob, check your status in the settings window, to see if it states using online or local database. I tried it with the internet on and off, same result at 96% when rip to image.

set to internet, I did that a while back for the True Grit DVD

attached the program settings pop up

-R

Attachments

• Image10.jpg
    Image10.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 11
I guess I don't understand the rip to image (iso) function then.

I have been using AnyDVD for years with the rip to iso with no issues, I have ripped my entire DVD library of over 500 SD DVD's without issue.

I have only recently had issues ripping to ISO with a few DVD's over the past year, I usually wait for a new or beta version and I am up and running again.

I prefer ISO so I can watch the original DVD content from my NAS box, easier to catalog, list and watch.

Why do I now need a 3rd party tool to convert back to ISO?

I am confused.

Thanks
G

I guess I don't understand the rip to image (iso) function then.

See the FAQs. Best way to rip with AnyDVD

Question: When should I use "rip to image"?

Answer
a) With dvds, probably never
b) If you just want to mount an .iso in Virtual Clonedrive, and watch the movie, then "rip to image" is probably fine.

The resulting rip from dvds containing structural protection when using "rip to image" may not be compliant with a lot of third party programs. So "rip to video-dvd to hardisk" is preferable. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992. For Blu-rays it doesn't mattter. For dvds, it can matter (a lot).
"Rip to image" should typically not be used with dvds; that feature was implemented mostly for Blu-ray and HD-DVD users. And it's no coincidence that Blu-rays and HD-DVDs do not contain structural protection.

Question: O.k., but I want to create an .iso, and you're telling me not to use "rip to image". What should I do instead?

Answer
Use Clonedvd to create an .iso. Clonedvd rips faster, and you can remove unwanted material before ripping. Also, when you create .isos with Clonedvd, you can be assured structural protection is completely removed with dvds; this is preferable to using "rip to image" in Anydvd with dvds. Clonedvd makes a lot more sense to use with dvds than using Anydvd to rip in those instances, especially if you want to produce output that is complaint with a lot of third party programs.

Alternatively, use "rip video-dvd to harddisk", and then use a third party program to create an .iso from the files you just ripped to your hard drive.

ok, still bummed, I guess I never read that FAQ from when I bought AnyDVD years ago.

I have been using the fantastic 1 click rip from anydvd to iso for years.

Guess I will just have to use the 15 click clone dvd version now.

Btw, average rip in AnyDVD on my machine is 22 min, took 26min in clone dvd.

Thx
G

15 clicks?

With ImgBurn it is about as easy as "rip to image" in AnyDVD, no?

Rip to ISO got me too

I misunderstood the wording of the ISO tool. I've been successfully using it for a long time since DL disks got cheaper. It wasn't until Source Code I had a problem. I used to always use CloneDVD and shrink to 4.7GB disks. Anyway, the wording of the ISO rip thing sounds like it just means you need to work with an image tool to burn it which is always the case so I pretty much ignored the message- suggest rephrasing it.

That comment of James was apparently specific to AnyDVD+CloneCD, not Imgburn.

Maybe we should wait for James to explain the situation, hopefully in greater detail, before possible misinformation gets spread all over the place, m'ok? :)

If CloneCD is reading errors via the latest AnyDVD drive filter, I'm pretty confident ImgBurn will behave the same. I don't have the Saw the Final Chapter DVD with which to test this. Perhaps someone else can try it?

Back