• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Lord of the Rings Extended Blu-ray won't play film

poissony

Lord of the Rings Extended Version UK BluRay won't play main movie with Anydvd enabled. Get the following message:

"Copy detected (or a rip tool is running if you are trying to watch this movie on your PC)."

I've only tried Fellowship of the Ring, will try others shortly. The disc does actually play the menu and the easter egg MTV spoof but not the main movie.

Disabling Anydvd and it plays fine.

EDIT: Tried the other 5(!) BluRays in the set and same problem. Logs attached.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.1.0_Info_F_FOTR_D1_UK.zip
    99.7 KB · Views: 22
  • AnyDVD_6.8.1.0_Info_F_ROTK_D2_UK.zip
    113.4 KB · Views: 4
  • AnyDVD_6.8.1.0_Info_F_ROTK_D1_UK.zip
    109.4 KB · Views: 3
  • AnyDVD_6.8.1.0_Info_F_TTT_D2_UK.zip
    106.8 KB · Views: 3
  • AnyDVD_6.8.1.0_Info_F_TTT_D1_UK.zip
    99.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Last log file.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.1.0_Info_F_FOTR_D2_UK.zip
    105.5 KB · Views: 7
Lord of the Rings Extended Version UK BluRay won't play main movie with Anydvd enabled. Get the following message:

"Copy detected (or a rip tool is running if you are trying to watch this movie on your PC)."

Who or what is giving you this message how?

I see this message within the TMT5.0.1.87 player and the TMT MCE plugin. I select Play Movie from the menu and instead of seeing the film I get a video with this message. Disable anydvd and the movie plays as normal. I've attached a photo.

lotr.jpg

I see this message within the TMT5.0.1.87 player and the TMT MCE plugin. I select Play Movie from the menu and instead of seeing the film I get a video with this message. Disable anydvd and the movie plays as normal. I've attached a photo.

lotr.jpg
The URL in the message is http://eiv.continuemovie.com/, which merely displays this message:
Dear customer,

The disc you’ve inserted cannot be played back due to copyright restrictions. Please visit your local retail or online store of choice to purchase a genuine copy.

If you try to play back an original disc on your computer and experience a "copy detected" message, please ensure that no ripping or copying tool is actively running while performing the playback.
The domain continuemovie.com is owned by Sony DADC Austria AG. That and messages in all 6 discs' status windows indicate it's an update to Sony DADC's BD-Java protection, AFAIK used mostly by European indie distributors (like Entertainment in Video, which distributes New Line in the UK).

I expect James and/or Peer will give you special instructions (possibly by PM) to upload certain JAR files from the discs. Be sure to follow those instructions; with those JAR files, they *should* be able to fix this in the next update.

Please note that this is almost certainly specific to the UK edition, though it may appear in other countries (mostly in Europe) where Warner Bros. hasn't taken over distribution of New Line. Though I can't be 100% certain, it is *NOT* likely to appear on the U.S. or Canadian versions of LOTR EE. (Though Alliance still distributes New Line in Canada, they use WB's U.S. disc masters.)

What happens if you clear the blu-ray cache for TMT and don't let it connect to the internet?

I get these on Tuesday for the US region. That's some pretty whacked stuff going on with these UK discs.

EDIT: Tried the other 5(!) BluRays in the set and same problem. Logs attached.

We'd need to see the .JAR files from the "/BDMV/JAR" folder on the disc.
Can you provide those?

Yes I can provide the files from BDMV/JAR. Do you need them from each disc and how would you like me to deliver them to you?

I am not sure how many peer want but you can attach to this forum that is I know for sure. My guess would be since this disc are all released in same time line a single jar file would be enough.

Attached .jar file from one disc, let me know if you need more.

Attachments

• 00000.jar
    528.6 KB · Views: 10
Attached .jar file from one disc, let me know if you need more.

OK, thanks - sorry, I forgot to mention that it needs to be a JAR file without AnyDVD running, so it's the original.

I'll try to get by with this one, but if you pop by, please upload the original as well.

Thanks.

Success! I'm now able to playback all 6 discs with anydvd enabled.

Please note that this is almost certainly specific to the UK edition, though it may appear in other countries (mostly in Europe)...
Just take the italian version and the copy detected message is present, localized on the same screen for all most european languages. The BDPHash posted by Peer works perfectly too. :agree:

Back