• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Green Hornet R1

jjamez

I have tried 3 different DVDs of this and they all error out in the same manner. I have also tried to remove the ads and other junk, with no avail. All 3 DVDs stop at same place.

WinXP Pro SP3 on a Dell Optiplex 745.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.0.2_Info_D_GREEN_HORNET.zip
    462.6 KB · Views: 11
Thanks for the pointer and I'm aware of the search (and have read that it already works after a certain rev of the software) but I am still unable to get it to work using 3 different DVDs (not players but actual DVDs). I find it strange that they all 3 would stop in the same position and with the same error each time. In the past when I have had this type of problem I have found it to be a defective/scratched DVD. In this particular instance I just can't imagine how 3 different sources would have same exact error. Anyways, thanks for the help.

its pretty simple for the 3 diff sources. Bad discs usually come in batches as commercial discs are pressed, not burned

Thanks for the pointer and I'm aware of the search (and have read that it already works after a certain rev of the software) but I am still unable to get it to work using 3 different DVDs (not players but actual DVDs). I find it strange that they all 3 would stop in the same position and with the same error each time. In the past when I have had this type of problem I have found it to be a defective/scratched DVD. In this particular instance I just can't imagine how 3 different sources would have same exact error. Anyways, thanks for the help.

Defective DVDs tend to be pressed in batches. The stamping could be bad or the quality of the materials for the discs is junk. The DVDs could be borderline, as well, where they might be okay in a standalone but not in a PC DVD drive. The fact that all three have a problem in the same position with the same error would make it appear there could definitely be a manufacturing issue. The industry outsources DVD pressing and the quality control has dropped significantly in recent years. Now that the industry is pushing the Blu-Ray market it appears that they are even less concerned with quality control for DVDs. Even bad Blu-Rays get sold.

I suspect if there were really a big issue with this DVD and AnyDVD that the forums would be inundated with people posting about problems and we haven't seen that.

@poppy: no need to double post here, and especially not with information thats incorrect

jjamez, explain what you mean by "erroring out". What exactly is the error message?

Known problem needs to be understood

Thanks for the pointer and I'm aware of the search (and have read that it already works after a certain rev of the software) but I am still unable to get it to work using 3 different DVDs (not players but actual DVDs). I find it strange that they all 3 would stop in the same position

1. There is NOTHING AnyDVD can do about a defective DVD.

2. Defects like this often come in batches.

3. READ errors are not protections and a production error will indeed fail in the same place. Sorry if this is incomprehensible to you but that doesn't change anything.

4. I suspect your error is FILEIO3 and I think this is mentioned often enough in the threads.

We say it again and again and again: a disc that plays may not necessarily be readable for a copy, read errors are not protections and production errors can render a batch of DVDs unreadable, i.e. Christmas Carol 2010.

I wonder, is there any possibility that manufacturers are doing this to help combat ripping? One wouldn't think it would be too hard to cause something like this if they wanted to, and it would be virtually impossible to circumvent if they were...

No, because in all cases there are MANY more good ones than bad ones.

Is there a Solution for "Green Lantern" errors

SO - is there a "fix" or way to handle processing these particular error noted as being prevalent in this title? If not "prevelent", these types of errors described consistently throughout the other postings in this particular thread are consist. I've read mention of this error (or common, similar couple of errors) w/ this title , that is is in one of many different batched of questions/responses, but haven't had luck in both finding the actual suggestions about correction/work arounds referenced (in this particular thread) nor have I been able to find the other solutions noted as being available in other threads that will allow me to back up my copy even w/ the newest, sandbox version of "AnyDVD".

Could you please update us w/ the most up to date info on how to back this DVD up and update us in thisthread, also? OR, include a link in an updated posting in this thread - one that will take us to a possible solution to the problem that supposedly exists in another thread?

Thank you for your assistance SS Mods and Valued Forum Members - lmc

Last edited:
SO - is there a "fix" or way to handle processing this particular title?

Sure, you just copy it using a recent AnyDVD version. If you have a problem, please provide more details and a logfile.

James - "rip to....harddisk?" or "... to image?"

Actually, though - backing up file in either manner results in the same problem that i am unable to override...
Since I have JUST updated to the Sandbox version of Any DVD, I am going to reboot puter and reattempt to back0up w/ this newest AnyDVD - hopefully this will resolve the previous issues that I encountered before installing the new/sandbox version of AnyDVD.
lmc
ps - thank you for your prompt assistant, James

Last edited:
I am having the same problem, thanks guys for clarifying that a read error is not a protection problem, I just assumed when it failed on me that this was a protection problem. Guess I'll try a different disk later on down the road. :D

Back